Unable to Resolve DNS Errors

I've recently changed my ISP and upgraded to gigabit fibre.

My new ISP issued me this router: http://www.accton.com/temp/ec_download/739/KGT10-V2_Datasheet_R01_0123.pdf

I have no problem accessing the Netduma interface, surfing the web as well as gaming on my previous ISP with the Netduma.

I have also updated my internet speeds on the Netduma to 999Mbps for download and 500Mbps for upload.

Other than that, nothing else has changed. My setup remains as ISP->Netduma->Mac and I am wired to the Netduma.

I am using DHCP.

Problem now is that I can't access the internet, but I can access the Netduma interface.

Under Device Manager tab, there isn't any IP after WAN IP.

Things I have tried:

1. Changing the DNS manually under the LAN tab to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but it still doesn't work.

2. Power cycling both the new modem and Netduma multiple times.

Could it simply be that the Netduma doesn't play well with the new modem?

Make sure the Ethernet cables are tight into the LAN connectors (maybe try a new cable)

Turn of both devices, for 5 minutes, turn on the modem let it full boot so wait a minute or two, the boot the Netduma and recheck for a WAN IP in the Netduma's device manager.

Hey, thanks for all the replies.

So I called my ISP up and told em what's up, apparently they needed to lock the mac address of the Netduma to my account. Not sure what it meant as it sounded too technical. Haha. But it's all fixed now.

Anyway, feel free to close this thread.

Edit: On a side note, I am unable to hit anywhere near 800-900mbps whenever I do a speedtest. I am on the latest firmware and let the router auto-handle my speeds. Any suggestions?

Read the wiki for how to get max speeds,should get you sorted out but in all honesty I would make a new thread as it's a different subject and you'll get more eyes on it.

• Administrators

Hey, thanks for all the replies.

So I called my ISP up and told em what's up, apparently they needed to lock the mac address of the Netduma to my account. Not sure what it meant as it sounded too technical. Haha. But it's all fixed now.

Anyway, feel free to close this thread.

Edit: On a side note, I am unable to hit anywhere near 800-900mbps whenever I do a speedtest. I am on the latest firmware and let the router auto-handle my speeds. Any suggestions?

Great news! As Fuzzy says if you post another thread we can help out there. I'll close this one.

Archived