4 green bars, low ping, perfect settings, terrible hitmarkers!!

zombitroid

I consistently get a great ping, yet I just cannot get good hit detection. I just had an incident where I was aiming at a doorway and when the enemy came through I blasted him as quickly as I could but I still died instantly. It was very clear that I should have won the gun fight by a longgggg shot yet I still died. It was so annoying, I wish I had recorded it. This is just getting ridiculous. Top of the notch equipment yet gaming is just not working out for me. I hope Im not the only one. There was a guy on youtube who had the same problem of having a 20 ms ping with laggy games.

geo filter set to my location at a 800 mile radius.

PA 26ms.

CC 65% down 65% up

Device prioritization all set to equal values with share excess ticked. 

VPN disabled

MISC all that I have ticked in this section is the cookies, the wifi workaround, and stealth mode. Bleeding edge cloud enabled.

IPV6 disabled.

OPEN NAT always.

Wired 18 ms ping internet connection with 17Mbps download and 0.71 upload.

Should I just start playing games where ping isnt such a big deal like racing games or world of tanks? I mean this just isnt working for me, and theres no hope of it ever getting better, even with equipment such as the netduma. Even with excellent pings it is still a laggy game. You all know what im talking about. Shoot first die first. Try harder die harder. It is very annoying. I cant wait until the internet works at the speed of light.

thanks for reading

Sounds like lag compensation. Drift0r did a video on it a while back and I watched it the other day and got a bit more of a understanding of the whole "shoot first die first"

a lot of people on here have been talking about how bad hitmarkers are in Black Ops 3, I myself don't really notice it (maybe I don't look out for it, maybe I just don't get hitmarkers bad. I don't expect stuff to happen when I play though) the game kind of does as it pleases and I have to accept that.

I feel like big youtubers are the only ones that get good hit detection.

yep, you watch TheMarkofJ and wonder what he does to get the hit detection he does but that guy is just freakishly good at the game.

But I guess if you're getting a lot of hitmarkers then aim isn't the issue.

I find if I look into the game too much though and try to look at whats most annoying I begin to hate the game, happens from time to time but it is "just a game"

Unfortunately I don't really think there's a trick to stop it though (unless you play hardcore). Lag compensation has been in the game for a while.

Do you play on dedicated servers or P2P most?

You say something that is true. look at theMarkofJ. He is reaaly good. What are his products to game so good? He uploads so many games and sometimes he gets like 9 bullets and still lives? How does he get that connection always?

I play hardcore and only 6v6 so that's one point, but his connection? And TBNRfrags LOST his connection... He was dominating pc cod but went to console due to gameplay... +1000000 viewers.... Hahaha he needs the Netduma 4 sure..... Wining all day long .... 

Mama how is it possible???  :)

A few points:

First, because of the way COD processes delay, movement, synchronization, and lag compensation, the advantage usually goes to the person moving in and out of cover, doorways, etc.  Thats why a stationary player aiming down sights at a doorway will often get killed by the rusher blazing in through that doorway.  So general tip, be the one on the move and you will have the advantage more often.

Second, not sure if you are playing wireless, but that can cause serious spikes, even momentary ones that can cause a lot of wtf moments.  Try wired where possible.  This is particularly true given your very low upload speed, which is enough to play games, but limited enough to perhaps cause congestion in your network, bottlenecks in your traffic, ping spikes, etc. ALL very bad in FPS games

Shoot first die first is just annoying as hell, and more common than it should be unfortunately.  Part of COD unfortunately.  But some of these tips may improve your experience.  I incorporate expectation of lag and lag comp into my playstyle as I always try to be unpredictable in my movement, take corners first, create angle advantages, use thrust effectively, and avoid straight on gun fights where possible.  Can't lose a fight when I'm shooting someone in the ass..lol.  I'm a strategic rusher and a flanker to the tune of a 4kd, so it can work.  Good luck

Lastly, and perhaps a shot in the dark, try lowering your MTU.   Theres speculation as to why it may or may not work, with some arguing that it is placebo, but what do you have to lose.  Most default router configs use 1500 mtu, try 1464 as a start and see if you notice any differences.  Report back.  Good luck

yep, you watch TheMarkofJ and wonder what he does to get the hit detection he does but that guy is just freakishly good at the game.

But I guess if you're getting a lot of hitmarkers then aim isn't the issue.

I find if I look into the game too much though and try to look at whats most annoying I begin to hate the game, happens from time to time but it is "just a game"

Unfortunately I don't really think there's a trick to stop it though (unless you play hardcore). Lag compensation has been in the game for a while.

Do you play on dedicated servers or P2P most?

dedis

try stay away from dedis for a bit, temp ban them if you need to or just put your geo filter out of range.

It helps to have games where you have a chance at pulling host or connecting with people in your area. Just a thought!

ah thank you i appreciate that. I'll give it a shot. I generally get good dedis as I said 20-40 ms pings but I will admit I hardly ever get peer hosted games.. i'll see what happens!

If you're getting a great ping like that then then the duma is doing everything it can. If it's not playing well it's likely the game itself as your shouldn't have any lag/delays on 20ms

yea I'm getting the feeling its either the game or some other factor that none of us are considering.. :(

I wonder if it is my upload speed. After all the whole problem is bad hit detection. And im assuming hit registration is effected by how fast you can send information to the internet. Its effected by download not upload.

So a low upload speed like mine might not be quite enough to send the information (or hit registration) fast enough to the server, and that is causing the delay between when I shoot and when I actually get a hitmarker. Just a thought. what do you guys think?

ah thank you i appreciate that. I'll give it a shot. I generally get good dedis as I said 20-40 ms pings but I will admit I hardly ever get peer hosted games.. i'll see what happens!

you'll find that finding games takes a lot longer though as a trade off from going away from dedis. The only problem with P2P is that it seems BO3 are horrific at picking a decent host so say 1/5 games might be poop connection wise but I'd rather that than dedis throwing me into games that are like half way through all the time.

Zombitroid didn't upgrade to the new software yet, so I believe he is in the process of doing that now.  Once he adds Hyper Lane, he is going to rerun some of his tests and this thread may move down the list.

• Administrators

yea I'm getting the feeling its either the game or some other factor that none of us are considering.. :(

I wonder if it is my upload speed. After all the whole problem is bad hit detection. And im assuming hit registration is effected by how fast you can send information to the internet. Its effected by download not upload.

So a low upload speed like mine might not be quite enough to send the information (or hit registration) fast enough to the server, and that is causing the delay between when I shoot and when I actually get a hitmarker. Just a thought. what do you guys think?

Games don't use much bandwidth at all so your upload is enough for the game. 

Let us know how you get on with the new upgrade.

Archived