im back to mither :-D

is there any way for one of the duma team to access my r1 remotely to check it over for faults ?.

im asking for the following reasons :-

1.its a new start up company

2.yes there will be faults and problems nothing is 100%

3.a forum helps but doesnt get into the nitty gritty

4.if theres a problem thats deep inside the router ,  a forum can (does) go round in circles and go off topic

5.do i have a deep inbuilt problem ? , i dont know

6.could the router be faulty ? , i dont know.

7.with respect to the team and the help/advice they have give me they can only go so far with info asked and given..

8.could my router be a buggy one (slightly or otherwise) i dont know.

im asking this because it took nearly 2 weeks to set my r1 up with the help of iain (the lead developer at the time who is now listed as a guest ???) this was done on the forum and this was incredibly frustrating for me and i suspect for him , also i read a post where fraser asked a poster if they were zoomed in on the map ,.this function from day one has done nothing for me , i zoom to max and nothing changes.

i originally thought its an idea but they changed there minds and this feature will be removed in the future , so tonight i see a post asking about zoom and now i think ............oh erm hang on if that doesnt seem to do anything is there other stuff thats not working ? and as its new how do i know ? , for all i know it might just be acting as a pass through for most of the time with only 70%.of the features working ?.

yes i know frasier will probably be going oh god the idiots back , but i want to try and cover everything that i can just to be 100% sure everything is ,  well 100% .

yes i know my ping is awesome avg 11.7ms and goes upto i think 33ms in game and yes i know this is good infact very good.

now in blk ops 3 (i noticed this in destiny aswell) if ppl have a slightly dodgy conection my game is affected as in i cant kill them (thought the r1 was supposed to corrrect this) i can fire 20 rounds (yes i have counted them) on hardcore tdm to get a one hit kill on the last round (im using the gorgon so it has a slow fire rate so im able to count the rounds) i have yet to get a convincing reply to this also the 0.5 sec delay i seem to have when i see a player i see them when im running and gunning i die .

i await the replies of well blk ops3 is going through changes .................etc

• Netduma Staff

I can't comment on if they'll be able to access your router, but the zoom a front end function and won't affect any of the back end filtering. Just to make sure you are doing the zoom right: You select a number from the dropdown box, then press the zoom button located next to the home button, then you click on the map?

now in blk ops 3 (i noticed this in destiny aswell) if ppl have a slightly dodgy conection my game is affected as in i cant kill them (thought the r1 was supposed to corrrect this)

Not trying to offend you , but maybe the other players you're encountering are simply better than you?

If you're absolutely incapable of killing other players in either game , it sounds like a 'you' problem , not a netduma problem, especially since you mention you have 11 ping

Maybe try going into a private match before playing , messing with sensitivity etc , improving your play style / aim etc?

You will most likely respond defensively, and again I'm not trying to say you're bad , hell you may be a great player, but there's always going to be better players than you , me , all of us.

The netduma can only do so much for us, the rest is up to the player, it doesn't make a good player a god, it wont make a bad player good

Not trying to offend you , but maybe the other players you're encountering are simply better than you?

If you're absolutely incapable of killing other players in either game , it sounds like a 'you' problem , not a netduma problem, especially since you mention you have 11 ping

Maybe try going into a private match before playing , messing with sensitivity etc , improving your play style / aim etc?

You will most likely respond defensively, and again I'm not trying to say you're bad , hell you may be a great player, but there's always going to be better players than you , me , all of us.

The netduma can only do so much for us, the rest is up to the player, it doesn't make a good player a god, it wont make a bad player good

why is it when ever someone has a problem on here its instantly they aren't good at the game and its not going to make you better at the game comes out? Canwe stick on point please and try and answer his problem or just leave him alone? Most of the people who bought this router were frustrated with lag and what not already. Making fun of or poking at them does not help them in any way. Thenagain he could be bad and yes you are right but find a kinder way. Gee wiz

why is it when ever someone has a problem on here its instantly they aren't good at the game and its not going to make you better at the game comes out? Canwe stick on point please and try and answer his problem or just leave him alone? Most of the people who bought this router were frustrated with lag and what not already. Making fun of or poking at them does not help them in any way. Thenagain he could be bad and yes you are right but find a kinder way. Gee wiz

If you're offended by the way I worded that , you should probably get off the internet, you're obviously too sensitive to handle the truth

This is normal on any product's forum, there is always a "following...fanboysom" to be expected and those answers are expected. Usually they get shot down quickly by the moderators and admins, but i noticed in here they actually accept that kind of behavior. I think if you sell a product and the only support provided is the forums, then better monitoring is required. It seems like some people have great results and some are  the opposite. I made 2 of my friends get the netduma, one got rid of it and is using his netgear  the other swears by the netduma...odd.

