End of the road?

Macca65

Well I have had the Duma since 1st April, and in my opinion I can see know perceivable difference when playing Ghosts, AW or BO3 or Destiny.

I am not bashing the Duma, because there is enough evidence to show that it works for some. I think I have tried every conceivable type of setting, I have followed all the instructions in the wiki for my speeds etc, tweaked the settings until I get A' in the BB etc, carried out Internet Diagnostics until I get good/exceptional results.

Set the GF to 1000kms leave the PA at 0 game ping is around 25-35 and I am still getting clobbered by people I don't see but they can see me.

It's probably the game, but Although the Duma stops me being put in lobbies miles away, when I don't use it I still experience the difficulties.

It may be my ISP, but if I can get the good, exceptional x2 and no packet loss, surley that is good enough for gaming.

I find it very frustrating when you see videos being posted of gameplay results that I can only dream about. I know I am not the worlds best ;) but I am frustrated at being last in EVERY game whether on the winning or losing side.

So my Duma brothers do I persevere, call it a day and sell the whole caboodle :) or get another hobby ;)

Do you know whether or not you have any line noise issues running Ping Plotter or the like?

I would personally never give up my Duma.  I feel it has made a great deal of difference for me personally, thus I consider it now part of my normal load out.

On the sell side, I imagine there is a decent market for it, so you might be able to offload it fairly easily.

But then what are you going to do?

Have you tried running 20 games with and 20 games without the Duma and comparing the results for your own eyes?  Not just placing, but number of engagement opportunities and percent that you win?

Having done this with some extensive settings testing I have been doing REALLY opened my eyes to the difference between what "feels" good and what works good.

At the end of the day, only you can decide if it's worth your time invested.

I would never give-up my Duma.  i know for me it made a difference, had little or no effect on my game play but increased my enjoyment in playing - better lobbies and fewer problems.  I still have trouble getting lobbies on the Xbox but no problem on the PS4. 

For what it is worth I am near the bottom most of the time - yesterday and today are the first times I finished in the Winners Circle!  But by changing my attitude and expectations I have seen my game play improve - k/d, spm and placing aren't a concern - i have found some great folks to party with and it makes all the difference.

Hope this helps as I would hate to see you hang up your KN-44!

PS: Still love the Boxer!

Persevere. Don't let it beat you. I started out playing MW3 and I would get my tail handed to me. But I kept playing. No one wants to lose but I order to have a winner someone has to lose. Find a setup that works for you and stick with it. I think the majority of lag complaints are because someone had a better loadout that we did. Remember that no one posts a bad gameplay. I'm sorry but I'm rambling now but I refuse to let this damn game beat me. And you shouldn't either. Persevere. Go into it to have fun. Don't worry about kd.

• Administrators

As well as what everyone has said here it is a case of finding what works best for you. I am happy to do a 1 on 1 with you when I am available if you PM me and I can take a look - at least for your own piece of mind. 

Hang in there Macca.But if gaming is no longer fun to you then that's another story,if your not having fun anymore then I would say find another hobby or stop playing the game for awhile.

But in the end only you know if you've had enough.

Archived