IW>3ARC

procreate

im sick of these 3arc releases... they are horrible in their coding and backed up by others measuring their lag. its time COD players stand up and say enough to the bullshit of poor programming that is 3arc [and SHG]. i have tried to play their games and its horrible. i didnt buy BO3 which is the first COD i didnt buy and the second season pass i didnt buy in a row. we need to stand up and boycott their crappy coding and say we give a fuck about how it plays. right now its the whores asshole, but IW seems to always get it better [except mw3 which worked better on a loaded network], but COD4, MW2, Ghosts.

i tried to play BO2 tonight hosting on the R1 and it was the shittiest experience i have ever had playing COD. fuck david voderhaar. what a douche. piss poor programmer. proven by testing.

that is all.

I can understand the anger, the passion, I rage more playing SHG and 3arc COD's than IW, but I still rage playing IW's COD's also.

There are a few stances we as gamers can take:

1. Abandon COD and play Battlefield or Halo

2. Research in making the Netduma R1 a better experience for COD (BO3) and believe me it's it there.

3. Don't play BO3, BO2 or BO1 (i.e. Abandon anything 3arc)

4. Play Ghosts, MW3, MW2, MW1.

We know Activision is the real problem here, they will not allow any of the 3 in house developers they own to work on starting a new ground up engine for Call of Duty, it's the way it is.

Agreed with Legit's point 1 and 2, but truthfully the gaming masses do not seem ready to give up the addiction and likely wont do so unless one of the competitors succeed in creating a better alternative COD-like experience.  Battlefield may already be a better experience in some ways, but it does not seem to produce the addictive formula that COD has achieved in order to maintain its base.

So the real focus should be on focusing on development of the R1, as I KNOW that it is possible to consistently counteract and tilt the flaws in the COD code (matchmaking, network code, etc.) in your favor.  Hopefully the upcoming R1 lag comp experiments will provide some fruitful data which will lead to further development of counteractive algorithms and configurations. Fingers crossed....

That said, I largely disagree, as I MUCH prefer the 3arch games.  BO1 is my favorite COD, and I enjoyed BO2 as well, despite the absurd built in engine delays.  I even think BO3 has great long term potential. Generally, I prefer the game design in 3arch titles, even though their netcodes seem to suffer more.  The last IW game I enjoyed was MW2 (one of the best in the series without question, but also quite broken - One man army noob tubes, javelin glitch, supply drop glitch, etc, etc.).  MW3 was terrible to me and had the most egregious lag compensation in the series which gave unquestioned advantage to broken connections resulting in consistent player manipulation, and Ghost is widely considered one of the worst.   So to each its own I guess

im sick of these 3arc releases... they are horrible in their coding and backed up by others measuring their lag. its time COD players stand up and say enough to the bullshit of poor programming that is 3arc [and SHG]. i have tried to play their games and its horrible. i didnt buy BO3 which is the first COD i didnt buy and the second season pass i didnt buy in a row. we need to stand up and boycott their crappy coding and say we give a fuck about how it plays. right now its the whores asshole, but IW seems to always get it better [except mw3 which worked better on a loaded network], but COD4, MW2, Ghosts.

i tried to play BO2 tonight hosting on the R1 and it was the shittiest experience i have ever had playing COD. fuck david voderhaar. what a douche. piss poor programmer. proven by testing.

that is all.

Get gud, scrub :P

On a more serious and positive note... 

Do you play any other games than CoD?

If you're not having fun, then try something else. I play different types of games and not just shooters, or console-only. I have a high-end gaming PC, so I also play racing games, puzzle games, indie games, narrative-driven games, space exploration & combat games, various simulators, etc. I strongly believe diversity should be part of any hardcore gamer's regiment if it's one of your main hobbies.

