xbox party chat

So over the past month or so I have been having issues with xbox party chat. It says something to the extent that something is wrong with my network settings. Each time this happens I have to go into upnp disable it and then re-enable, turn off my xbox and then back on and party chat works again.  my question is, is this a known issue and a fix is coming or am i doing something wrong?

Start by setting a static IP for your console on the R1, then port forward the necessary xbox one ports (3074, 88, 80, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, Just select both protocols for each).  Upnp will only forward 3074 UDP for you. Also, make sure your banwith isn't too low or it can cause problems with chat.  Try these steps to eliminate a few possible issues.  Of course, it's quite likely that the people you are partied with have not taken these steps either, which could be an issue as well.

cant port forward anymore I was able to until I got another X one for the kiddos. No bandwidth issues...and the error comes up even before I attempt to start a party. upnp opens about 10 different ports then I reset they go away and i can use party chat again

Yes a lock comes up in what looks like minnesota

also these ports keep opening in upnp...I delete them then do an xbox hard reset and party chat works again. 

eredo 3074 3074   UDP Skype 3374 3374   UDP Skype 3374 3374   TCP DemonwarePortMapping 3075 3075   UDP Teredo 51695 51695   UDP Teredo 55111 55111   UDP Teredo 56879 56879   UDP NAT-PMP 5624 5624   UDP NAT-PMP 5624 5624   TCP

• Administrators

I think it's the lock causing the party chat issue potentially. Can you provide me the ID so I can check it out please. 

The ports will open automatically as they're needed. A hard reset of the Xbox should suffice in that situation.

• Administrators

the lock was a dedi...and if thats the case i would need to hard reset the xbox every other day or so

Can you provide me the ID please so I can check whether it has been incorrectly classed as such.

i ve seen a few posts with upnp issues...is this a trend lately?

We're looking into each matter, it's no more a trend than any other support issues people experience I should imagine.

what would be the downside of forwarding ports with 2 xbox on the same network and upnp enabled? obviously only being able to open ports to one address

You will encounter port conflicts and as such potentially achieve the issue you're trying to resolve. If you want to do that turn off UPnP and do it manually. Activision has a page for the ports to forward if you have two consoles.

lock isnt coming up anymore with ports forward so cant get the number but, ran into another issue. My netduma and another members are not showing the same server/host when we connect in game both have bleeding edge an auto cloud checked. When i'm connected to the virginia server he is connected to a new jersey server

• Administrators

lock isnt coming up anymore with ports forward so cant get the number but, ran into another issue. My netduma and another members are not showing the same server/host when we connect in game both have bleeding edge an auto cloud checked. When i'm connected to the virginia server he is connected to a new jersey server

Interesting, do you both have the exact same server ID?

Archived