BO3 Frustration...

DARK BAWGS

5025594418.png

It's certainly not bad, Graded A on National Grade. There is better though.

Host was Irish dedi. Usually is. Players were all from the UK according to the geo. 

There's also strong opinion that a bad connection may actually help you more than a good one, just ask some people here. It's split 50/50 though and I'm not an expert so I have no idea.

And you're right there's all sorts of reasons why people leave, I have no issue with that or even these results happening every now and then. My point was that it happens TOO often for me, way more than any previous title.

Take a step back mate. Your clearly passionate about this :blink: if you put as much time into CoD as you have with your essay you'll be fine. I agree with several things your saying but SBMM is fine as it is. I like many of you here have played from CoD 4, i wasn't great at all, nearly 10 YEARS later im almost 3 kd. That didn't happen over night nor do i camp or worry about my kd but why punish people who have played since day one or who are better than others? I learned the hard way, you should ask treyarch for bootcamp.

Im married, work full time, got a screaming terror-dactyl of a child. I want hour to myself playing CoD without being put in lobbies full of killers, not 1 or 2 the whole lobby. When they tweaked the SBMM for a day or so my lobbies least kd was 1.90 up to 4.00, that was with the Duma!

Now my lobbies usually consist of 2-4 stand out players ( opposite teams ). So to me thats equal, noobs play against majority noobs with the chance to better themselves against the 1 or 2 best players. Thats balance !   

I play on PS4 and since getting a Duma my K/D evened out to just over 1.0 and my SPM is now 300 whereas before it was low 200s. Both of these are slowly increasing but my W/L is always going to be awful due to the lopsided matchmaking thats been in the game at least since MW3 where the decent players are always against seemingly weaker ones. COD4 and MW2 had it better where it automatically split the top players before each game to give a bit of balance.  

I like others here have said did in fact improve by playing against better players. You can learn a lot, if someone gets the better of you then the theater mode is a really good tool to study how they play and improve yourself.

Great point. You are the only other person I have seen mention this as a tool to get better.  Watching what really happened, in game, from the other perspective can give you some GREAT tips to use on the next poor unsuspecting bastard....LOL

Great point. You are the only other person I have seen mention this as a tool to get better.  Watching what really happened, in game, from the other perspective can give you some GREAT tips to use on the next poor unsuspecting bastard....LOL

I use it all the time.  I will bookmark games were I did really well, really badly and also friends doing really well or really bad.  I will then watch the game from different player perspectives.  I have learned a lot my mistakes and watching how some of my slayer friends play.  

Here is an interesting example that I found using the theater mode.  One night, I was struggling to do as well as I normally play.  I exclusively play domination with friends.  One night I noticed that we were constantly getting killed immediately after capping flags or while capping flags.  The next day I went to theater mode to see what may have been happening.  I noticed that one particular player (friend of a friend that I don't play with very often) on our team was doing some interesting things.  He would camp in various spots in our home flag spawn that would still allow the enemy to spawn there if we were taking the other home flag.  This would allow him to come out from his spot and quickly spawn kill them. Because he moved from his spot, the enemies that he just killed would spawn in the area right around the flag that we just captured - or they would be spawning an area adjacent to where we just capped.  This would allow them to be setup to kill us from behind or as soon as we moved from the flag area.

I have played with him a few times since then.  Now that I know what he is doing, I now start watching behind me on flags and expect them to be on top of me. After capping a flag, I will check the spawn area around the flag and wait to see if my teammates start spawning there.  When he is playing, I also do not rush directly from the flag.  I take it more cautiously.   My other friends picked up on this too.  

I also found some interesting spots to watch so they don't so it to me.  

^^ Great usage man.

The killcam only shows a snippet of what went into the kill most of the time.  The angle the player took to said location, were they hugging the wall or running down the center, were they ADS'ing the whole way or do they just really have insanely quick snap time.

I've used it to improve my game and I have used it to reinforce when I played the situation well, but there was a better way to approach it next time.

I haven't watched as much in BO3 as I should, but I used to watch a select set of 10-15 matches on the regular in BO2 when I was still learning how to play online now as opposed to the things I used to do when I played Rainbow 6 back in the day.

It's an active game, and there are a lot of folks out there that don't approach the game like you do.  Learning some of their tricks can lead to a better experience, that is for sure.

just tried this after staying away from this game for a few days. Holy dog shit. I don't think I ever had so many 0 for games even as a noob I could kill atleast one person. BO3 is broke. Write your congressman we were robbed! LOL

just tried this after staying away from this game for a few days. Holy dog shit. I don't think I ever had so many 0 for games even as a noob I could kill atleast one person. BO3 is broke. Write your congressman we were robbed! LOL

Agreed , although for a day or two I was averaging 50-80 kills on nuketown.

