NetDuma Stealth Mode Issue/Query

Hi,

I recently got a NetDuma and have updated the firmware to 1.03.5m and managed to get it all running relatively smoothly so far. 

The problem I have is I enabled Stealth Mode which I assumed would make the router more secure to port scans and other requests but upon testing on GRC and other sites it is failing because they are receiving a standard ping response. Is there a setting I need to also tick to stop this from happening as its not very stealthy when someone can ping my WAN address and get a response from it.  

As I said I don't know if there's an issue with Stealth mode or a configuration change that is needed on my end or maybe it is meant to do this.  It could also be the fact that I am misunderstanding what this mode does because as I said it is responding to pings and I would rather it never done this. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Are you talking about that Sheilds Up Test on GRC? Is that the one that is failing?

Yes it is the GRC one and I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about. I normally do this test when I get any router to make sure it is configured correctly, the first test I done had all the ports showing as closed until I ticked Stealth mode, but the second test still failed because of a ping response. Every router I have had in the past has easily passed this as it is an old test but if NetDuma is responding to a basic ping request whilst in Stealth mode it makes it not very stealthy. 

Again it might be a bug in the firmware that needs sorting or a missing feature like A7Legit mentioned but I wasn't sure if it might also be a configuration issue.  I understand its early doors regarding this router but on the security front I prefer the belt and braces approach rather than taking any chances.  

Here is the screenshot below of what I am referring to with my ip blocked out for safety measures. 

post-5850-0-53144500-1452348075_thumb.jpg

I have modem > 7800n > duma and with the 7800n set to block wan ping it was still a fail.

Since  stealth was introduced on the duma I get a pass but I still have the 7800n in-line to get this.

I have brought this up before, I am a security nut as we all should be and I would like this implemented :)

I have modem > 7800n > duma and with the 7800n set to block wan ping it was still a fail.

Since  stealth was introduced on the duma I get a pass but I still have the 7800n in-line to get this.

I have brought this up before, I am a security nut as we all should be and I would like this implemented :)

​Can we bring this forward to Iain and Fraser and maybe make it a priority for the firmware following .6?

Archived