lag is the same with netduma

Hi guys just got my r1 and been using it for 6 hours . The lag I'm getting is the same as it was with out the r1.I have sky fiber 40/10 my set up is openreach modem to sky hub Sr-101 to r1. I have Dmz enable on the sky hub for the r1 and have open Nat my geo filter is covering the UK and ping graph shows pings to hosts at 8ms to 30ms .but I'm still seeing the lag issues I had before the r1.I shoot 5 or 6 rounds but kill cam shows me standing there like a lemon not firing a single shot and it takes only 2 shots to kill me and half a clip to kill them .I've tried all the settings in different variations and it don't make any difference plz help 

First things first we need to see how your sky connection is to rule out that you dont have any latency issues.

Could you do a test from the duma by pressing Internet Diagnostics and copy the results here please.

Thanks.

Also everyone has been seeing problems with AW lately its been really crummy, a lot of bad dedicated servers.

As Zennon said, an Internet diagnostics would be good. Then we can advise further.

However if you just got the router don't forget to upgrade to v1.02.7 in the news section. You'll need that version to access the test and the latest cloud settings etc.

I have played this morning and am finding hard i must say, maybe my settings are wrong but its like the Duma is not doing its thing the games are bad and hit markers are rife. Below are some screenies of my settings just incase i have something set wrong.

Host Filtering:

8dde733cc2.jpg

Congestion Control:

d82680745a.jpg

Miscellaneous Settings:

99968cb051.jpg

Internet Diagnostics:

b689adda4c.jpg

I would say your ping is to high  with 50 you are going right to the bottom of Europe as you will be able to ping down there at that speed no problem.

You have to remember its not to find matches up to that within the geo its to find matches out side at that ping time.

If you want to stay in the uk only 566k and 0 ping will keep you there but it might take a while to find a game as Loads including myself has bailed on it.

I've actually been enjoying AW the last few days even with clan wars going on. I rarely get better then 40ms ping to the ded I connect with the most but still shows three or four bars in game. Hit detection has been spot on for around 90% of games. I did change my cc settings to reactive yesterday and almost got an DNA bomb on one of my first games in Sideshow, keep in mind I'm not a great player either.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I have played this morning and am finding hard i must say, maybe my settings are wrong but its like the Duma is not doing its thing the games are bad and hit markers are rife. Below are some screenies of my settings just incase i have something set wrong.

Host Filtering:

8dde733cc2.jpg

Congestion Control:

d82680745a.jpg

Miscellaneous Settings:

99968cb051.jpg

Internet Diagnostics:

b689adda4c.jpg

Id say your Geo-filter radius is quite small, Id recommend around 1000km :)

but I'm still seeing the lag issues I had before the r1.I shoot 5 or 6 rounds but kill cam shows me standing there like a lemon not firing a single shot and it takes only 2 shots to kill me and half a clip to kill them .I've tried all the settings in different variations and it don't make any difference plz help 

Hi that isnt lag issues at all, firstly the killcam is not a replay or even anything that can be used forensically to diagnose your connection, its just a fun feature that the game provides based off of raw data from the host.

These types of situations come about due to the difference in latency between players and the fact what you see on your screen is a unique gamestate all what happened is you shot at a player with a much higher ping than you its unavoidable in cod or any online game im afraid

I have the congestion controller set up 80% for ps4 but even when I'm in the house on my own it lags

So what your saying is the r1 will not help at all for me it's the same for me with out it so it wasn't worth me buying it

Guest Netduma Fraser

Scooby im in chat now if you would like to join and ill make sure everything is set up correctly.

Adam was pointing out that kill cams are wrong most of the time they are just there for fun and can not be used to diagnose lag.

The r1 is deffo worth having set up right there is no substitute, its the best router for gaming i have ever owned.

I have the congestion controller set up 80% for ps4 but even when I'm in the house on my own it lags

So what your saying is the r1 will not help at all for me it's the same for me with out it so it wasn't worth me buying it

Hi,

Thats not what i was saying , I was just making you aware that killcams are not replays, and what you described was not lag its just the visual side affect of getting into a engagement with a player who IS lagging.

The r1 will improve your connection what it can't do though is effect other players in your session ( mostly as this would be cheating).

your ping to the host due to the R1 geo-filter is much better than the ping of the other clients, therefore you suffer from lag compensation

my guess at least

Archived