Laggy servers Bo3 sucks

kevo

https://youtu.be/m58dZrnxv78in the video you see how laggy the game is for me and the crazy part about it im on a atlanta dedi which im pinging 20 too and it plays like im on a 200 ping server. i havent found this gae enjoyable at all. i find low ping games but its nothing i can do im always seconds behind and my shots just dont register its very annoying 

in the video you see how laggy the game is for me and the crazy part about it im on a atlanta dedi which im pinging 20 too and it plays like im on a 200 ping server. i havent found this gae enjoyable at all. i find low ping games but its nothing i can do im always seconds behind and my shots just dont register its very annoying

i play this weekend on peer to peer , i life in België and we have much dedicated servers arround us but there is not one what play whitout lag this weekend , sometimes i Find good games whit peer to peer sometimes the same lag bullshit like on dedicated , what a mess lag ops 3

https://youtu.be/m58dZrnxv78in the video you see how laggy the game is for me and the crazy part about it im on a atlanta dedi which im pinging 20 too and it plays like im on a 200 ping server. i havent found this gae enjoyable at all. i find low ping games but its nothing i can do im always seconds behind and my shots just dont register its very annoying 

Very Strange.  I see videos like this from time to time. Overloaded servers I guess?  I play on XB1 and have NEVER seen a game like that.  The game almost always plays very smooth for me, and I'm usually on the Virginia server and I'm in NYC.  I know PS4 has a larger player base, and perhaps that's why the servers can get overloaded at times?  But Wtf? smh lol

yea um 20ms should not be a 2 bar are you playing on a server close to u?

yep i live in alabama and im on a georgia dedi it says a 20 ms all the time but plays like a 200 ms ping 

Very Strange.  I see videos like this from time to time. Overloaded servers I guess?  I play on XB1 and have NEVER seen a game like that.  The game almost always plays very smooth for me, and I'm usually on the Virginia server and I'm in NYC.  I know PS4 has a larger player base, and perhaps that's why the servers can get overloaded at times?  But Wtf? smh lol

lol i cant play on xbox one with the netduma its always throwing me on the seattle dedi or Chicago server and i live in alabama 

I deleted the game from my PS4 earlier. No more lag for me. The R1 helped a little, but you can't polish a turd.

This game is an absolute joke.

its sad i have more fun playing aw and bo2 

i play this weekend on peer to peer , i life in België and we have much dedicated servers arround us but there is not one what play whitout lag this weekend , sometimes i Find good games whit peer to peer sometimes the same lag bullshit like on dedicated , what a mess lag ops 3

the netduma runs well for other cods but this one is something esle i swear 

20ms ping and you are on a two bar. Something is very wrong. I'm amazed you played it out.

i live in alabama and i always connect to one of those geogia dedis i always ping about 20 to them but in the lobbies it feels like im on a 400 ping server which is crazy i cant play this game 

lol i cant play on xbox one with the netduma its always throwing me on the seattle dedi or Chicago server and i live in alabama 

This is possible to change with the duma, I live in NJ and try to play on texas because it just plays better for me. You need to adjust some settings buddy!

i live in alabama and i always connect to one of those geogia dedis i always ping about 20 to them but in the lobbies it feels like im on a 400 ping server which is crazy i cant play this game 

The XB1 Virgina dedi plays well on Xb1.  You should just camp that server with the geofilter restricted and see how you fair.  If you get the same experience, something is very wrong on your side, because I've definitely never seen that..lol.  Props to you for toughing that nonsense out though.

That's definitely a server problem if you're pinging 20ms, yet it's registering it as a two-bar connection.

The main problem with this game is they keep fking with it every God Damned day.

You log on and there is "Downloading Files %" message which means they are tweaking crap left and right... Except not fixing the most important thing which is the netcode because they probably don't feel it needs fixing given the advantage it gives bad connection players.

A lot of this feedback is from the so-called pros who play on a closed LAN, so Treyarch listens to them, oblivious to how this plays out on the open internet. SMH.

This will be my last CoD. Not only have I outgrown it, but it's obvious it's a mess on the technical side, and I look forward to more "simple shooters" like some of the WW2 shooters that are poised to be released this summer if they reach their Kickstarter goals.

That's definitely a server problem if you're pinging 20ms, yet it's registering it as a two-bar connection.

The main problem with this game is they keep fking with it every God Damned day.

