Cable Modem to Netgear Nighthawk r7000 to Netduma to Ps4

Need help setting up two routers to Cable Modem.  I want to use My Netgear Nighthawk r7000 as main router(wireless).  I would like to use the netduma for my Ps4 on Lan.  I do not want to use the netduma for wireless access.

I have the below devices that are setup for Hardwire(Lan)

Apple TV

Nvidia Sheild

Direct Tv

PC

How would I go about wiring and configuring both routers.  Also, would I still be able to use 3 lan ports from both routers, giving me 6 lan ports in total? (really 8)

I am adding some security cameras to my house so I need more lan ports.  

have the same components. my setup:

ISP -> Netduma -> R7000 in AP mode so i can still use the AC

-> PS4

-> device xy

-> if needed -> switch to expand ports so you can add more devices

turn of WiFi in Netduma

hope this helps

have the same components. my setup:

ISP -> Netduma -> R7000 in AP mode so i can still use the AC

-> PS4

-> device xy

-> if needed -> switch to expand ports so you can add more devices

turn of WiFi in Netduma

hope this helps

Im not super Tech savy...........

AC?

So you are using the netduma as the main router?

How are you wiring the routers?

ISP to Internet input port on R7000. R7000 out from lan port, to Internet input port on netduma?

Im not super Tech savy...........

AC?

So you are using the netduma as the main router?

How are you wiring the routers?

ISP to Internet input port on R7000. R7000 out from lan port, to Internet input port on netduma?

He means AC on your Nighthawk (it's a great wireless mode compared to N,G etc) 

And I have a netgear in my setup as follows > modem >duma >netgear in AP mode so you still get the 5g speeds your looking for.But if your gonna use this set up just be sure to disable the 2.4 wifi on the netgear as if will cause interference with the 2.4g on the duma,you can only use one.

And you need to have the duma before the Nighthawk in your set up if you want all the features the duma can provide.

This is just my set up and a lot of other peoples but feel free to set it up however you want.

He means AC on your Nighthawk (it's a great wireless mode compared to N,G etc) 

And I have a netgear in my setup as follows > modem >duma >netgear in AP mode so you still get the 5g speeds your looking for.But if your gonna use this set up just be sure to disable the 2.4 wifi on the netgear as if will cause interference with the 2.4g on the duma,you can only use one.

And you need to have the duma before the Nighthawk in your set up if you want all the features the duma can provide.

This is just my set up and a lot of other peoples but feel free to set it up however you want.

Thanks

AP mode?

I will go this route like your setup. Modem>Netduma>netgear.

So help me to understand.... you are using both routers for wifi? Duma for 2.4 and netgear for 5ghz?

Are you able to use all lan ports from both routers with no problems?

What configuration do I need to do on both routers to get the most out of network?

Thanks again

AP mode = you turn your router to an Access Point. No routing functions.

make sure you TURN OFF the Netdumas 2.4 WiFi. so basicly your duma is the main core for the internet traffic, but you use the R7000 as WiFi

let me know if it works

make sure you TURN OFF the Netdumas 2.4 WiFi. so basicly your duma is the main core for the internet traffic, but you use the R7000 as WiFi

let me know if it works[/quote ]Thanks

let me know if it works[/quote ]Thanks

Works great. Thanks again

Is your end device (notebook, tablet, whatever) you connect via WIFI AC capable? Maybe just b/g/n?

What's the distance from the R7000 to the device when in WIFI?

End device is cellphone. Distance is 10-15 feet away from router. When I first set everything up i was getting same speed from wired pc as mentioned earlier. From cellphone I was getting 100mbs down and 6mbs up. Now it dropped to the 20 mbs down and 6mbs up as mentioned.

I connect cell via 5 ghz and 2.4ghz still same speeds (20's down).

Could the duma be blocking the r7000 from full speeds?

Ps4 has static ip (wired to duma)

Cell has static ip (wifi on 5ghz now thru r7000)

Security system does not have static ip

Pc wired, does not have static ip

Nvidia shield wired, does not have static ip

I tried rebooting the r7000, but same speeds.

AC capible? Not sure what AC is.

Pretty weird. I just ran another speed test via cell now speeds are 130mbs down and 6mbs up. Not sure why it was lower before.

Does static ip help at all with anything? Also how do I get into the R7000 to configure anything if needed, now that it's in AP mode.

I didn't set a static IP on r7000. Should I?

Thanks for all your help and patience.

Do you have both wireless networks 2.4 g and 5G passwords in your phone? If you do, then you probably also have your phone set to switch between wireless networks based on signal strength. Maybe the slower test was your phone connected to 2.4g, and in the test with faster results your phone was connected to 5g?

Also download netgear's wifi analyzer app for your phone. Mess around with it for a while. You can see what other wireless networks are in your immediate area and make sure your wifi channels are set to the ones with the least interference. It makes a difference.

agree with major masingil

could be some saved settings.

i would recommend setting up the WiFi new with new names, new passwords and make sure all saved WiFi settings on your phone are deleted.

it's like in 80% of Windows problems. a reboot or a fresh setup will solve it  :D

agree with major masingil

could be some saved settings.

i would recommend setting up the WiFi new with new names, new passwords and make sure all saved WiFi settings on your phone are deleted.

it's like in 80% of Windows problems. a reboot or a fresh setup will solve it  :D

I have done all of the above, will continue to test. Seems like it's not consistent on wifi, but strong wired.

What device are you connecting?

Can you get a good notebook from a friend or so and run some network tools to meausure?

Maybe its an issue with your device you're trying now....

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6+edge that I have check the WiFi speeds with. It's still up n down. May be the r7000.

do you have QoS enabled or disabled? http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23852/~/how-do-i-enable-upstream-quality-of-service-(qos)-to-optimize-gaming-on-my

what about WMM http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23851/~/what-is-wi-fi-multimedia-quality-of-service-and-how-do-i-enable-it-on-my

play arround with this settings and see if you get better results...[/quot

Not sure if they are enabled or not. With the r7000 being in AP mode,how can I get into it to make changes.

How can enabling or disabling WMM or QOS get better results?

Archived