Hyperlane test

II N3MES1S II

Alright so I got to test out the hyperlane while uploading a 1 hour video with elgato.

The hyperlane didn't skip a beat and I was impressed. 

Now I just have to figure out why elgato is not uploading to YT.

Alright so I got to test out the hyperlane while uploading a 1 hour video with elgato.

The hyperlane didn't skip a beat and I was impressed. 

Now I just have to figure out why elgato is not uploading to YT.

If I read that correctly, you had the console in hyperlane and was recording your game play with the elgato on your computer at the same time as you were playing. Is this correct?    

LOL - This power of the written word.

I read this as he was:

1) gaming with Hyper Lane, and then

2) also uploading a video to his YT channel outside of the Hyper Lane.

If this is the case, this would be a great test.  

Yes I was playing in hyperlane while my laptop not in hyperlane was running egato and upoading at the same time.

Ding, ding, ding - Chicken Dinner.

Cool.  That is an excellent test for the new Hyper Lane.  

Ok found out why elgato wasnt uploading correctly sorta

But the main reason for the update on hyperlane for me.

I was able to upload a video this time but there was huge ping spikes 200+ms and going up and down the whole time and I had 3 bars but it played rather smooth.

Shouldnt the ping for my console be untouched?

I had a house full this weekend.  There were about 8 devices on wifi.  Laptop, Verizon Network Extender and PS4 wired to Netduma.   PS4 in hyper lane.   With all the devices active and on the internet, laptop streaming Pandora there was NO noticeable lag on the PS4 playing BO3. I have TWC 50/5 bandwidth.  

• 3 weeks later...

Alright still testing (xbox) in hyperlane while uploading with elgato and it seems the gameplay is kinda smooth but there is huge ping spikes and every now and then lag in game.

If anyone has an elgato and can test hyperlane with it please do and let us know how it works for you.

At first I thought it was working flawlessly but it ended up being a fluke and the high pings don't go away.

Those ping spikes could be anything e.g. the servers on YT taking a dump; your ISP being over saturated during peak hours, etc.

And of course, there is always the game itself since we all know BO3 is a piece of shite...

If I remember correctly your ping should be pretty much untouched when using hyper lane, since everything in hyper lane goes in/out first.

So I shouldn't be noticing any ping spikes.

• Administrators

If I remember correctly your ping should be pretty much untouched when using hyper lane, since everything in hyper lane goes in/out first.

So I shouldn't be noticing any ping spikes.

I think what J is referring to is that the spikes could be caused by the game itself, your line etc.

Still encountering the issue?

I think what J is referring to is that the spikes could be caused by the game itself, your line etc.

Still encountering the issue?

Yea my line is pretty good and I never ever noticed issues regarding time of day.

When I game no one is home and my ping stays the same everyday day in and day out 34-55ms.

This is only happening when I'm trying to upload while playing.

I tried it before netduma got the hyperlane update and it was terrible but it seems a little better I want to say but it still has some lag.

I shouldn't notice anything changing when using hyperlane. I guess the first time was a fluke since it didnt upload on YT server and had zero ping effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, lots of things going on over here but my C.C. is set up like this.

upload: xbox = 60% and laptop = 39%

download: xbox =90% laptop = 5%

xbox in hyperlane and laptop is not.

• Administrators

Sorry for the delay, lots of things going on over here but my C.C. is set up like this.

upload: xbox = 60% and laptop = 39%

download: xbox =90% laptop = 5%

xbox in hyperlane and laptop is not.

What about anti-flood?

Reset device distribution, does the issue resolve itself?

Okay, I reset the C.C. and had everything even and it still had the same issue, then I swapped my previous setup and gave my laptop 60% upload.

That didn't work either, seems the upload fails and times out elgato says.

So as of right now I can't even upload while gaming, maybe I can try again today and just upload without gaming at the same time.

I do have to mention that the game is pretty much playable but if you look at the ingame ping, it is all over the place, netduma ping monitor is too.

Don't know what has to be done so that the games ping is untouched while uploading with elgato.

• 2 weeks later...

I will mess with it today and report back. I set everything back to the way I had it setup, to reflect DSLreports.

Setting to 70%/70% will probably increase BB but I will try it for fun and see.

Archived