Needing Some Help

Clinton92

Just recived my r1 today. The connection is smoother but still have issues, any help would be great. This is on ps4 Aw im getting the first bullets in but I still die first. Also same result on black ops 2.

here is my isp stats 7d .75u ping 17ms to 8.8.8.8

R1 setup geo set to 1000km withe strict mode on, pa set to 30ms. Device prio set to 90% on ps4, congestion control both set to 70%. Also watching the live ping graph ive been getting into lobbies, with a ping of 20 to 25. The ping graph seems to stay stable throught out the game.

Is there something im doing wrong ?

Cheers

Hi there ,

Firstly thank you for buying , secondly i'm assuming you have as you mentioned ping assist but have you updated your router to .7b?

From the information you've given it looks like the r1 is working well and finding you good low ping sessions to play on.

The R1 geofilter and its features were designed to give you the smoothest experience and lowest ping it can, what it's not able to do is control other players connection. If you enter gun fights with players with higher latency than yourself you will find there will be the shot first but died first scenarios this is unavoidable its just the way the internet works i'm afraid.

Given you're in Australia things like game mode and time of day will play a bigger part in the game deciding who else to match you with,.

What i would do is actually increase ping assist to 50ms and play a few games and see how it goes.

Hi Adam

yea I have updated to the latest firmware. Also I will try to increase pa to 50ms, and see if it makes any difference. Also is there any other suggestions if that makes no difference. Also do my settings seem to be correct from what I've provided.

Cheers

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Clinton92,

Can you let us know the pings you're getting in game. You can do that by clicking the largest circle(the host) and a box will appear below. Then you can click ping and a graph will appear showing your ping to the host.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry I reread your first post, getting pings of 20-25 are near optimum for you based on your diagnosis stats. Also a ping of 20-25 is really good, I guess you could try move your home around but that is a really good connection to be honest. 

Sorry I reread your first post, getting pings of 20-25 are near optimum for you based on your diagnosis stats. Also a ping of 20-25 is really good, I guess you could try move your home around but that is a really good connection to be honest. 

20-25ms is beyond optimum actually. It takes the human eye approximately 13ms to process an image into your boozebrain (that's the nickname for my head). Add in reaction time and that latency is as close to real time as it gets. I'd type more, but my dog is trolling me

Thanks I will try and move my home location around and see what happens. Also done a bit more testing the live pa graph seems to spiking alot, ill get a game at 25ms then it spikes to 40ms. Then it will go back to 25ms sometimes spikes higher, will also try to set pa to 50ms. Its 6:40am here atm got to get going to work, will play around more when I get home.

Cheers

• Netduma Staff

Thanks I will try and move my home location around and see what happens. Also done a bit more testing the live pa graph seems to spiking alot, ill get a game at 25ms then it spikes to 40ms. Then it will go back to 25ms sometimes spikes higher, will also try to set pa to 50ms. Its 6:40am here atm got to get going to work, will play around more when I get home.

Cheers

Are the spikes when you die or at any particular moments in the game? I find that it definitely spikes when I die in a game, so just wondering if this was the same of you :)

Are the spikes when you die or at any particular moments in the game? I find that it definitely spikes when I die in a game, so just wondering if this was the same of you :)

Hi Crossy

The spikes seem to be when im playing and die. A couple of games I had today was a 25ms ping with a spike of 150ms. Or 20ms to 80ms so I put them in the deny list.

So I have made the following changes and there seems to be no difference. So im shooting other players getting hitmarkers and I die still. So I watch the killcam and apparently I didn't even shoot a bullet, why is this happening ?

Plz any help is greatly appreciated

So I have made the following changes and there seems to be no difference. So im shooting other players getting hitmarkers and I die still. So I watch the killcam and apparently I didn't even shoot a bullet, why is this happening ?

Plz any help is greatly appreciated

The hitmarkers you are getting on people but then when you watch the killcam it never happened and they took no damage is exactly the same thing that I was experiencing and I eventually found it was an issue with my isp and nothing to do with the duma,I'm in the UK with sky broadband and once I got some technical help and configuration on my line it was fixed,I'm not saying this is the same for you but it may be worth contacting ur isp to see if they can see any errors on ur line and if so clear them for you.I feel ur pain and it's certainly worth a shot just getting in touch with them

The hitmarkers you are getting on people but then when you watch the killcam it never happened and they took no damage is exactly the same thing that I was experiencing and I eventually found it was an issue with my isp and nothing to do with the duma,I'm in the UK with sky broadband and once I got some technical help and configuration on my line it was fixed,I'm not saying this is the same for you but it may be worth contacting ur isp to see if they can see any errors on ur line and if so clear them for you.I feel ur pain and it's certainly worth a shot just getting in touch with them

Thanks for the heads up ill give them a call and see whats goin on. Hopefully thats the issue or else I have no idea what else to do.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I really can't diagnose gameplay I'm afraid. The Dumas primary goal is to get low ping, which it sounds like you're getting. The spikes from 30ms to 40ms are not bad, other larger spikes could mean an issue elsewhere. Is anyone else using your connection at the same time? 

