what's a fair price for consistant uninterupted fun?

toby jugs

£149.99 / €194.99 / $199.99

just three <1kd games in a week even when experimenting.... and only one of those was sober.

not felt the urge to quit a single lobby even when faced down by skilled parties while running alone.

i am a middle aged average player at best and now i have a place to go where i don't get chewed up and spat out by players 20-30yrs younger on a regular basis.

I took a sceptical 150 quid punt on product i don't even fully understand, if you're reading this and still deliberating on a purchase take another look at the thread title.

anti-rant over

just three <1kd games in a week even when experimenting.... and only one of those was sober.

not felt the urge to quit a single lobby even when faced down by skilled parties while running alone.

i am a middle aged average player at best and now i have a place to go where i don't get chewed up and spat out by players 20-30yrs younger on a regular basis.

I took a sceptical 150 quid punt on product i don't even fully understand, if you're reading this and still deliberating on a purchase take another look at the thread title.

anti-rant over

welcome to my world lol, :)

It's crazy that is the smallest router I've ever owned but the range is incredible. I have about 20 devices connected to it, only about 10 being used at a time. My home is not a small one and all of my n devices get the signal anywhere in my home and even my basement. 

Lets face it this thing is a part of gaming history

Buds when DLM hit me and i went to 34ms ping , the games were just the same as 16ms , lag comp sorts that out, took 2 days to get back to 24 then another two to get back to 16.

Lets face it this thing is a part of gaming history

Buds when DLM hit me and i went to 34ms ping , the games were just the same as 16ms , lag comp sorts that out, took 2 days to get back to 24 then another two to get back to 16.

I'm back down to 27ms mate (should get back to my 16ms fastpath soonish). DLM is already off the US and coming down on the DS.

Going to re-work everything tomorrow to get rid of nest of cables around routers and then grab new Netduma update when I am offline. PC has been on 3 days straight grabbing stats etc of the modem and all looks to be improving again after the HH5 issues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

I bought the cores that snap around cables but they do the same thing.

You see them on vga / dvi cables etc to stop interference.

I might be going over board but i dont want to go back to interleaved again haha. I got 10 from amazon for 4.99 7mm they fit around wall wart power supply cables and rj11 just right as they have a slight grip on each end which snuggly hugs the cable.

I'm back down to 27ms mate (should get back to my 16ms fastpath soonish). DLM is already off the US and coming down on the DS.

Going to re-work everything tomorrow to get rid of nest of cables around routers and then grab new Netduma update when I am offline. PC has been on 3 days straight grabbing stats etc of the modem and all looks to be improving again after the HH5 issues

I'm unfamiliar with the acronyms that are being used here. DLM, DS.... Is there something out there to help me get my ping below 30ms on average that I don't know about??

Im in DLM at the moment :( as i was put on a new line a week or so ago hopefully i will get on fastpath very soon. My ping is at 34 at the moment where i was at 8-9 before the line change, DSL log below if your interested :).

8ea8fe565b.png

Im in DLM at the moment :( as i was put on a new line a week or so ago hopefully i will get on fastpath very soon. My ping is at 34 at the moment where i was at 8-9 before the line change, DSL log below if your interested :).

8ea8fe565b.png

Something squiffed mate reading that. You attenuation should give you a much higher sync rate but your SNR is right on the line at 6.1db on the DS. How far are you from your FTTC cabinet?

Actually I am assuming you are UK based but perhaps not so if not ignore me :D

US up sync rate

DS down sync rate

DLM dynamic line management, BT's line management to keep a line stable which can result in a higher snrm (signal to noise margin) and interleaving levels that increase's ping because of error correcting, there are different depth's thats why we see 34 , 24, 16 etc 16 being fastpath (no interleaving) for me due to location.

Something squiffed mate reading that. You attenuation should give you a much higher sync rate but your SNR is right on the line at 6.1db on the DS. How far are you from your FTTC cabinet?

Actually I am assuming you are UK based but perhaps not so if not ignore me :D

Yes im in Uk, Long story short i was getting 34-35mbps down and 8mbps up but gept getting CRC errors so BT came and tested my line and said there was 2 faults and some deterioration on the line so he went to my exchange and put me on a new line, this was about a week ago so i assume DLM is still running as my path mode is  interleaved. Now i am on the speeds you see above with about a 34ms ping where as before i was getting 8-9ms ping. I have messed with some settings in the router as adviced over on Overclockers.com so now im just gonna leave it to re-sync after DLM finishes, i have been told that powering down the router for about half an hour could improve my speed as it wont be seen as a fault or re-boot.

Yeah the speed loss will be from a level 3 interleave.

Leave the modem or modem/router on, DLM can be funny about turn off's I went to 24 turned off for 30 mins rebooted and the same night DLM put me up another notch of interleaving to 34 for the pleasure. I wont be doing that again.

anti-rant over

I bought the duma 1 week before Christmas for the lower starting price,at the time I was torn between the duma and a scuf controller oh how made the right decision

Archived