Hyperlane test

II N3MES1S II

As of right now I am still having problems with uploading with elgato, even completely by itself without testing my console in hyperlane.

So I can not do any tests with it right now until I can get the elgato to upload without issues.

(Side note) Even though I always untick kilometers, show dormant hosts and show legend it always reverts back to being ticked.

I also have been ticking low resolution map and it always reverts and unticks.

• Administrators

As of right now I am still having problems with uploading with elgato, even completely by itself without testing my console in hyperlane.

So I can not do any tests with it right now until I can get the elgato to upload without issues.

(Side note) Even though I always untick kilometers, show dormant hosts and show legend it always reverts back to being ticked.

I also have been ticking low resolution map and it always reverts and unticks.

Is that with or without the duma the elgato issue?

Need to have cookies enabled in misc settings to save that.

I have not tried it without the netduma as I never had a problem uploading with elgato while using the netduma before.

I can try that later and report back. As for the cookies in misc, that is ticked and always has been. 

I am using chrome as recommended also.

Alright so I uninstalled any trace of elgato and reinstalled it just in case and that didn't change anything.

Seems to be an issue with elgato right now I would say as I am unable to upload anything.

I either get no notice and it cancels or it gives me the error that it has timed out.

Will keep trying and try with just the modem today.

UPDATE: I connected just the modem and elgato uploaded fine with no errors and now the YT logo shows next to the video.

So elgato uploaded fine without netduma and when I connected the duma back the elgato failed to upload again.

I have been checking as to what it could be and a few days ago I looked in the VPN section and saw that hidemyass was enabled.

I disabled that but still no change, what should I try to do and see if it fixes the issue as this should be normal activity from my latptop.

Speaking of activity, can we get an update to remove any devices we want at any time, tired of looking at active dormant devices. 

• 2 months later...

As of today I was finally able to pinpoint the problem with my Elgato not uploading.

I had tested without the netduma and just a modem and was able to upload a video.

Then with the netduma I wasn't able to, so whats the problem?

Turns out the issue is with the hyperlane, having just my console in hyperlane causes elgato to timeout.

taking my console out of hyperlane and trying to upload with elgato was successful.

Another option I will try out is putting my console and latop in hyperlanes if I can but then that defeats the purpose of just my console getting data out first.

I hope now that Netduma got Elgato to send them some products they will be able to push out a quick fix for this issue.

• Administrators

Thanks for the update! I will try to look into this issue and see what's happening. 

If you could provide me with the normal steps you take so I can replicate it myself that would be really helpful.

I just have my xbox one in hyperlane and my laptop with the elgato program NOT in hyperlane. (elgato timesout and causes high pings 100+) no matter what C.C. is setup.

Xbox one and elgato in hyperlanes. (elgato uploads successfully but causes high pings 100ms+)

• 1 month later...

Alright I have not tested in a while but all went fine today as far as uploading while my xbox is in hyperlane, though my ping went from the normal 30ms to 80ms.

I did not notice the difference though and it played fine, so I don't know if you guys did any tweaks or elgato fixed some things in the latest update.

I will test later and report back if any major issues happen but it would be nice if my ping was not touched while uploading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Think of it as 2 queues, normal & hyper traffic. Hyper traffic gets run first so all of the devices in hyper and then after that normal. So not it doesn't necessarily prioritise them in order but it still goes out ahead of everything else if that makes sense.

Think of it as 2 queues, normal & hyper traffic. Hyper traffic gets run first so all of the devices in hyper and then after that normal. So not it doesn't necessarily prioritise them in order but it still goes out ahead of everything else if that makes sense.

Makes sense but it would be awesome if we can have the hyperlanes prioritized as well. 1,2,3 and so on.

Example: My console is in hyperlane but I also put my brothers in hyperlane and maybe another console

I want my packets to go out before his like mine is #1 and my brothers would be #2 priority in hyperlane

Archived