You log on and there is "Downloading Files %" message which means they are tweaking crap left and right... Except not fixing the most important thing which is the netcode because they probably don't feel it needs fixing given the advantage it gives bad connection players.

A lot of this feedback is from the so-called pros who play on a closed LAN, so Treyarch listens to them, oblivious to how this plays out on the open internet. SMH.

This will be my last CoD. Not only have I outgrown it, but it's obvious it's a mess on the technical side, and I look forward to more "simple shooters" like some of the WW2 shooters that are poised to be released this summer if they reach their Kickstarter goals.

im ready for titanfall 2 i think that game is gonna be good 

I have also noticed several games were the Netduma ping is staying fairly consistent yet the in-game ping is much higher or spiking which correlates to in-game lag experienced.   I personally believe that the servers are having a difficult time handling either server loads or what I will call "exceptions".

Throughout the Netduma forums we have seen topics (including mine own experiences) from various lag spikes, speed issues, noise on lines, etc. that are caused from various issues - modem (i.e. EEE broadcom chip), bad cable connections/lines, ISP connections/issues, WIFI interference and countless others.  This means interruptions in time critical communications, delays, packet loss, etc.  This in turn causes the servers re-sync, re-send data, get confused (techical term here LOL) or just stop responding.  

I am sure many of us have worked in companies or been on server networks and see similar results.   For example, an issue somewhere else on the network is causing you email not to sync, unable to connect to the internet or it is taking a much longer time to access files.  High traffic to a web server that was not expected or taken into account when planning the server design that causes it to crash.  

These items above that I just described are the "exceptions" that I believe the severs (or peer systems) have difficulty handling.   These types of difficulties then result in slower/delayed server response.  I believe the in-game "ping monitoring" is actual a communication response time between us and the server.   That is why the Netduma ping can be fairly consistent while the game ping is more random and erratic. 

I believe that the Netduma lag compensation testing will yield some interesting information.   However, I believe that part of the bigger issue with lag spikes, certain serves, etc. are more contributed to the servers design, programming and ability to handle these "exceptions".  

Please note that while I do have a fairly broad technical background in a variety of technical fields (electrical, software, mechanical, systems engineering, information systems, metallurgical, physics, nuclear, etc.), I don't have a expertise in any of these.  This is only my opinion based upon my experiences.

I would really appreciate inputs from some network engineering experts (especially with gaming performance) that could provide some inputs on server performance, response, etc.  

I have also noticed several games were the Netduma ping is staying fairly consistent yet the in-game ping is much higher or spiking which correlates to in-game lag experienced.   I personally believe that the servers are having a difficult time handling either server loads or what I will call "exceptions".

Throughout the Netduma forums we have seen topics (including mine own experiences) from various lag spikes, speed issues, noise on lines, etc. that are caused from various issues - modem (i.e. EEE broadcom chip), bad cable connections/lines, ISP connections/issues, WIFI interference and countless others.  This means interruptions in time critical communications, delays, packet loss, etc.  This in turn causes the servers re-sync, re-send data, get confused (techical term here LOL) or just stop responding.  

I am sure many of us have worked in companies or been on server networks and see similar results.   For example, an issue somewhere else on the network is causing you email not to sync, unable to connect to the internet or it is taking a much longer time to access files.  High traffic to a web server that was not expected or taken into account when planning the server design that causes it to crash.  

These items above that I just described are the "exceptions" that I believe the severs (or peer systems) have difficulty handling.   These types of difficulties then result in slower/delayed server response.  I believe the in-game "ping monitoring" is actual a communication response time between us and the server.   That is why the Netduma ping can be fairly consistent while the game ping is more random and erratic. 

I believe that the Netduma lag compensation testing will yield some interesting information.   However, I believe that part of the bigger issue with lag spikes, certain serves, etc. are more contributed to the servers design, programming and ability to handle these "exceptions".  

Please note that while I do have a fairly broad technical background in a variety of technical fields (electrical, software, mechanical, systems engineering, information systems, metallurgical, physics, nuclear, etc.), I don't have a expertise in any of these.  This is only my opinion based upon my experiences.

I would really appreciate inputs from some network engineering experts (especially with gaming performance) that could provide some inputs on server performance, response, etc.  

i dont have lag issues with other online shooters cod is the only game where my shots dont register and i have alot of weird deaths 

Well said, my thought exactly. I've actually traded mine in and added cash for the Division, much better game imo. Shame as i had reached prestige 7.

As you said, they tweak it soo much, and ruined it.

Archived