I hate "Campers"...

DARK BAWGS

Let me start by saying that I rage as much as the next guy when I get killed by a “camper”.  I stealthily creep around a corner and get shot in the back by some little rat sitting tucked away behind a box!

Having said that I can only say that I am raging at myself for being caught unprepared.  Camping is part of the game and if it was not allowed then the game would be less realistic.  The game does have a way of mitigating the campers by “kicking” them for inactivity; which is a good thing. 

Although I was in the Canadian Army I had a friend that severed in Vietnam (yes I am from that era) although he didn’t like to discuss his experiences or time over there, he has confided in me, that yes, one of the biggest threats was the Cong digging in to a hiding spot and their job was to kill as many as they could before they got killed – it was a suicide mission; sound familiar?

If we want a “war like game” then we have to learn to accept camping as part of the scenario – like it or not!  Should the next iteration of the game be more “boots on the ground”, as we say we want, then be prepared – “campers” will abound!

I say again I hate “campers” and I get angry when little “Tommy Two Thumbs” kills me while doing so – but I now get frustrated with myself for being so careless, like it or not it is another dimension of the game that makes it more of a challenge.  Campers won’t dominate – theirs is a suicide mission!

Let’s embrace the game for its good and not so good points; we all complain about many aspects of the game but for better or worse, love or hate; it is the game we all play.  Talk about masochists!

Have a good day and annihilate the campers… :angry:

Everyone hates getting killed in a bullshit fashion.  Campers are just an extension of it.  

I randomly throw mines and shock charges in places with heavy traffic and when one goes off, all I hear in my head is El Presador screaming to "take the bullshit outta the game".....LOL

But I never chalk that up to a cheap ass kill on my sheet, that kill counts.  LOL

I firmly believe that YT helped sales, but permanently damaged the community.  If everyone wasn't concerned with K/D and dropping (10) Wraiths a map, we all might be a bit happier.

But the HIVE is great for campers, as is the War Machine (nods to UK_Wildcats)...... Ha ha - BOOM!

it's the fuckers with 2+ kd's and spms of like 150 that wind me up, all they do pitch up on a map and continually go back to 1 or 2 positions depending on the spawn  :angry:

i'm perfectly fine with it usually because once you've sussed them they are free points :D

While I have respect for Saken and Jimmy Dean youtubers, I believe that these types of videos are only promoting camping further.  

Our friends have developed a Domination strategy that works well with campers.  Most people know that map control is very important for Domination.   We quickly get control of the B flag.  We then push like crazy to then take their home flag before they can get rooted in their camping spots.  We then keep constantly flipping home flags (or hold all 3 flags).   This way the campers never get a chance to get into their spots.  If they try to root themselves deep in their spawns, we simply use war machines, nades, hives, tempest, heat waves, etc to get them out.  

There is deep satisfaction is hearing campers RAGE after the game because we would not let them camp.  LOL

My thoughts on how you game, well you paid for the game , if you want to jump off the side of the map and see how many times you can kill yourself before the time runs out so be it. You paid to do it. As for camping I'm still gonna do it. Not usually the same spot but if your gonna keep rushing me well I'm not gonna move, it easy points. I'd prefer to run around but its all what the game at the time calls for for me. I do hate a dude sitting in a corner with a shotgun tho. and there are plenty of them.

While I have respect for Saken and Jimmy Dean youtubers, I believe that these types of videos are only promoting camping further.  

Our friends have developed a Domination strategy that works well with campers.  Most people know that map control is very important for Domination.   We quickly get control of the B flag.  We then push like crazy to then take their home flag before they can get rooted in their camping spots.  We then keep constantly flipping home flags (or hold all 3 flags).   This way the campers never get a chance to get into their spots.  If they try to root themselves deep in their spawns, we simply use war machines, nades, hives, tempest, heat waves, etc to get them out.  

There is deep satisfaction is hearing campers RAGE after the game because we would not let them camp.  LOL

There is also satisfaction in getting hate mail from the rusher who couldn't rush me. Same as the other way. But camping also gives you some good ideas on how some rushers flush out campers and some of you are pretty creative

Archived