Can't add host to deny list

Playing Destiny on PS4.  Frequently I will get connected to hosts outside my geo filter and when I click on the host on the geomap I don't have the option to rate them (so I can add to the blacklist).  I can move the slider but the Update button doesn't appear.

In COD games that happens when you are on dedicated server. And you cant block dedicated server at least in that game. Now I thought that Destiny is a P2P lest see what others have to say. 

There are no dedicated servers in Destiny PvP.

The issue is sporadic.  Some hosts I can add to blacklist, some I can't.   In one particular case the host was obviously the guy in the UK because everyone else was inside my geofilter in the USA pretty close to me and we all had crap pings in the game.   Yet the Netduma interface wouldn't let me block this guy.

• Administrators

There are no dedicated servers in Destiny PvP.

The issue is sporadic.  Some hosts I can add to blacklist, some I can't.   In one particular case the host was obviously the guy in the UK because everyone else was inside my geofilter in the USA pretty close to me and we all had crap pings in the game.   Yet the Netduma interface wouldn't let me block this guy.

In fact there are dedicated servers in Destiny. In some cases if you are blocking a person they will connect to a dedicated server that you can connect to so they can still join the game

This is not correct.  Destiny has no dedicated servers for PvP.  One must only browse the Destiny subreddit to see the people clamoring for Bungie to add them to the game because of the atrocious lag caused by matchmaking people from all over the world into the same game.   Even if they did have dedicated servers, Bungie's datacenter is in Las Vegas, and the hosts I am getting connected to are in the UK.    Need a fix for this please.  I can provide host IDs or whatever other info you might need.

• Administrators

This is not correct.  Destiny has no dedicated servers for PvP.  One must only browse the Destiny subreddit to see the people clamoring for Bungie to add them to the game because of the atrocious lag caused by matchmaking people from all over the world into the same game.   Even if they did have dedicated servers, Bungie's datacenter is in Las Vegas, and the hosts I am getting connected to are in the UK.    Need a fix for this please.  I can provide host IDs or whatever other info you might need.

You can disagree with me if you like but the fact is they do have dedicated servers. They are not used consistently but in the above scenario I gave they are used. I understand what you're saying but as an example people who play CoD keep asking for dedicated servers and yet don't realise that actually the majority of the game runs on them.

They can have dedicated servers all over, it doesn't have to restricted to where their data centre lies. 

If you can provide me with IDs that will be useful thank you. 

• Administrators

Is the ID provided one of the ones you couldn't rate? If so then it makes sense as it is a MS dedicated server located in Ireland. 

That makes sense if you are connecting to it with strict off as it is likely someone who is being blocked is connecting through that dedicated server.

• 2 weeks later...

Question... why can't dedicated servers be blocked? At the very least why can't I force my router to NEVER connect to a host outside of my geo filter range? The dedicated servers are just terrible for me. The Kansas servers are sometimes ok but that's hit or miss really. Where I live I need to be able to restrict my connections to something geographically closer. Yeah it's a pain to find a match sometimes, but it's so worth it because the ping will be considerably lower than servers 2118 miles away. I love my netduma so far, but man I wish I could force it to not connect to servers sooo far away.

Archived