Getting worse im afraid

RADDY1993

Raddy good luck with the ankle mate .This is AW and not the DUMA , I invested in the xbox 360 and Black ops 2 last week and have had so much fun . I know it's not the answer your looking for but AW on next gen really sucks

Its definitley the dedis causing issues, i often get a 8-10ms in south uk and plays like im in a 100ms plus lobbey, then when i have a great game and hitmarkers tally up im connected to a 40ms player host, not sure if its a server refresh rate issue or lack of local players but there is a significant difference.

Earlier today i was on said dedi and all of our team were 4 bar and the opposition were between 2 and 3 bar and they smashed us on tdm, i know there will be issues death round corners etc but one v one at the same time i should have the advantage im sure.

Ppl are abandoning AW in droves now. Ppl quit playing because of the connection which makes the connection worse and more ppl quit because of that.

It started in February and it just keeps getting worse. I've been on blops2 for the last two weeks and the connection is way better because more ppl play a two year old game than AW.

I don't think it's a fair demise for AW. The game is awesome imo. Maybe when the new COD comes out it will be next gen only which may increase the player count in AW and make it playable again

Yes its funny the UK dedi i get is a smooth 30ms and plays not very good, but the Netherlands dedi sits at 40ms and plays awsome, look back through the posts and i posted a screenie of my best GF setup :) also heres a video of that Netherlands dedi : http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1212-mp11-gameplay-on-dedi-40ms/?do=findComment&comment=17480

Okay so I jumped back into AW this morning and changed a few things which gave me my best gameplay for a very very long time on AW . Problem is I am not sure what change Actually made the difference it could be a combination so here goes

1) moved to NL and found that Dedi Raddy was talking about , I had around 10 great games this morning but only 5 on this dedi so it is fair to say the improvement was not just because I moved to NL

2) set up , I am a run and gunner and used this new set up this morning

ASM1 speakeasy ELITE - foregrip / laser

Exo - over clock ( lunatic mode )

Lightweight and take your pick for the rest

3) Congestion control

Changed to 100 % down and up and put my xbox on the pie to 90% and my iPad 10% everybody else was 0 . Good job they were either out or asleep to I did not upset anybody

So those things I changed from my usual set up and I had a great time

Hope this helps some of you

Okay so I jumped back into AW this morning and changed a few things which gave me my best gameplay for a very very long time on AW . Problem is I am not sure what change Actually made the difference it could be a combination so here goes

1) moved to NL and found that Dedi Raddy was talking about , I had around 10 great games this morning but only 5 on this dedi so it is fair to say the improvement was not just because I moved to NL

3) Congestion control

Changed to 100 % down and up and put my xbox on the pie to 90% and my iPad 10% everybody else was 0 . Good job they were either out or asleep to I did not upset anybody

Thanks for the detailed info mate. I'll try to connect to that server tonight. I also think that it is not fair for the community (and for the game itself)  to jump to conclusions if we have a bad night or two.

Time of day also seems to make a big difference so I think some of these setting changes may be false positives and just causing us to chase our tails.

I had the day off yesterday so did some daytime gaming which is rare, I was absolutely beasting.  I was hitting double digit KD all day with my best going a 34-2 in TDM

At around 5pm things started to change, I was getting weird deaths marshmallow bullets and all the other obvious signs of lag.  I didn't change my settings all day and was playing on the UK dedi for most of the games when things were running smooth.  Everything looked the same when the lag started, same server, same ping times but games went to crap. 

I don't know maybe server load is an issue or just the player count going up and having some effect but during the evening the only good games I got were when I was on a P2P connection.

My feeling is whatever is going on with the dedis causing these crap games the R1 can only do so much with and changing the settings might just be a coincidental effect which makes it seem like the changes have helped.  All I know is the only consistent gaming I get with AW is on P2P

3) Congestion control

That NL dedi is great everytime i get it i have a good game, also the speakeasy is a beast but if you are on PS4 they are going to nerf it in the next week XBO has had the patch already and its nerfed but people say its still good.

Guys anyone else not able to login to the control panel for the r1? Been trying all last night and today i only got my r1 yesterday at around 2pm. Please if anyone can help me as im not a wizz kid at computing i would really appreciate it thanks. P.S. ive tried messaging devs but not letting my mail send? 

Guys anyone else not able to login to the control panel for the r1? Been trying all last night and today i only got my r1 yesterday at around 2pm. Please if anyone can help me as im not a wizz kid at computing i would really appreciate it thanks. P.S. ive tried messaging devs but not letting my mail send?

You'd be better off starting a new thread with your issue rather than tacking it on here. More chance of it getting seen and responded to.

The support here is the best I'm sure your problem will be sorted in no time.

Im speculating here, but I think AWs netcode takes in some weird factors and I'm not sure if Ping is king anymore. I ping so low on these dedicated servers, yet I don't feel that crisp hit detection I was so accustomed to before the dedis completely took over. Lag compensation maybe, any thoughts?

Im speculating here, but I think AWs netcode takes in some weird factors and I'm not sure if Ping is king anymore. I ping so low on these dedicated servers, yet I don't feel that crisp hit detection I was so accustomed to before the dedis completely took over. Lag compensation maybe, any thoughts?

True, i get better gameplay on 40-50ms dedis server than a 30ms dedi.

Ive just had an hour with the geofilter settings that raddy suggested, home location south coast of uk set to aprox 250 miles and ping assist 35.

AW domination solo and every game felt pretty good. BUT what i did notice was that every single game was hosted outside the geofilter and on one server on the west coast of america and im guessing that it was a dedicated server because i couldnt allow or deny it, just ping or trace.

Has this been the same for anybody else??

Guest Netduma_Iain

Marc take a screenshot next time it happens and start a new thread & i'll let you know if its normal. I assume its ping assisted host but it could mean you've got some settings wrong. 

Will do iain.

The ping gragh during games wasnt bad, a couple of spikes to 50ms but other that pretty stable around 25ms.

I just thought it strange that even when most players left after each match it would put back on the same usa server.

Archived