Needing Some Help

Clinton92

A good test would be your in a great match or a great lobby at some point change from 100% to 70% and see if this changes things, try this when you are still on the same host.

Try not to see things as a placebo because placebos are real , er hang on, no there not, or are they ?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi Zennon

Thats correct, im not saying that setting up cc to 70/70 doesnt work. Its hard to say as each game and host plays a huge difference. Or it could have just been my night and found good host. Who knows with cc set to 70/70 I could have played exactly the same but i have no idea. All I know Is when I had it set to 100% it worked quite well. Thats why im trying to find out, So thats why i want some knowledge. As networking im completely new to so id rather get some advise before making a decision on whats best.

When you set it to 100% you blocked every device in your house through the device manager also is that right? In that case you're the the only one who can connect to the internet so having it at 100% would be good if youre just gaming. If you have lots of devices being used at the same time thats where using CC and device prioritisation will help you not get increases in lag when gaming :) 70/70 is what we usually recommend but people find different settings work so experiment with it :)

Yeah blocking everything but his gaming , good if your on your own but no good if there is other users going mental because they can not get on haha.

Yea I got a ear bashing from the misses. But I just wanted to know if other devices on the internet were causing a congestion. Thats why I done the test so I know if I have to increase or lower the cc sliders. But ill play around with it more and see what works the best.

also what the difference between Preemptive and Reactive ? Does It make any difference im using preemptive atm. But others say they have had better results on reactive on the psn network.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yea I got a ear bashing from the misses. But I just wanted to know if other devices on the internet were causing a congestion. Thats why I done the test so I know if I have to increase or lower the cc sliders. But ill play around with it more and see what works the best.

also what the difference between Preemptive and Reactive ? Does It make any difference im using preemptive atm. But others say they have had better results on reactive on the psn network.

Preemptive is for connections under 60mbps, Reactive is for 60mbps or above so based on your connection Preemptive is better for you :)

I spoke to Iain on my findings and he was surprised with what i found.......

On adsl 6mb when i did some tests (running cmd ping 8.8.8.8 -t running in the background) that preemtive would give me 40ms ping spikes at 70% every now and again while downloading at full 70% so i used reactive and this game me 1ms spikes at 70% a major improvement.

For others this might not be the case but it was for me.

And now moving to fibre i still use reactive and have the same rise by 1ms while I am downloading at full speed that 70% can produce , that is amazing and i am in ore of the congestion control.

No more arguments over lag spikes between me and my son now , the equilibrium has been rebalanced :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ispoke to Iain on my findings and he was surprised with what i found.......

I found that on adsl 6mb when i did some testing that preemtive would give me 40ms ping spikes at 70% every now and then so i used reactive and this game me 1ms spikes at 70% a major improvement.

And now moving to fibre i still use reactive and have the same rise by 1ms while I am downloading at full speed that 70% can produce , that is amazing and i am in ore of the congestion control.

No more arguments over lag spikes between me and my son now , the equilibrium has been rebalanced :)

Ahh fair enough, thats good to know, thanks :D 

I spoke to Iain on my findings and he was surprised with what i found.......

On adsl 6mb when i did some tests (running cmd ping 8.8.8.8 -t running in the background) that preemtive would give me 40ms ping spikes at 70% every now and again while downloading at full 70% so i used reactive and this game me 1ms spikes at 70% a major improvement.

For others this might not be the case but it was for me.

Hey Zennon

how did you test this ? I wanna check mine to find the best setting for me. Did u go on cmd and ping 8.8.8.8 with youtube and torrents running?

Cheers

Yes i used cmd

ping -t 8.8.8.8

This will ping forever until you stop it. and i ran a usenet download which max's out my connection or you could run a speed test one you know gives you your fastest speed , torrents or youtube wont max you out.

Yes i used cmd

ping -t 8.8.8.8

This will ping forever until you stop it. and i ran a usenet download which max's out my connection or you could run a speed test one you know gives you your fastest speed , torrents or youtube wont max you out.

Thanks Zennon

how do I find this usenet ? I tried google but different stuff is popping up ? Also will speedtest.net work ?

Sorry for the questions im a network noob :)

If you dont know what usenet is then leave it at that haha.

Just do a speed test one that max's you out :)

I like bbmax speed test , that max's me out

Archived