I really can't diagnose gameplay I'm afraid. The Dumas primary goal is to get low ping, which it sounds like you're getting. The spikes from 30ms to 40ms are not bad, other larger spikes could mean an issue elsewhere. Is anyone else using your connection at the same time? 

Hi Lain

My gf watches youtube and general browsing while im playing. Other than that there's nothing else using the internet, also contacted my isp and they said my line is excellent with no errors. Is there any other suggestions you would recommend to try ?

Cheers

Have you typed in your download and upload and set the congestion control to 70% up & 70 down , this is a must if more than yourself is using the network at the same time.

Edit : re read your post and you have sorry.

Hi Lain

My gf watches youtube and general browsing while im playing. Other than that there's nothing else using the internet, also contacted my isp and they said my line is excellent with no errors. Is there any other suggestions you would recommend to try ?

Cheers

Have you used the device prioritisation?giving ur girlfriend say only 10 percent of the band with and 80/90 to ur console?you can allways check what's using ur band with in game with the network monitor I think it's called

Have you used the device prioritisation?giving ur girlfriend say only 10 percent of the band with and 80/90 to ur console?you can allways check what's using ur band with in game with the network monitor I think it's called

Ive done this I set my ps4 to 90 and all other devices have 2 or 3. Im guessing ive done everything correct in terms of setting up the r1.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yeah its integral that you have the anti-flood set to at least 70% either way. Lower it if you want to lower spikes. Maybe even try a different anti-flood algorithm.

Hi everyone 

I think i of may have worked out my issue, I've been connecting to dedicated servers only. Now i have moved my location and dropped my geo to around 500km and pa set to 0. Also i don't know if blocking everyone on the net in device manager help at all. but all the games i had were so enjoyable i couldn't believe how good the connection was. After blocking everyone from the net i had the Anti flood set to 100% cap, and device prio on auto set. 

So i saying that what suggestions should i take on setting the CC up properly?. 

Also here is a quick internet diagnosis if that helps in any way. 

And i have Low Latency turned on for the lower ping times.

Ping Good, Jitter and spikes Exceptional, Paqcket Loss No Loss 

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=56 time=20.430 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=1 ttl=56 time=19.641 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=2 ttl=56 time=20.353 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=3 ttl=56 time=19.686 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=4 ttl=56 time=20.010 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=5 ttl=56 time=19.855 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=6 ttl=56 time=19.949 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=7 ttl=56 time=19.783 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=8 ttl=56 time=20.132 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=9 ttl=56 time=19.975 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=10 ttl=56 time=19.569 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=11 ttl=56 time=19.656 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=12 ttl=56 time=19.739 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=13 ttl=56 time=19.835 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=14 ttl=56 time=19.937 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=15 ttl=56 time=19.776 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=16 ttl=56 time=19.872 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=17 ttl=56 time=19.440 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=18 ttl=56 time=19.803 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=19 ttl=56 time=19.630 ms

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
20 packets transmitted, 20 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 19.440/19.853/20.430 ms

Trace

traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 10.0.0.138 0.648 ms 0.442 ms 0.504 ms
2 150.101.212.44 7.879 ms 8.031 ms 7.371 ms
3 150.101.33.160 8.117 ms 8.009 ms 8.371 ms
4 150.101.33.24 16.254 ms 15.637 ms 15.541 ms
5 150.101.33.7 15.877 ms 15.638 ms 15.798 ms
6 150.101.33.22 19.843 ms 20.041 ms 19.745 ms
7 72.14.221.174 19.332 ms 19.116 ms 19.252 ms
8 72.14.237.15 19.932 ms 19.239 ms 72.14.237.21 20.310 ms
9 8.8.8.8 19.004 ms 18.968 ms 19.623 ms

So if i am picking this up right what your saying is that if anyone else uses the network your games are bad and 70/70 congestion control with device priority all sharing the same does not work for you, only when you have DP set to xbox max with CC set to 100% that it works properly?

So if i am picking this up right what your saying is that if anyone else uses the network your games are bad and 70/70 congestion control with device priority all sharing the same does not work for you, only when you have DP set to xbox max with CC set to 100% that it works properly?

Hi Zennon

Thats correct, im not saying that setting up cc to 70/70 doesnt work. Its hard to say as each game and host plays a huge difference. Or it could have just been my night and found good host. Who knows with cc set to 70/70 I could have played exactly the same but i have no idea. All I know Is when I had it set to 100% it worked quite well. Thats why im trying to find out, So thats why i want some knowledge. As networking im completely new to so id rather get some advise before making a decision on whats best.

Archived