CoD is addictive, but it's not a very complex game to play... Which is why it is so addictive, ironically. As game enthusiasts and older adults, I believe we need to always be learning and open to new things when it comes to the games we play and how (technology / software) we play them. Limiting ourselves to just one genre, or title is not healthy in the long-run and can skew both our perspective on the industry as well as shape our personalities & opinions outside gaming, good and bad.

I have to second JConnor's comments. Sometimes you gotta know when to hold-em and know when to fold-em.  As far as game mechanics and movement fluidity are measured...no game comes close to Titanfall.  Yes you still get into lobbies that have their share of 1 bars and you get some crappy dedi's, but the game itself is coded amazingly.  I haven't been able to understand why it's been so overlooked by the gaming community.  As a player of both titles, it just makes no sense.

I understand Procreate's frustration... Even if he didn't express it in an appropriate manner.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I (used to) love CoD because it was an easy to pick up and play, but hard to master-type game... Especially the early ones where we didn't have 20 perks, 30 kill streaks, etc. You had to pick and choose what you were going to focus on and then adjust your play style to suit that build. Now, regardless of advanced vertical movement, CoD is nothing but a twitch reflex shooter meant for people hopped up on Redbull and Adderal. There is nothing wrong with that... IF you are new to the series and / or 12-20-years old with the reflexes for that kind of game play. On the flip side, a lot of us have grown up -- physically and mentally -- Since the original CoD was released, and for some of us that means we *lost* some of those cat-like reflexes as a result of natural aging and putting our focus on more important (real life) matters e.g. families, career, etc. So, in an indirect way, CoD is no longer "for us" in this regard.

On top of this, the way the games industry itself is evolving has... What I consider... A negative impact on the CoD franchise, too.

The original CoD and the MW games that people love were released at a time where Micro DLC and DLC overload hadn't taken hold, yet. So, we could accept things like map packs because they added more to the core game... The very thing an expansion pack should do. Now, we are overloaded with micro DLCs and even separate versions of the game (e.g. The MP Starter Pack) because it's all about money and not about releasing a quality product. CoD is a victim of it's own success because Activision saw what happened when MW2 dropped and decided to exploit the rest of the series with the above mentioned DLC overload to the point CoD has become a running joke in social circles, online and off.

This is something to be legitimately mad about because it's happening not just to CoD, but any major franchise that becomes popular, unfortunately. So, I support the frustration and disappointment of how CoD has been treated by Activision as well as where the games industry seems to be headed as a whole, right or wrong.

On a positive note, this also means there are a lot more choices we have as gamers and consumers. I'm not just talking about indie games, but kickstarters and game devs breaking away from AAA publishers and making games *they* want to play, or used to play when they were young as well e.g. The Battalion was inspired by the original Medal of Honor series and hopes to give fans a quality online WWII experience similar to World at War and previous games in the forgotten genre. 

no, i think it is quite appropriate, language and all [internet is FULL of stuff far worse than my OP, so grow up!]. 3arc is a TRASH dev. [sHG is following in their footsteps]. i have loads of fun playing IW releases, though am a bit worried activision is going to push them into screwing up their release with this stupid futuristic stuff.

i am fairly good at CoD, but that night i was getting killed as soon as i spawned in, once didnt even spawn in for a second... that was the final time i spawned in and turned off the xbox. my reflexes havent slowed down at all, in fact i am probably more in tune now than ever. its what causes the rage as KNOW i have the drop on someone... but when i start dying from a person that isnt even in my sight yet, i know its not me but the game engine.

there really isnt much other games i have been interested in. especially multiplayer. i played titanfall but was just too poor execution in the loadouts and those cards were annoying. and the AI, and the titans themselves. pilot v pilot was great until games became fully unavailable.

ive been playing video games since arcades... then atari2600 until now. i dont have to legitimize myself as being a gamer [and its not my main hobby], but i do have higher standards for gameplay than some companies have been delivering [and apparently some gamers themselves]. i can be a broken record about it because they keep making the same mistakes. they fix it all, i no longer have complain. even this forum is filled with threads of complaints of lag and other issues with it.

Archived