Question about slow speeds.

I'm thinking about getting a netduma because it has a lot of useful features like being able to play without lag when someone is downloading something but I don't know if it would help. I live in an area where I can only get capped speeds so I can't upgrade. Currently the speeds that I pay for from Att is only 7mbps download and only .512mbps so its not great but good enough for online to where I can play without lag unless someone is downloading something. This leads to my question would it make a difference with the netduma and its features?

I think yes. Gaming doesnt need much bandwidth but with the congestion control feature you can set a certain speed for your console or pc that you will constantly get. It think your speed will easily manage that. There is also a hyper lane feature to make sure that your console or pc gets first priority when sending packages.

I think yes. Gaming doesnt need much bandwidth but with the congestion control feature you can set a certain speed for your console or pc that you will constantly get. It think your speed will easily manage that. There is also a hyper lane feature to make sure that your console or pc gets first priority when sending packages.

Ok thanks for the info.

I'm thinking about getting a netduma because it has a lot of useful features like being able to play without lag when someone is downloading something but I don't know if it would help. I live in an area where I can only get capped speeds so I can't upgrade. Currently the speeds that I pay for from Att is only 7mbps download and only .512mbps so its not great but good enough for online to where I can play without lag unless someone is downloading something. This leads to my question would it make a difference with the netduma and its features?

.5 mbps is a little low for your upload speed so you may have to set your console to get 95% of your upload, but for download it should be more than sufficient enough to handle gaming with the duma limiting people from killing your connection.

Archived