Open Nat - still cant party chat or join friends due to Nat restriction

Cant actually get into any sort of game lobby together to do the process of adding friend to whitelist. Another problem thats started is im getting in games with 13-33ms and then the entire match its spiking to 150ms+  constantly.Not changed anything to affect this that im aware of. First day using geofilter was awesome but now every game is horrible.

also - i dont know if should do another thread for this or post all my issues here! When you rate hosts with the red and green triangles i put a host all the way to red and updated it so i never play with them again. Thing is now the bars full red all the time and i cant lower it or increase the green even  D:

Can we get a full match history of Ms rate afterwards does anyone know?

Also how do you know if a hosts been succesfully blocked? Slide bar into majority red and click update. Nothing happens. Meant to be like that?

P.s Erratic Ping in matches is getting worse. Can physically see players lagging when theyre moving. Every single game atm is doing this.

ALSO no matter what i do host filtering keeps showing the host in the same location over and over regardless of how many matches i join and leave. Because of this i cant see who the actual current host is so i cant accept/deny any hosts!

Should i js put this back in the box for now and try again in a few months?!

( Was meant to be a screenshot here but im not entirely sure what extension is allowed on this community. Everything i tried wasnt allowed )

Big red circle is the host i connect to regardless of distance set or strict mode. whenever matchmaking this circle expands and is the largest on the map everytime ( aka host ).

No idea if this has anything to do with the insane lag spikes im getting in every single game. If it wasnt such a hassle to re-add all my houses devices everytime id just go back to normal router for now -_-  driving me insane playing with these spikes.

ALSO maybe its due to 2x tokens weekend but now im even losing connection to Psn at the end of matches!

• Administrators

Can we get a full match history of Ms rate afterwards does anyone know?

Also how do you know if a hosts been succesfully blocked? Slide bar into majority red and click update. Nothing happens. Meant to be like that?

P.s Erratic Ping in matches is getting worse. Can physically see players lagging when theyre moving. Every single game atm is doing this.

ALSO no matter what i do host filtering keeps showing the host in the same location over and over regardless of how many matches i join and leave. Because of this i cant see who the actual current host is so i cant accept/deny any hosts!

Should i js put this back in the box for now and try again in a few months?!

• No you can't, with PC games you can (if supported) 
  • It will appear as a white circle in deny & allow at the percentage you set it. You can click that circle to double check the name you gave it. 
  • Ensure you have auto&bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied. Keep strict mode on, ping assist at 0 and 1000km radius at least. You can also move your home location if you get a bad host to avoid it and find another.
  • The best way to allow your friend

( Was meant to be a screenshot here but im not entirely sure what extension is allowed on this community. Everything i tried wasnt allowed )

Big red circle is the host i connect to regardless of distance set or strict mode. whenever matchmaking this circle expands and is the largest on the map everytime ( aka host ).

No idea if this has anything to do with the insane lag spikes im getting in every single game. If it wasnt such a hassle to re-add all my houses devices everytime id just go back to normal router for now -_-  driving me insane playing with these spikes.

ALSO maybe its due to 2x tokens weekend but now im even losing connection to Psn at the end of matches!

You can use something like imgur. Ensure you follow this to make sure the Geo-filter doesn't show things weirdly. 

Double XP weekends are notorious for the connections not being as good due to the influx of players.

gkrg572.png?1Big red circle means host right? This particular host/circle is always the largest like in the image everytime that i enter a game. No matter how many times ai leave and rejoin or reset the R1 or my own router. I cant actually get any of my friends into ANY game lobby of any sort to perform the adding friends to whitelist thing.

That big circle looks like the dedicated server on the south coast, I connect to that 99% of the time.

You cannot rate a dedicated server.

Are you waiting 2 minutes when making changes for the anti cheat feature to stop kicking in?

Sometimes When I cannot connect to friends state side (in chat)we simply go to main mp menu and click on each others circle, then click on update and wait two minutes. This usually works a treat.

The reason you sometimes have to re add friends is because some ISP give you a dynamic IP address which can change when you re boot etc.

That big circle appears everytime i join any match and only when i join a match. It appears in the same place every single time no matter how i alter my search settings. The big circle is meant to be host - if it appears in the same place every single time no matter what i believe it to be an error. Yes your right i also cant rate it so its possible it is a dedicated server. Im also getting the worst laggiest matches of my life with it.

Starting at 13-20ms it spikes to 80-200ms constantly throughout the game. I cant actually add a single friend to begin with - they cannot join ANY game lobby i join and vice versa. So that means i cant add them to whitelist fullstop.

Are you waiting 2 minutes when making changes for the anti cheat feature to stop kicking in?

Sometimes When I cannot connect to friends state side (in chat)we simply go to main mp menu and click on each others circle, then click on update and wait two minutes. This usually works a treat.

