HONEST QUESTION BEFORE BUYING

Hello NetDuma folks.

First of all, a bit of background. I'm a 38-year-old gamer, and I realize that my twitch reflexes might not be as snappy as they used to, so there's nothing in the market to fix that  :D I live in Colombia and I play pretty much all kinds of games, but really enjoy FPS, and I'm currently playing Black Ops III with varying degrees of success.

Since I reside in South America, my gaming experience has always been one of quiet resignation when I don't get local lobbies, something that doesn't happen that often, really. I'm well-versed in Networking and I've tried every kind of router modification, code, script and what not to mitigate my latency, and It's gotten better, but, like any true gamer, it's simply not enough.

I'd love some feedback from people close to my side of the pond before I commit to buying your product, which I have no issue in acquiring as long as it mostly works as advertised. My setup is Cable Modem connection 10 Mbps DL, 2 Mbps DL with typical ping in the 100-150 ms range.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully you can be the solution I've been looking for.

I think the R1 is a nice gamers router over all. I have seen great advanced in gaming on BO3 since putting it online. I'm still doing some tweeking and getting used to some of the features and making sure it all works. From what my co gamers say, when I host and were all in a party together, we all seem to do very well unless we are just getting tired or there are others thare are just better than we are or cheating. LOL. I think as time goes on, the R1 will be even better. BO3 seems to have it's own demons with in and there maybe nothing the R1 can do to help in that regard, however it should help you with keeping your side of the network up to the host in that your side is working well and only using hosts that you set and configure. One thing you need to do is to ensure that your ISP service is of good quality from your house to there services. The R1 or any router can do well however if the ISP service from your house to there service is bad then any router won't work well.

Your the the only older generation gaming, we have you beat by 10 years or more. :D

Your the the only older generation gaming, we have you beat by 10 years or more. :D

Hahah you know you're an old gamer when you remember actually using the Konami Cheat Code on Contra.

Thanks for your reply. My ISP, after much pestering, is finally providing me with the service I pay for, so we're good on that front. I really want to make sure before I buy the R1 because, like I said, I've tried everything before.

Keep on gaming!

I'm an older gamer as well and hold a 3+ kd in BLOPS rushing, so it can be done.  Nothing like humbling these young bucks here and there..lol.

That said, if your normal pings are that high, the router could be a game changer for you, as one of its primary features is to restrict the games you connect to.  If there are no dedicated servers around you, it will at least make sure you connect to low ping P2P matches.  It can also stabilize your jitter as well.  If there simply are no games to be found around you, then the impact will be limited.  The routers qos and anti-jitter will still optimize your network for a better gaming experience, but latency is nearly everything.  So thats the key. Certainly worth exploring some troubleshooting with your ISP. Good luck

Hello NetDuma folks.

First of all, a bit of background. I'm a 38-year-old gamer, and I realize that my twitch reflexes might not be as snappy as they used to, so there's nothing in the market to fix that  :D I live in Colombia and I play pretty much all kinds of games, but really enjoy FPS, and I'm currently playing Black Ops III with varying degrees of success.

Since I reside in South America, my gaming experience has always been one of quiet resignation when I don't get local lobbies, something that doesn't happen that often, really. I'm well-versed in Networking and I've tried every kind of router modification, code, script and what not to mitigate my latency, and It's gotten better, but, like any true gamer, it's simply not enough.

I'd love some feedback from people close to my side of the pond before I commit to buying your product, which I have no issue in acquiring as long as it mostly works as advertised. My setup is Cable Modem connection 10 Mbps DL, 2 Mbps DL with typical ping in the 100-150 ms range.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully you can be the solution I've been looking for.

the router Works Nice , i wording to older and my reaction is not more so fast , but this router give me so much better game connextions , you gonna enjoy from this router ,

• Administrators

I'm throwing this picture in here because it's quite relevant, this is what we can do:

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 17.09.27.png

If your base ping is pretty low and stable then we can definitely help out. 

I believe there is at least one server available in South America, located in Brazil so we can make sure you get on that.

We can also eliminate any congestion caused by devices in your home. 

With the recent inclusion of hyper traffic your gaming packets will be sent/received first, improving your connection even more.

I'm throwing this picture in here because it's quite relevant, this is what we can do:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-02-16 at 17.09.27.png

If your base ping is pretty low and stable then we can definitely help out. 

I believe there is at least one server available in South America, located in Brazil so we can make sure you get on that.

We can also eliminate any congestion caused by devices in your home. 

With the recent inclusion of hyper traffic your gaming packets will be sent/received first, improving your connection even more.

Thanks for the reply Fraser. One question though, how do I know if my base ping is low? I only have the data the game provides, and without any tampering it dwindles between 100-130 ms. Is that what you mean?

• Administrators

Thanks for the reply Fraser. One question though, how do I know if my base ping is low? I only have the data the game provides, and without any tampering it dwindles between 100-130 ms. Is that what you mean?

I'd do a speed test to your closest server and see what the ping comes back as

Archived