Speed test with netduma

Hi there, I am currently paying and receiving 120mbps and 10 upload thru my ISP. When I do my connection speed test thru speediest.net and other websites directly from my modem to laptop I get the speed I am paying for. When I do these same tests wired thru netduma router I get around 30mbps and 5 upload. Why do I get significant low speed with netduma? I have an old linksys router and when I do speed test thru that router I get the 120 and 10 upload, just not with netduma. Is There any setting I need to change. Please help !

Hi

Have you got the congestion control set to 100% on ul/DL. In your device priority have you got the devices at 100% I.e. a laptop if you are doing the speed test that, or a PC.

Don't do a speed test through the console as they are always way out

I had a similar issue a while back and it was because I had forgotten to put my laptop at 100% and realised I was throttling my bandwith!

Hopefully this is a similar issue and can be resolved :)

Hi nothing should be wrong with the laptop if it is showing correct speed with another router just not netduma. I am currently on 1.03.5 would that make any difference?

Not saying it's the issue but would definitely upgrade to the latest firmware.Always try to stay on the most up to date firmware

Well i did that and still when i am gaming it shows 3 bar. When i eliminate netduma and play directly from

Modem to ps4 its flawless. It has to be netduma. I had put in the intial setting like netduma recommended, but nothing. I just want this to work ugh, please help. Thank you

• Administrators

Well i did that and still when i am gaming it shows 3 bar. When i eliminate netduma and play directly from

Modem to ps4 its flawless. It has to be netduma. I had put in the intial setting like netduma recommended, but nothing. I just want this to work ugh, please help. Thank you

Have you followed the speed guide as above?

If not:

• Put 200/200 in bandwidth settings
  • Allow it to auto setup
  • Put in your correct speeds
  • Don't allow it to auto setup
  • Do a wired speed test.

Post screenshots from here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructionsand we can best advise on the lag issue.

• Administrators

Try a normal speedtest.net test and see if it is the same.

Your base ping is averaging 28 with slight jitter so you won't be able to get a game ping under this. We can't see your CC or Geo-filter with a typical game ping so unable to correctly advise there but make sure anti-flood is set to 70/70, put console in hyper-traffic. What is your Geo radius set to and PA limit? What is the ping to a typical game? If you can provide more screenshots relating to these I can help further.

Archived