It's so inconsistent , truly frustrating that's for sure

I have never looked at Theater mode, not sure I would know what to do but I am going to give it a go later.  I'm sure I can figure it out.  Perhaps if I can figure out why I get 4 kills then die all the time I will be able to finish the Razorback!

You guys are full of great info, thanks as always...

Take a step back mate. Your clearly passionate about this :blink: if you put as much time into CoD as you have with your essay you'll be fine. I agree with several things your saying but SBMM is fine as it is. I like many of you here have played from CoD 4, i wasn't great at all, nearly 10 YEARS later im almost 3 kd. That didn't happen over night nor do i camp or worry about my kd but why punish people who have played since day one or who are better than others? I learned the hard way, you should ask treyarch for bootcamp.

Im married, work full time, got a screaming terror-dactyl of a child. I want hour to myself playing CoD without being put in lobbies full of killers, not 1 or 2 the whole lobby. When they tweaked the SBMM for a day or so my lobbies least kd was 1.90 up to 4.00, that was with the Duma!

Now my lobbies usually consist of 2-4 stand out players ( opposite teams ). So to me thats equal, noobs play against majority noobs with the chance to better themselves against the 1 or 2 best players. Thats balance !   

Your right I am passionate about this, and yes I took some time writing my "essay".  For me it is about presenting an issue that I a concern about and presenting the whole picture to elicit some debate - which I am pleased to say I got.  I never thought for a moment that I would get much support, however it is important to present points of view as this is the only way things get better.  I guess my years of writing reports etc shows when I do this; sorry if it bothered you.

I do appreciate your comments and thank you and everyone else that took the time to respond as usual.

I have never looked at Theater mode, not sure I would know what to do but I am going to give it a go later.  I'm sure I can figure it out.  Perhaps if I can figure out why I get 4 kills then die all the time I will be able to finish the Razorback!

You guys are full of great info, thanks as always...

When you select Multiplayer from the main menu, Theater should be at the bottom I think. The game automatically records your games and you can watch all of your previous games from every players perspective. When you finish a game you can press back/select (sorry I don't know what system you're on) then X/Square and your previous game will be bookmarked. This makes it easier to find when searching through Theater. Happy to help!

Your right I am passionate about this, and yes I took some time writing my "essay".  For me it is about presenting an issue that I a concern about and presenting the whole picture to elicit some debate - which I am pleased to say I got.  I never thought for a moment that I would get much support, however it is important to present points of view as this is the only way things get better.  I guess my years of writing reports etc shows when I do this; sorry if it bothered you.

I do appreciate your comments and thank you and everyone else that took the time to respond as usual.

I actually prefer Bawgs' style as opposed to threads where we get one or two sentences with less information than you get in a fortune cookie.  When I read one of Bawgs' threads, it's much easier to chip in with some information because I have a full grasp of what he is struggling with.

May just be how the message is received on this end, but I prefer to have a little bit more information than not enough in a support thread.   ;)

Don't you change BAWGS, we love you the way you are!  :P

JD

When you select Multiplayer from the main menu, Theater should be at the bottom I think. The game automatically records your games and you can watch all of your previous games from every players perspective. When you finish a game you can press back/select (sorry I don't know what system you're on) then X/Square and your previous game will be bookmarked. This makes it easier to find when searching through Theater. Happy to help!

Great and after your post yesterday I went in and was able to do just that - what a shock!  I was surprised to see that when I thought I was behind cover I was actually in the open.  Also I knew that I wasn't moving much but man I didn't know that my feet were in cement!

Thank you guys for all the help - things are getting better finally!

I actually prefer Bawgs' style as opposed to threads where we get one or two sentences with less information than you get in a fortune cookie.  When I read one of Bawgs' threads, it's much easier to chip in with some information because I have a full grasp of what he is struggling with.

May just be how the message is received on this end, but I prefer to have a little bit more information than not enough in a support thread.   ;)

Don't you change BAWGS, we love you the way you are!  :P

JD

JD, you are the best and I really appreciate the support not just on this issue but also on all the other things.

