XBox One NA Servers

Boons

Greetings everyone,

I have only had my duma for a few days and have a couple questions.  I live in central NA and have been struggling to find good connections to games on the X1.  I have no issues finding games on our ps4 as we set the geo filter to connect to the seattle server as it gives us the best ping. Just would like a couple of suggestions of which servers to try, the X1 must not have a server in seattle.

Xb1 definitely has a server in Seattle, though I'm in NY and can't say Im a fan of that one..lol  But there are servers in Texas, Illinois, and the Kansas area, all of which I would think would be low pings for you.  Click "show dormant hosts" in the geo filter before the game starts, untick the enable button so that the filter is not activated (you just need to activate it before you start searching for games in the lobby),  then as BO3 is loading up, watch the geo filter and you should see all of the NA servers light up 

I see the seattle server light up when the geo filter is scanning for a game and then the red circle disappears and continues to search.  I left it on for about half an hour yesterday but would not connect to it.  I put my home location right next to where the server is with 0 ping assist.  

Call of Duty used to play in the same server locations on both Xbox and Playstation.  That changed sometime mid-Advanced Warfare when CoD went to Microsoft Azure servers on the Xbox One, while it still plays on the same Activision servers PS4.  Microsoft is located in Seattle and Activision does have a server there for PS4, but currently there are no Azure servers in that area for the Xbox.  What you are probably seeing is the Activision server that you're not connecting to.  

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/          <---  there is a list of the Microsoft Azure server regions and where they are located and a few that are announced to come for all 

that are having trouble finding Microsoft servers since the change.  Hope that helps.

bops3

Edit: Since the last big cloud update we got .....

I no longer see the server in Kansas, and it used to be my default 100% er... Now my default is the one in what appears to be Virgnia somewhere.

Can somebody confirm locations for xbox and ps4?

I see 12 dedis when I fire up black-ops 3 on the xbox1. 5 out of those 12 I can get into. Seattle / one in California / Texas/ Iowa / Virginia.

Try and set your pin in central OH and expand your bubble just enough to catch the KC server. It's been the best server for me and I live in WNY. Seattle is evil for Xbox One for me.

One of my friends lives in TX and he gets great connections to the server there. I set my PA to zero by the way.

So I see two of you talking about a Kansas server on xbox1. I repeat, I don't have that. Why?   I'm on latest firmware and cloud and bleeding edge are always ticked. I reboot the router a zillion times a day etc...  Started right after the cloud update we got right before this latest firmware came out iirc. Kansas disappeared and one popped up in VA.

Not making any sense to me.....

So I see two of you talking about a Kansas server on xbox1. I repeat, I don't have that. Why?   I'm on latest firmware and cloud and bleeding edge are always ticked. I reboot the router a zillion times a day etc...  Started right after the cloud update we got right before this latest firmware came out iirc. Kansas disappeared and one popped up in VA.

Not making any sense to me.....

There never was a Kansas server.  Before the Azure servers were put correctly on the map everything was being relocated incorrectly to Kansas.  It just took the team a while to get everything straightened out. 

Call of Duty used to play in the same server locations on both Xbox and Playstation.  That changed sometime mid-Advanced Warfare when CoD went to Microsoft Azure servers on the Xbox One, while it still plays on the same Activision servers PS4.  Microsoft is located in Seattle and Activision does have a server there for PS4, but currently there are no Azure servers in that area for the Xbox.  What you are probably seeing is the Activision server that you're not connecting to.  

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/          <---  there is a list of the Microsoft Azure server regions and where they are located and a few that are announced to come for all 

that are having trouble finding Microsoft servers since the change.  Hope that helps.

There is definitely a game server that shows in Seattle, as I have played on it many times.  It could be mislocated as the Kansas servers were (I now connect to Virginia 90 percent of the time as I used to connect to the servers showing in Kansas.  I presume they have been correctly relocated in the geofilter), but there is definitely one still there on the geofilter.  I see a bunch of the servers when the game boots up, and it looks like more than the 6 azure servers listed, though I rarely connect anywhere but Virginia now.  

Is there a chance that a combination of Azure and Activision servers are being used on XB1?

Archived