Drastic loss of speed

Hey everyone.  I just received my Netduma and have been setting everything up.  I'm having very little luck with it though.  My usual speed from my Arris 1640a modem/router from Bright House Networks usually runs a brisk 150mbs or higher download and about 20mbs upload.  I'm running 5mbs to 35mbs download and 10 to 12mbs upload with the Netduma.  Sometimes my ping is higher than my download speeds.

I have put the Netduma in my isp's DMZ and have gone through all the set up's more than a few times.  I'm not showing hosts when I play COD3.  I set up Host Filtering but I never show any hosts on the map of the world.  I live in Florida, I know there is a host somewhere in the USA.

I also tried to put my isp's modem/router into bridged mode because it has the option to bridge it.  I also saw that my isp's wireless is still broadcasting and I thought it would cause a problem with a bunch of signals flying around my house. So I put my isp in Bridged Mode.  All that did was freeze up my whole system.  I had to manually reset the isp's modem by pressing the reset button that took it back to factory settings. 

I don't think all of the devices on my internet are showing up on the Congestion Control flower either.

I am at a loss.  I have just enough skills to be dangerous so I am trying to be cautious and not screw everything up.  Any help with these issues would be really appreciated.  I have a few flat mates who are getting tired of me screwing up the internet with this new modem too.  I'm sure they would thank you

also.

Sincerely,

BludWurm

• Administrators

Hey! Are you on the newest version, 1.03.5m? For speeds follow this and for things not appearing on the map follow this.

If bridge mode is an issue, put R1 in the DMZ and disable the wireless on the hub. Your devices will only appear if they are all connected to the duma. If some are still connected to the hub they will not appear.

I am on the newest update.  I started to see some hosts, finally.  I didn't really do anything but refresh the page to the Netduma.  I also installed Chrome.  I didn't know the modem was optimised for Crome. I must have missed it.

I am still having problems though.  I'm either getting games in BO3 where I look like I have a modded controller (I kill everyone I see and don't die), or I get into a game where I couldn't buy a kill.  A lot of times I can't even get a full room and it is just me and 3 other blokes.

I have not figured out how to do anything with the hosts, ie: block a host.  I have not been able to add any of my friends or my clan either.  I have followed instructions, but nothing seems to happen.

When I run a Trace it always runs from my house in Florida, to Kansas, 1150 miles away, from Kansas to Washington, maybe another 2000 miles then it either goes back to Kansas or New York.  The ping is somewhere near 200.  I can't change this even when it isn't showing up on my host list if I press Trace it goes that route.  I'm starting to think the Netduma isn't right for me.

• Administrators

I am on the newest update.  I started to see some hosts, finally.  I didn't really do anything but refresh the page to the Netduma.  I also installed Chrome.  I didn't know the modem was optimised for Crome. I must have missed it.

I am still having problems though.  I'm either getting games in BO3 where I look like I have a modded controller (I kill everyone I see and don't die), or I get into a game where I couldn't buy a kill.  A lot of times I can't even get a full room and it is just me and 3 other blokes.

I have not figured out how to do anything with the hosts, ie: block a host.  I have not been able to add any of my friends or my clan either.  I have followed instructions, but nothing seems to happen.

When I run a Trace it always runs from my house in Florida, to Kansas, 1150 miles away, from Kansas to Washington, maybe another 2000 miles then it either goes back to Kansas or New York.  The ping is somewhere near 200.  I can't change this even when it isn't showing up on my host list if I press Trace it goes that route.  I'm starting to think the Netduma isn't right for me.

If you're not getting a full room it sounds like you may be restricting the search too much. What are your Geo-filter settings? 

If you have followed the instructions and added/denied then they will appear as white circles in the deny&allow section. 

I wouldn't pay attention to the trace it isn't accurate. Pay attention to the ping. Is that the ping to the host?

If you're not getting a full room it sounds like you may be restricting the search too much. What are your Geo-filter settings? 

If you have followed the instructions and added/denied then they will appear as white circles in the deny&allow section. 

I wouldn't pay attention to the trace it isn't accurate. Pay attention to the ping. Is that the ping to the host

I thought I may have had it restricted too much so I raised my ping settings and played around with that.  I also changed my distance to host settings.  Nothing helped either I would have to wait forever to get in a room where i looked like a cheater or I got into a room where it seemed everyone else was cheating.  I was also keeping an eye on my Ping and the bad games were consistently over 150 or much higher.  I'm always connected to the same host in Kansas.  I moved my location too Russia and it still made the Kansas host my host.  I still haven't figured out how to add or deny any hosts.  I tried to add my clan members too by going into a private game and inviting them, but they never show up on the map for me to add.  I am pretty good with this kind of stuff usually but I am stuck.

My geo filter always starts with km on and I have to click it to get back to mi.  Is there any to just set it to Mi so I don't have to click it every time I do anything?

Go to settings misc and tick enable cookies BludWurm.

• Administrators

I thought I may have had it restricted too much so I raised my ping settings and played around with that.  I also changed my distance to host settings.  Nothing helped either I would have to wait forever to get in a room where i looked like a cheater or I got into a room where it seemed everyone else was cheating.  I was also keeping an eye on my Ping and the bad games were consistently over 150 or much higher.  I'm always connected to the same host in Kansas.  I moved my location too Russia and it still made the Kansas host my host.  I still haven't figured out how to add or deny any hosts.  I tried to add my clan members too by going into a private game and inviting them, but they never show up on the map for me to add.  I am pretty good with this kind of stuff usually but I am stuck.

Can you provide screenshots from this please and I'll be best able to advise. 

• Administrators

Well per these screenshots, the device you're using is not enabled. "enable" means disable. So enable that straight away and put PA to 0. 

Your base ping is fluctuating from around 29-43 fairly often which will cause spikes when playing.

Put 70/70 on anti-flood when gaming to eliminate any local congestion

• Administrators

Okay so the pings in the 40's look fine as per your base ping and it's fluctuations. For the ones that are 150 it looks like it is that specific host as it looks pretty steady. Move your home/radius to avoid it. Wait for Geo to clear and search again to ensure you don't get it

Okay,  but I am still getting a crap speed when I use speedtest.net   I am paying for 150mbs and getting 20mbs if I am lucky.  My ping is usually higher than my download speed.  If I go back to my isp's router/modem I get much higher speeds.  It still sucks when I play COD BO3 and my shots don't register  because I live in a house with a lot of internet usage.  That's why I bought the Netduma, to get rid of the congestion, but it seems I am trading off all of my speed.  Some games with the Netduma I can really tell the difference.  My shots count and I score what I should.  Other times I will feel that I am overpowered during a game and then the very next game with the same people and map I will lose horribly.  Going from one game where I am 33 and 3 to the next and I get 3 to 33 is odd to say the least.

Today I lost all internet for some reason and had to reset my Isp's modem/router and re-do the install for the Netduma.  I was wondering if I should place my Isp's modem into bridged mode.  Here is a screenshot from speedtest.net.  This is a wired connection straight to the Netduma.  http://imgur.com/1YxquhU

Plug your laptop sererately in to both the Duma and your ISP provider router with an ethernet cable and the check the speeds.

For some reason I have the same issue, if I do a wifi speed test the Duma is always half the speed yet I feel no difference in performance, yet if I plug my laptop via ethernet the speed tests are virtually identical

Archived