DB

so i dont know what you play... but my advice is QUIT PLAYING TDM! its the most boring and most annoying game type there is hands down. there is so much fun to be had in other game types it will restore your joy in the game. i dont know what they have in BO3, bless you for even playing the game... because its cheesy trash, but i quit TDM ages ago [however am forced to play it now on old titles since its the only populated playlist :(]... but hardpoint is so much fun especially when you learn the rotations, dom is always a good starter, demolition is one of the best gametypes ever, sabotage was awesome fun. CTF is my fav as a rusher as i like to slay carrying the flag [talk about racking up all your killstreaks easy peasy]

its insane to me that people stick to TDM and never expand out of it. i play with a guy who wont play anything but, and HC at that... drives me crazy. the rush i get from other game types is 10000x better on a crappy day than TDM on its best day.

its not about KDR at all when you play OBJ. sometimes its not even about winning, its about TRYING to win. on top of that, some of the best people i have met online have been met in these other game types.

im just saying... yeah, i agree with all your points and guilty sometimes of some of them [carrying my team of johnny no thumbs to victory or even losing with more kills than the entire rest of the team combined]... but there is more to this game than TDM and i get more frustrated with it playing that game mode than any other game mode [except maybe DOM against a full party, thats annoying]

so i dont know what you play... but my advice is QUIT PLAYING TDM! its the most boring and most annoying game type there is hands down. there is so much fun to be had in other game types it will restore your joy in the game. i dont know what they have in BO3, bless you for even playing the game... because its cheesy trash, but i quit TDM ages ago [however am forced to play it now on old titles since its the only populated playlist :(]... but hardpoint is so much fun especially when you learn the rotations, dom is always a good starter, demolition is one of the best gametypes ever, sabotage was awesome fun. CTF is my fav as a rusher as i like to slay carrying the flag [talk about racking up all your killstreaks easy peasy]

its insane to me that people stick to TDM and never expand out of it. i play with a guy who wont play anything but, and HC at that... drives me crazy. the rush i get from other game types is 10000x better on a crappy day than TDM on its best day.

its not about KDR at all when you play OBJ. sometimes its not even about winning, its about TRYING to win. on top of that, some of the best people i have met online have been met in these other game types.

im just saying... yeah, i agree with all your points and guilty sometimes of some of them [carrying my team of johnny no thumbs to victory or even losing with more kills than the entire rest of the team combined]... but there is more to this game than TDM and i get more frustrated with it playing that game mode than any other game mode [except maybe DOM against a full party, thats annoying]

theres too many kill whores not playing the objective in objective games, they should comepletly remove kill stat tracking from those games that way the kdr whores wont benefit from playing them and it will make the objective the priority

Your posts crack me up, It's all subject to opinion and you have very strong one. It also seems to be a very negative one, I don't think the developers will ever make you happy sir, maybe you should take up minecraft just for the chill factor ;)

I got a new modem from my isp and they switched me to business class and its been playing lag free even on double lag err um xp  weekend. I have only tried TDM though. I used to do the Dom but it seems a bit campy everytime I play even for me. Oh I still have the occasional WTF moment but Im sure thats just cause Im old! 

@secretface Are you with Comcast? If so let me know how you like the business class. I've been thinking about it.

Yes I am but I didn't switch, they switched me without charge as of yet, I have been trying to get them to clean up my line for two years. I email [email protected] or maybe net can't remember right now. Google serch youll find his email. Anyway he is ceo of comcast. Have all of your proof ready when the barrage of emails and phone calls come from every lead tech around. But if you are thinking the modem they gave me is a cisco DPC3008. Took the supervisor hours to get it to work right but think of it this way if they are oversold in an area business is the way to go as most are busy by day and I play at night. Or maybe just every other modem they gave me was crap and the ip is a line of bull they sold me. Either way its working great right now. Im still no cod god but then again I don't think I ever will be! But its fun to play again and thats all I wanted. I can send you any other info you want or need just ask.  

https://gyazo.com/4435803c59cc1c4c80549d0d334d5778Plainfield is where I always had troubles

Your posts crack me up, It's all subject to opinion and you have very strong one. It also seems to be a very negative one, I don't think the developers will ever make you happy sir, maybe you should take up minecraft just for the chill factor ;)

what do the developers have to do with it? they put the game types in there! its not negative at all, i believe if you read it correctly i am selling the REST of the game besides TDM. 

i play minecraft, its fun... havent played in a while though. mostly been playing MW3/Ghosts when i have the time.

theres too many kill whores not playing the objective in objective games, they should comepletly remove kill stat tracking from those games that way the kdr whores wont benefit from playing them and it will make the objective the priority

i kill the killwhores... DOM is the worst of the bunch. DEMO/SABO/CTF/HP are all great gametypes once you learn how to play them. far more excitement than TDcaMp

i kill the killwhores... DOM is the worst of the bunch. DEMO/SABO/CTF/HP are all great gametypes once you learn how to play them. far more excitement than TDcaMp

id love to play uplink but none plays it the way its supposed to be played, i joined a game the other day on the losing team with 0 points and i got back to back points on the board easy but then there were raps etc being called in cause none was playing the game so i left and ive not gone back

Archived