1 Gig fiber? yes please!

corrosiveguy

I seen a lot of technicians on my street lately and asked them what they were working on, and they said Fiber Optic internet service. I will be getting fiber straight to the home with a speed of 1 gig down, 250 up. Currently we have Time Warner Cable internet at 50 down, 5 up. I imagine my own fiber line will be much better. I cannot wait.

I won't have any need for the congestion control anymore but will continue to use my DUMA for the geo filter. I am already connecting to PS4 dedis in Chicago and Kansas City with between a 25ms- 30ms ping. So I imagine that will be much better.

I was thinking about purchasing this to go with my DUMA, and using the DUMA as a geo filter only. This router has a connection to a Gamers private network.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Tri-Band-Gigabit-Router-RT-AC88U/dp/B016EWKQAQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452789906&sr=1-4&keywords=asus+router

Just want a router that can broadcast the 1 gig speeds to my AC devices.

• Administrators

I am oozing with jealousy! For your speeds it would definitely be a good router. The private network you're referring to, from what I understand is a VPN of sorts. Applying a VPN will always add latency but I haven't used it so I can't say anything about it's affectiveness

I am oozing with jealousy! For your speeds it would definitely be a good router. The private network you're referring to, from what I understand is a VPN of sorts. Applying a VPN will always add latency but I haven't used it so I can't say anything about it's affectiveness

http://www.microcenter.com/product/443759/RT-AC3200_AC3200_Tri-Band_Wireless_Gigabit_Router

I am leaning toward this one. It has a hardware based NAT.. With 1 Gig fiber to the house. May not need that Gamer's private Network. And I dont there is much console support for it at the moment.

I am drooling, they can't come install it quick enough.

1000Mbps down and 250Mbps up, wow I am jelly. :)

​Just keep in mind that for games (especially if you play BO3) this won't automatically mean you'll be the very best player in the lobb(ies).

​Don't get me wrong, if your ping is low and I mean real low and steady (no jitter) then you may really enjoy BO3. :)

​Either way, congrats and enjoy.

1000Mbps down and 250Mbps up, wow I am jelly. :)

​Just keep in mind that for games (especially if you play BO3) this won't automatically mean you'll be the very best player in the lobb(ies).

​Don't get me wrong, if your ping is low and I mean real low and steady (no jitter) then you may really enjoy BO3. :)

​Either way, congrats and enjoy.

I am not a great player but average around 30-35 kills in domination and 15-20 deaths. SPM just under 400. But a low ping will certainly help the what the crap moments.

Damn another member getting fiber,that's great and I'm happy for you.

But I too am jealous as I have it all the way around my house in 4 directions with in a half a mile but not to my door yet... :angry:

There's actually a rumor Time Warner is coming through with 300. They max at 50 right now (which is usually plenty around here) but if they did 300 I'd probably bite. I'd even give up regular cable TV just to have that.

There's actually a rumor Time Warner is coming through with 300. They max at 50 right now (which is usually plenty around here) but if they did 300 I'd probably bite. I'd even give up regular cable TV just to have that.

As a former Network Engineer for TWC, that is correct. They call it TWC MAX, and it would push 300 down 50 up I think. The core network is in place to have the capicity. But it requires line upgrades, or field upgrades before they can push it out.

As a former Network Engineer for TWC, that is correct. They call it TWC MAX, and it would push 300 down 50 up I think. The core network is in place to have the capicity. But it requires line upgrades, or field upgrades before they can push it out.

I remember about 10 or so years ago they came through and upgraded all the lines for the Roadrunner. I'm waiting to see that again for this. Psyched.

Archived