Scuf Build Suggestions

PharmDawgg

I originally had a scuf for my 360 but every since I got my Xbox one I have only played with my stock controller. I need some scuf build suggestions because I'm going to be ordering one tonight if I get enough build suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Get two paddles, electro magnetic remapping, get the hair trigger kit separately so you can add it and take it off when you want. (I have a controller dedicated to COD so I never remove it.) Get control freeks so you can remove them when you want. BOOM 

• Netduma Staff

Get two paddles, electro magnetic remapping, get the hair trigger kit separately so you can add it and take it off when you want. (I have a controller dedicated to COD so I never remove it.) Get control freeks so you can remove them when you want. BOOM 

This is what I have and it works really well :) I think the only difference is that I only have a Kontrol Freek on the right analog stick because you don't really need one on the left.

On the left, I have a regular domed black scuf analog.

Then its up to you really if you want the scuf grip on the back. I got the scuf grip is probably the nicest :)

I went for the 4 paddle so i never have to take my thumb off the right stick , so muscle memory works 100% as there is never an adjustment.

CQC control freek on the right stick and the scuff grip.

I recently purchased some buttons from Radio Shack online and built my own, also removed rumble packs. I have a custom Scuf 4ps but honestly I'm not impressed with the build quality, triggers are squeaky, shell didn't fit together well, and left tact switch lost it's tic after only six weeks. The controller I built is much more comfortable and works like a dream. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

• Netduma Staff

I recently purchased some buttons from Radio Shack online and built my own, also removed rumble packs. I have a custom Scuf 4ps but honestly I'm not impressed with the build quality, triggers are squeaky, shell didn't fit together well, and left tact switch lost it's tic after only six weeks. The controller I built is much more comfortable and works like a dream. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

I would quit like to see it :D

I've bought Scuf variants for PS3, 360 and now the XB1 through the years.  I would suggest 2 paddles (I bought 4, but pulled two because I lacked the immediate need to learn to use all four), with the trigger stops and then comes the height of the sticks.  I got medium length sticks, both with concave caps, and it works for me but it does take some getting used to using.   I got one of the grips, I wish I could remember which one.  One, and I think it's the SCUF grip, was really aggressive on my fingers, but the other one (Pro" I think) isn't too rough and doesn't give me the pre-blister skin after a long session.  

With the angle of the XB1 grip, I opted for the medium length sticks because the stock ones seemed "short" to me. I gambled and ordered with the mediums but I have been very pleased with the overall result.   I haven't tried either the "normal/short" that are more like OEM or the "Long" sticks that the snipers prefer, so I have nothing to offer you on that decision.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

JD

I included the part number for the red switches. The black switches were a little to stiff for my liking so I pulled them apart and replaced the contact springs with some I made from a bic lighter. I also made a shim for the contact disc to shorten the throw necessary to engage the switch, I'm not sure if that will be necessary on the red switches as they feel better and have a shorter throw. Hope this helps, also note I put some sticky foam on the scuf paddles because I didn't care for the feel-reach of them out of the box. Cheers

post-447-0-56492900-1425695650_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-65597700-1425695662_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-04528100-1425695677_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-16737200-1425695692_thumb.jpg

Archived