New website member trying to figure out if I should buy.

BludWurm

​Hello everyone.  I just signed up and am trying to find out if this modem is:

​1. Worth it?

​2. Will work with my set up. Two xbox one's, three 360's. two laptops(one for gaming). one PC(for gaming), and three smart phones?

​3. Is the Netduma wireless?

​4. Can I use the Netduma with Brighthouse and it's crappy Arris1670a modem/wireless router?

5.  Will the Netduma address my problem with running two xbox one's at once?  Lot's of lag and strict NAT issues.

​Any help with these questions will be appreciated.  I am also checking for answers on my own.

​1. Worth it?

​2. Will work with my set up. Two xbox one's, three 360's. two laptops(one for gaming). one PC(for gaming), and three smart phones?

​4. Can I use the Netduma with Brighthouse and it's crappy Arris1670a modem/wireless router?

5.  Will the Netduma address my problem with running two xbox one's at once?  Lot's of lag and strict NAT issues.

​Any help with these questions will be appreciated.  I am also checking for answers on my own.

Hi there and welcome.  Let's see what I can answer for you...

1.  Yes, I truly believe it was worth the price.  I have purchased more than one and believe it has given me a lot of very good games.  The overall quality of life improvement for Mrs JD has gone up exponentially thanks to Congestion Control.

2. I don't have all that stuff for gaming, but I have (4) consoles where I need the Duma and two others that aren't that important (Wii U) for the Duma effect.  I know a lot of guys are super technical here, so I would be surprised if there were a limitation to number of devices being problematic

3. Yes

4. - I have no idea on this one outside of the fact that there is a known issue with the Duma and one of the router makers.  I don't think it was Asus, but Crossy knows for sure.

5. I am tempted to just answer yes, but NAT issues have been problematic lately, especially with BO3.  I would say wait for someone a little more in tune with the specifics for an answer on this one.

Hope that helps.

JD

​1. Worth it?

Overall, the answer is yes for anyone who is truly a "serious" gamer... (By the sounds of what you just listed.. you fall into that category! Lol so yes It would totally be worth it to alone just prioritize your devices for better connect.)

One question for you however would be what is your current Bandwidth?

I also like Talby, have like 20 devices connect to my netduma.. but I don't have them all going at once obliviously. Its all honestly going to depend on what your ISP is giving you. If you only have like 20down/2up, it is going to be extremely difficult to split such little room to work with. But, If you have like 100down/100up you will be golden and it will help.

Thanks JD and Anonbleach.  My dwnload is over 150 and upload is around 30.  That is what is so frustrating when I get lag.  I have to leave games in BO3 because my guy can't move.  I always end up getting shot to death after putting three in someone's back too.  bumms me out!

Thanks JD and Anonbleach.  My dwnload is over 150 and upload is around 30.  That is what is so frustrating when I get lag.  I have to leave games in BO3 because my guy can't move.  I always end up getting shot to death after putting three in someone's back too.  bumms me out!

Yea I feel you there brother.. its the worst when it gets like that.. But yes, you should have plenty of bandwidth the evenly disperse! Once you get it eveyone will help out to help you get the best settings possible!

IMO it's definitely worth it.Tons of features you can't get anywhere else and if your a gamer,it will become your favorite gaming toy.

And this is a great place for information,tons of really smart people all willing to help you out if you need it and second to none as far as customer service goes.

What you need to figure out is if the router will fit your needs and know what it can and can't do.Then your decision to but or not will become relatively easy.

That is what is so frustrating when I get lag.  I have to leave games in BO3 because my guy can't move.

There are a few reasons for this.

You should check your line for packet loss and high pings if this is the case.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

You can try the pro version for 30 then it reverts to the free.

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go.

Do not use the inet while the test is runing , test off peak and peak times to check for ISP congestion/contention.

It may not be this and it is another user on your network streaming or downloading in which case the congestion control set to 70% upload and download will give you a 30% bandwidth buffer so they do not lag you and stop bufferbloat (saturation at full speed)

Or it may be a far away host which you can remedy with the geo-filter.

There are a few reasons for this.

You should check your line for packet loss and high pings if this is the case.

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

You can try the pro version for 30 then it reverts to the free.

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go.

Do not use the inet while the test is runing , test off peak and peak times to check for ISP congestion/contention.

It may not be this and it is another user on your network streaming or downloading in which case the congestion control set to 70% upload and download will give you a 30% bandwidth buffer so they do not lag you and stop bufferbloat (saturation at full speed)

Or it may be a far away host which you can remedy with the geo-filter.

Thanks,  I downloaded it now I'm just trying to figure it out. lol

Type 8.8.8.8 into target and press go

Then it will trace and ping you're nearest google server show and log it along the bottom and give you a live trace at the top.

Well, I logged in to my Arris Modem/Router and went ovver to LAN Settings, then I scrolled down to NAT.  Clicked on the NAT Mode drop down menu there I have three choices: 1. Rounted with NAT  2. Routed without NAT and 3. Bridged.  I clicked on Bridged and everything froze.  I had to reset my Arris by holding down the little reset button in the hole for 30 seconds.  I'm back online now as you can see, but when I run a speed test I'm getting around a 35mbs download on my speedtest when I used to be over 150mbs.

Well, I logged in to my Arris Modem/Router and went ovver to LAN Settings, then I scrolled down to NAT.  Clicked on the NAT Mode drop down menu there I have three choices: 1. Rounted with NAT  2. Routed without NAT and 3. Bridged.  I clicked on Bridged and everything froze.  I had to reset my Arris by holding down the little reset button in the hole for 30 seconds.  I'm back online now as you can see, but when I run a speed test I'm getting around a 35mbs download on my speedtest when I used to be over 150mbs.

I'm not sure why everything froze. May be your ISP can assist with placing it into bridge mode. Another option is can you place the R1 into the combo modem/router dmz? Can you try that?

Archived