Xbox one strict nat type

I have tried using the wiki guide to fix this but cannot fix it . My netduma is connected to the bthh5 . When I got to detailed nat information on my Xbox one it say your network is behind a port preserving port symmetric nat

Go into you're BT hub gui and disable UPNP and also put you're netduma into the dmz of the BT hub and make sure to apply the settungs,make sure UPNP is enabled on the duma and also under miscellaneous,next press and hold the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds and let go the power brick light should eventually turn orange and when it does turn on the console,you will have an open Nat and should have no issues

Is it safe to put my netduma into dmz as I am not the only one using the netduma my partner and child use the internet through the netduma and I heard this is a major no no . When I connect to the bthh5 I have open as soon as I connect via netduma I get strict

DMZ will be fine as the Duma has its own firewall, it will bypass the BT Hubs Firewall so you have direct internet to the Duma, Make sure you change the Duma SSID password. I have the above setup enabled at home and it works perfect.

As for the Xbox, hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds, unplug the power brick at the back of the console then press the Xbox button 4-5 times which will drain any existing power from the Xbox. Wait 30 seconds then plug the Xbox brick back in which will light up white, wait until it turns orange then power back on, this will clear the Xbox cache.

Once up and running go to Xbox network settings. Even if it says Open NAT do a multiplayer test, when finished press LT RT LB RB all at the same time, hopefully you'll be behind 'a cone nat'.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

My xbox one nat type is strict again, have not changed anything and i cannot fix it . I have followed the wiki instructions and the video still cant fix the problem . I have bthh5 connected to the netduma , i have my netduma in my bthh5 dmz , upnp disabled on my bthh5 . Netduma misc settings i have allow auto feedback , allow remote access and enable upnp all ticked , i hane enablw bleeding edge and enable cloud ticked and pv6 unticked in misc , wan and lan

So i managed to solve this issue not sure if it is right but it worked for me . I port forwarded xbox one ports from my bthh5 to my netduma which has given me the open port fix. Is this right or should i have done something else ?

• Administrators

So i managed to solve this issue not sure if it is right but it worked for me . I port forwarded xbox one ports from my bthh5 to my netduma which has given me the open port fix. Is this right or should i have done something else ?

It's not ideal as it should be necessary but if its working then that's great :)

It's not ideal as it should be necessary but if its working then that's great :)

What else can be done if its not ideal ? I want the best possible setup i can acheive and from your reply it sounds like this is not ideal . This is the only way i have managed to sort this problem out even after trying the advice given and following the wiki and youtube

Update i have factory reset my bthh5 and my netduma , put my netduma in the bthh5 dmz turned upnp off on my btth5 . Done all of the above and im still on STRICTand now im getting cannot get a teredo ip address when i test my multiplayer connection on xbox one . Can someone please help with a solution

Update i have factory reset my bthh5 and my netduma , put my netduma in the bthh5 dmz turned upnp off on my btth5 . Done all of the above and im still on STRICTand now im getting cannot get a teredo ip address when i test my multiplayer connection on xbox one . Can someone please help with a solution

mate im going through the exact same problem, was online here with a guy for nearly 4 hrs withought succession.. i will share any results withb ya :-)

What you could try is unplugging the xbox one or switching off at mains,then go into upnp on the duma and untick then apply,that will clear all upnp then retick and apply,once you have done that fire up the xbox and see if you have a strict Nat still

• Administrators

What else can be done if its not ideal ? I want the best possible setup i can acheive and from your reply it sounds like this is not ideal . This is the only way i have managed to sort this problem out even after trying the advice given and following the wiki and youtube

By that I meant ideal is DMZ and let the duma do everything. They way you had it set up shouldn't cause any adverse affects and if it was working for you then I would just leave it. 

Go back to your previous settings and if that works just leave it. 

I managed to fix the problem by putting my netduma in the dmz of my bthh5, when i turn my xbox one on if i have strict or moderate nat i reboot my netduma with my xbox one still on and connected to my netduma when it reconnects i get open nat . Not had any problems since doing this .

Archived