I have no idea of this which you speak of or clicking on circles and update on main multiplayer menu? xD

• Administrators

Your radius is incredibly small. As I said move your home location, strict on, PA at 0 and you will avoid it. Recommend at least 1000km.

When you invite a friend and they try to join do you see anything being blocked?

Cant test the friend thing atm. As for the other things 2k+ radius and moved home location to up in scotland ( needs to be further? ) Strict on and assist at 0 like always :D  Aaaannnd still getting the same host over and over according to the map  :[

I have no hosts allowed only 1 maybe 2 denied that i cant seem to reverse? Is it worth mentioning that the load time for the Netduma router pages is greatly reduced since the upgrade to .5?

Lag spikes after joining match still persists and i can see a physical lock up or stutter of the game every now and then accompanying them.

There is an anti cheat feature built into the software which means after any changes you make on your geo filter or settings etc it takes 2 minutes to take effect.

So if you are in a bad lobby and you leave and change your settings to avoid that server if you try and join a game within 2 minutes you could possibly join the same server.

If you see a circle on the map that is one of your friends you can rate and update with the lower features of the host pages. I use this to mainly ban people who are gobshites from joining my lobby.

Oh you cant join, no idea why, bye. lol

• Administrators

Cant test the friend thing atm. As for the other things 2k+ radius and moved home location to up in scotland ( needs to be further? ) Strict on and assist at 0 like always :D  Aaaannnd still getting the same host over and over according to the map  :[

I have no hosts allowed only 1 maybe 2 denied that i cant seem to reverse? Is it worth mentioning that the load time for the Netduma router pages is greatly reduced since the upgrade to .5?

Lag spikes after joining match still persists and i can see a physical lock up or stutter of the game every now and then accompanying them.

If you're covering that host with your 2k radius which it sounds like you probably are you're still able to connect to it. Move your location to Europe, about 1000km radius with strict on and PA at 0 and you won't connect to it. 

You can reverse them by clicking them and clicking reset in the box that appears. Thats a good thing if the UI is faster.

Are you using congestion control? 

Yes Congestion control on my Ps4 has by far the highest priority around 70 while all other devices share the rest. I have tried setting the sliders to the reccomended amount while gaming too but it isnt affecting the spikes that ive been aware of.

Think im going to call it a day on this, every single game i get is the worst ive ever had. When i change locations i just seem to land another dedicated host where its just as bad. Its probably not even the hosts that are affecting me atm but the lag spikes i get non-stop every match. Day one of Netduma i was in matches and staying around 20ms the entire time and it was great but its gone downhill since. I dont have the patience to play games like Bo3 when theres issues handicapping me ( Im competitive and get annoyed really fast! lol ) I think the issue Nat issue with friends on the same open Nat type 2 unable to join me is a Ps4 thing and not a Netduma thing btw.

So thanks for all the help guys and i wish you the best of luck, hopefully see you again alittle down the road.

• Administrators

You should keep device prioritisation reset and applied for this version as there is a bug but it will be fixed in the next version. So just use 70/70 sliders. 

If you're still getting spikes it could be an ISP issue, would recommend running ping plotter over different days/times to see if you can see some issues.

We can do a 1 on 1 if you like, would hate to see you unhappy with the product when there maybe more we can do with the settings. PM me and we can schedule :)

I was having these issues all the time and connecting to the US when im located in the UK.

Here is what i did with help from Crossy.

Set my home location to bang on where I live.

Set distance to 1000 miles

Strict mode on

Ping Assist set at 0

Sliders to 70% (Im messing with bufferbloat right now but ignore that)

Another one that caught me out was I had the game running when I was making the change and for some reason it was not updating, because my console was on I then thought nothing is working every time i made a tweak.

Turn off the console and make the changes, wait 2 minutes and then switch on just to be safe!

This does work and I have good games 90% of the time.

If you are still getting spikes then it is your ISP and not the R1.

I know how frustrating it is when it does not work how you want it. Get the issues sorted and you will have some amazing games with this device.

Good Luck.

Hi i have been trying my best to figure out whats going wrong for awhile.At the moment i have my isp sort  of admit to some fault in firmware which is affecting me partying with friends or chatting with them. Whether that affects ping or not im not sure. At the moment im on a cable connection ( new cable ) and when i use Geofilter i have ping assist to 0 so i presume im joining to matches with the best connection for me. When i check peer ping there are always 1-3 people with 3-4 times the ping of everyone else in the lobby and they proceed to dominate the match. When i dont use Geofilter this happens MUCH less frequently. Is this just coincidence or am i really unlucky ect? Im guessing theres not alot of things we can do about peers connections + 80% of the time im put into a match in progress where everyone obviously left because of some guy with horrible connection/host whos 35-2 and everyone else in the game including his own team are in negative K/d's!  lol

Archived