Need some support with Chat limitations on Ps4

Evangelisuk

Ok so theres some brainy network nerds floating around in here ( Yes You! ) Im sure your flattered by now and really want to help!

Im having all sorts of non-netduma related issues with my Ps4 atm. I cant get friends into my lobby and we cant even party chat. Were all Type 2 and open Nat - Im on a wired connection - Static Ip and in Dmz. I have also tried Portforwarding on another occasion with no success.I have even been to my friends houses to check their routers incase they didnt know what they were looking for or had changed something without realising it. Cant find a solution for this anywhere on the net but managed to find a very small amount of posts from people suffering similar issues. Is there a method to narrow this problem down?

Below is a post from my Isp forums and also from Sony.

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Playstation/Nat-type-limitations-on-Chat-PS4/m-p/1852170#M178

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Party-Chat-NAT-Type-Issues/m-p/23979020#M62669

If recent discoveries about the netcode and ports are accurate...

The reason may be the communication port(s) and channels are encrypted (like all console packets), and the Netduma hasn't been updated to allow those through the Geofilter? If you don't use the Geofilter when in parties, it still may be a limitation of consumer routers since Sony is doing this to supposedly protect players privacy and vulnerability from hackers.

If recent discoveries about the netcode and ports are accurate...

The reason may be the communication port(s) and channels are encrypted (like all console packets), and the Netduma hasn't been updated to allow those through the Geofilter? If you don't use the Geofilter when in parties, it still may be a limitation of consumer routers since Sony is doing this to supposedly protect players privacy and vulnerability from hackers.

You are always well informed and have great contributions.  

Hi Connor - this was a non-Netduma related issue im glad to say. Looks like my Isp have taken notice and are apparently looking at a firmware fix on my other router ( that R1 connects to )

In one of the posts ive linked to, they dont so much as admit theres an issue or that they have a solution, theyre good at politics :] 

I don't have any Party Chat issues on the PS4, but I can get them due to Geo-filter restrictions on the NetDuma. 

If I have the Geo-filter set to Australia and NZ only, I can't chat on PS4 with friends in the UK and US due to NAT errors.

Increasing the Geo-filter to encompass the entire planet resolves the NAT connection issues.

It's probably not related to your specific problem, but worth mentioning nonetheless.

If anyone is suffering from this issue - i finally solved the problem.

Turn off the Ps4 using the button on the front of the unit - hold it down until its switched off.

Hold the power button down again until you have heard TWO beeps from the playstation then let go.

Connect your controller via a USB cable and press the PS button.

This will take you to the PS4 safe mode screen where there are several options available.

Choose to update the PS4. ( My PS4 displayed that it was always up to date whenever i went to the system update menu in the settings so this is either and reinstallation of an update or somehow an update was missed somewhere along the line.)

Let it download and install the update - my file was around 280MB.

Hey presto, i can party chat and join lobbys with my friends again.

• Administrators

If anyone is suffering from this issue - i finally solved the problem.

Turn off the Ps4 using the button on the front of the unit - hold it down until its switched off.

Hold the power button down again until you have heard TWO beeps from the playstation then let go.

Connect your controller via a USB cable and press the PS button.

This will take you to the PS4 safe mode screen where there are several options available.

Choose to update the PS4. ( My PS4 displayed that it was always up to date whenever i went to the system update menu in the settings so this is either and reinstallation of an update or somehow an update was missed somewhere along the line.)

Let it download and install the update - my file was around 280MB.

Hey presto, i can party chat and join lobbys with my friends again.

Great thanks for updating us with the solution! I'll close this thread as it's now been resolved :)

Archived