Speedtest

Sorry for my english , but i have a problem , i Can not do a Speedtest whit cable

I have just my ps4 whit cable and my Netduma , i have only a iPad here @home and this is only whit WiFi connex , how can i do a good Speedtest , my download is 100 and upload is 6

Sorry for my english , but i have a problem , i Can not do a Speedtest whit cable

I have just my ps4 whit cable and my Netduma , i have only a iPad here @home and this is only whit WiFi connex , how can i do a good Speedtest , my download is 100 and upload is 6

If I understand correctly , you currently do not own any PC correct?

And you want to find out how to do an accurate speed test without having to use your Ipad on WiFi?

You will have to borrow a laptop or something similar from a relative to perform an accurate speed test through ethernet.

WiFi speeds shouldn't be too different , as long as your connection is strong.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Hi Nina Ricci welcome to the forum.

Try a speed test through the PS4 using the browser see if that gives you the same results :)

I was going to suggest the same thing , but the problem is the PS4 browser doesn't support web apps like ookla etc.

Might be some other work around though maybe?

Speed of me will work on the PS4 but it isn't very accurate for speeds.I ran it on a hardwired laptop and it was 79 / 6 and on the PS4 same test 30 seconds later was 29 / 4.

• Administrators

As above I would say it's an incorrect reading. Speed test can be inconsistent. I'd say if you get your full speeds on PC then not to worry but as you don't have the option to do so just ensure you follow everything from here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

• Administrators

Speed test can be inconsistent.

@Fraser Is there a speedtest site or program that is more consistent/reputable/accurate? Don't mean to hijack thread.

I don't have one I can recommend personally but they will more than likely have the same variations due to server load etc

Archived