I hope Mike gets the correct answers and issues are resolved

• Administrators

is there any way for one of the duma team to access my r1 remotely to check it over for faults ?.

im asking for the following reasons :-

1.its a new start up company

2.yes there will be faults and problems nothing is 100%

3.a forum helps but doesnt get into the nitty gritty

4.if theres a problem thats deep inside the router ,  a forum can (does) go round in circles and go off topic

5.do i have a deep inbuilt problem ? , i dont know

6.could the router be faulty ? , i dont know.

7.with respect to the team and the help/advice they have give me they can only go so far with info asked and given..

8.could my router be a buggy one (slightly or otherwise) i dont know.

im asking this because it took nearly 2 weeks to set my r1 up with the help of iain (the lead developer at the time who is now listed as a guest ???) this was done on the forum and this was incredibly frustrating for me and i suspect for him , also i read a post where fraser asked a poster if they were zoomed in on the map ,.this function from day one has done nothing for me , i zoom to max and nothing changes.

i originally thought its an idea but they changed there minds and this feature will be removed in the future , so tonight i see a post asking about zoom and now i think ............oh erm hang on if that doesnt seem to do anything is there other stuff thats not working ? and as its new how do i know ? , for all i know it might just be acting as a pass through for most of the time with only 70%.of the features working ?.

yes i know frasier will probably be going oh god the idiots back , but i want to try and cover everything that i can just to be 100% sure everything is ,  well 100% .

yes i know my ping is awesome avg 11.7ms and goes upto i think 33ms in game and yes i know this is good infact very good.

now in blk ops 3 (i noticed this in destiny aswell) if ppl have a slightly dodgy conection my game is affected as in i cant kill them (thought the r1 was supposed to corrrect this) i can fire 20 rounds (yes i have counted them) on hardcore tdm to get a one hit kill on the last round (im using the gorgon so it has a slow fire rate so im able to count the rounds) i have yet to get a convincing reply to this also the 0.5 sec delay i seem to have when i see a player i see them when im running and gunning i die .

i await the replies of well blk ops3 is going through changes .................etc

I'll try to answer as best I can.

There is a guest Iain account, that was used a long time ago for reasons I won't get into. He has a normal admin account he uses. 

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the zoom? It's just so you can zoom in closer on the map and see hosts that may be harder to pin point when zoomed out. The reason I asked the person that question was because they couldn't see anything on the filter - they may have been zoomed in too far. We have no plans to remove zoom, not sure why you think that, you may be referring to trace? 

Zoom works as it should, it's literally that - just zooms in on the map. So not sure what you mean by does that mean other features don't work as well. 

Your ping is absolutely fantastic, you can't get any better than that. 

We can't prevent people joining the dedicated server, we can get you the closest server to you. 

If you're getting the lowest possible ping - which you are we can't do anything else, the router is achieving it's purpose. If you're experiencing a delay it is not due to anything on your end and is very likely the server itself. 

the zoom doesnt work hit 15x click on the map nothing happens click on a host nothing happens to me if something says 15x zoom its going to get magnified 15x , so with that basic knowledge the zoom function isnt working so this makes me wonder if something else isnt working if you follow my line of thought ?.

so with this in mind the conclusions are as follows

1.the r1 isnt working right ?

2.the r1 isnt actually doing anything ?

3.im being penalized for an awesome ping which with cod is possible 

4. the r1 is actually introducing lag ?

and @asentrix i dont claim to be the best player on the planet nor do i claim to be good (my best yet was 33-9 thats an exception rather than the norm which break even most of the time) but if i see a player and i cant even hip fire 1 shot before i die or im already ads and firing at center mass and i die even though i started shooting first or i place my gun barrel on the back of a campers head pull the trigger get a total miss not even a hit marker from point blank range and they then turn around and shoot me then it makes me think theres something wrong , so thank you for your vote of confidence and pointless input.

the zoom doesnt work hit 15x click on the map nothing happens click on a host nothing happens to me if something says 15x zoom its going to get magnified 15x , so with that basic knowledge the zoom function isnt working so this makes me wonder if something else isnt working if you follow my line of thought ?.

and @asentrix i dont claim to be the best player on the planet nor do i claim to be good (my best yet was 33-9 thats an exception rather than the norm which break even most of the time) but if i see a player and i cant even hip fire 1 shot before i die or im already ads and firing at center mass and i die even though i started shooting first or i place my gun barrel on the back of a campers head pull the trigger get a total miss not even a hit marker from point blank range and they then turn around and shoot me then it makes me think theres something wrong , so thank you for your vote of confidence and pointless input.

I actually play on a server a bit away to get a slightly higher ping to get rid of the delay. 60ms works best for me and right now that is the texas server

• Administrators

You have to be zoomed out, click the X so you don't have zoom. Then change to 15x then click zoom and click the map and it should work. 

I follow your line of thought yes but if you do the above you'll see that it does work. 

The R1 is definitely working correctly, you have the best ping possible, no local congestion etc. It's doing exactly as advertised (if you're experiencing issues with that low a ping then it's not something on your end, it will be the servers you're connecting to)

Archived