Netduma constantly needs to be restarted and RMA request

Hi,

I've been using my netduma for gaming and home use for a couple weeks now. 

I have tried everything and read the help forums meticulously getting it to work out.
Unfortunately it has not been working out great for me, and I think I may have a defective unit. Or the hardware of the router isn't strong enough for my needs. =/

I have already disconnected my netduma and returned to my previous setup before it because of this and requested an RMA but I was told I have to post here first with my issues.

My set up for PS4 was ONT -> Netduma -> PS4 
For all other devices it was ONT -> Netduma -> Asus -> Device

I upgraded my netduma to 1.03.5 as discussed here:

I have fiOS with 75/75mbs and had a ethernet directly connected to the netduma with an ont.
At any give time there were 17-20 devices connected to the router.
3 of the devices are constantly uploading as they are nest cameras.

The issues we had with the netduma outside of ps4, is the network connection would degrade over time for all devices.
This occurred even without using ps4. The router would also randomly reboot at times. 
After rebooting the connection speed would be ok for a couple hours, maybe a day and then degrade again.
The connection quality would get so bad, that I could not watch youtube video without it pausing every 5 -10 seconds.

For PS4, I would know its time to reboot the router because I would start getting NAT issues with everyone, including the same people I play with all the time.
When this happens I would again reboot the router to fix it.

At first I thought it was congestion control, and so I tried turning it off, setting it 100/100, 70/70, reactive, preemptive.. same thing over time =/

I have also tried this set up -> ONT -> ASUS -> Netduma  (DMZ)->  PS4
with other devices > ONT -> ASUS -> Devices
The problem with this set up, is the PS4 connection speed loses 10 - 15 mbs  .
Unfortunately, our PS4 is not just for games. We watch a lot of streaming movies, and also have it access a Network storage drive on the network to fetch other media. With this alt set up PS4 cannot find the network drive since it's on a different router, even with Multicast snooping on.
Also when we try to watch streaming services the movies will randomly pause to load. 

When it comes to actually playing, the router worked great initially. But I seem to have more issues with it now playing destiny than I originally did. Outside of nat issues and needing to restart the router. 
When I join a  game everyone is either green bar, but are lagging because when I shoot them they don't take damage for after 2-3 seconds. That or there is a red / yellow bar player teleporting everywhere, I also get randomly booted from  pvp games. This still occured when i dropped caps to 70/70 as well.

Anyways, 
Look I really appreciate what you guys are doing, and I also really appreciate the fact that you need me to post these issues for an RMA.
It shows you guys really care, and want to help fix issues before the return.

The thing is I'm really burnt out trying to resolve this issue after spending hours reading the forums here and so forth trying to save you time.
Additionally, this routers performance has caused a lot of tension for other people in my home. So I would honestly really really appreciate it if I can get an RMA.

Best,
Foxes

Are the devices with the trouble using WiFi?

If so then untick the WiFi workaround also make sure it is a good distance from any other electrical device for the rebooting issue.

• Administrators

Hey, thanks for making a detailed post on your issues. 

It sounds like you may have a faulty unit if you're getting reboots & speed degradation without changing settings - which is rare. Can totally understand the frustration and tension it has caused. We'd be happy to send a replacement which should work straight away, if it doesn't then we can offer a refund. 

If you email [email protected] back and quote this post we can get it sorted. 

Hey, thanks for making a detailed post on your issues. 

It sounds like you may have a faulty unit if you're getting reboots & speed degradation without changing settings - which is rare. Can totally understand the frustration and tension it has caused. We'd be happy to send a replacement which should work straight away, if it doesn't then we can offer a refund. 

If you email [email protected] back and quote this post we can get it sorted. 

Thanks Fraser, I appreciate the offer. 

Yet, I don't see myself going through setting up the router all over again and testing it for a couple weeks to see if it works again.

Also the others in my home who are on my wireless will not appreciate it either =/ 

Could I just get send the router back for refund? 

Best,

• Administrators

Thanks Fraser, I appreciate the offer. 

Yet, I don't see myself going through setting up the router all over again and testing it for a couple weeks to see if it works again.

Also the others in my home who are on my wireless will not appreciate it either =/ 

Could I just get send the router back for refund? 

Best,

No worries, yes if you email we can sort that out :)

Archived