Tweaking........Nah!

I have heard/read about Bufferbloat etc so decided to see if I could get a good reading.

So spent about an hour altering CC until I achieved A+ on quality and BB.

Had a few games, ping graph was spiking continually, so did a few Internet diagnostics, results were very very poor.

Ok, terrible, bad were the majority of results ping was from 16-139, but there was no packet loss.

I just seem to be continually messing about with the settings to no avail. I am achieving the same results in game with or without the R1 seem to get laggy games either way.

So the question is. If I did a "one to one" with Fraser, or one of the other admins could they sort my settings so I could FINALLY leave them alone :)

Have you got the e after the numbers at the top right when in a pre game lobby or when you press start? Sounds like p2p connection, can I ask what server your covering as I'm from the uk also, I'm on Xbox one what about you? Tbf what ever I do on the game doesn't improve it at all, I can connect to the closest server and still feels the same as any random server with foreign players in and I didn't notice any difference making my bufferbloat and quality a+, I think it's all down to the servers being garbage, the flinch is so high it gives the opponents instant head shots and the lag comp is crippling, I've kind of given up on it with its inconsistency, nothing I do to tweak or whatever server I connect to seems to work!

Set your geo where you want it set the congestion control to 70% each way there is it no messing needed.

I have a jitter free line and it games today as it does tomorrow. If you have a low ping with a jitter free line then set and forget :)

If you want me to have a look I will be around for a short while.

That's exactly what I do, I don't get any spikes when looking at the ping bar and it's reasonable at low 20's but a lot of the times I feel a second behind still, I've also just read a post and everyone has said to turn deep packet processing off, does anyone know what it does? Mine was enabled but just turned it off, I know the router does what it's supposed to do as other games are spot on, all I'm reading lately is everyone moaning about black ops 3, surely after 3 years of development they could of sorted it out, ghosts to this day still plays better and I'm sure when they release black ops 1 on backwards compatibility that will play better than ops 3 lol

DPP is for PC gaming so yes turn it off.

The older cods have lesser skilled players playing, all the sweatys are on the new titles always and then in the MP when they release.

Sure I can take a look, PM me and we can sort something out next week :)

Will do Fraser, think we have tried before but the viewer thingy didn't work :)

Have you got the e after the numbers at the top right when in a pre game lobby or when you press start? Sounds like p2p connection, can I ask what server your covering as I'm from the uk also, I'm on Xbox one what about you? Tbf what ever I do on the game doesn't improve it at all, I can connect to the closest server and still feels the same as any random server with foreign players in and I didn't notice any difference making my bufferbloat and quality a+, I think it's all down to the servers being garbage, the flinch is so high it gives the opponents instant head shots and the lag comp is crippling, I've kind of given up on it with its inconsistency, nothing I do to tweak or whatever server I connect to seems to work!

Yeah, always get dedis on the PS4, I always connect in the French/German dedis

Set your geo where you want it set the congestion control to 70% each way there is it no messing needed.

I have a jitter free line and it games today as it does tomorrow. If you have a low ping with a jitter free line then set and forget :)

If you want me to have a look I will be around for a short while.

Done all that and more besides, it changes from game to game for me, :)

Yes too true mate, I've been playing since mw2 and I agree very sweaty these days, every lobby lobby feels like I'm playing MLG players lol sorry to be a pain would you advise turning anything else off from the misc settings? I turn all IPv6 off, VPN disconnected, bleeding edge and cloud ticked, also have upnp enable instead of port forwarding but would you also tick that on misc also or doesn't it matter, here is my setting and sorry to hijack this post and have a great new year all, pizza, few coronas and film is how I'm spending it, past going out these days too expensive hahapost-5384-0-35607900-1451585894_thumb.png

Will do Fraser, think we have tried before but the viewer thingy didn't work :)

Yeah, always get dedis on the PS4, I always connect in the French/German dedis

Done all that and more besides, it changes from game to game for me, :)

I can't connect to the French or German dedis I think they are only for ps4 so my closest is the Irish servers and it does change from game to game with me

Your misc settings are fine.

I am on the xbox Irish servers also.

The only thing that changes is the skill of players per match for me so the games are easier or tougher depending.

Have a great night :)

Your misc settings are fine.

I am on the xbox Irish servers also.

The only thing that changes is the skill of players per match for me.

Have a great night :)

And you Zennon, thanks for the offer of having a look but am going out shortly :)

If your lucky enough to have a jitter free line as Z does you can set it and forget it.

But if you have a line like mine which is all over the place as Z can attest to since he saw it first hand this morning...jitter from 20 to over 80 all day everyday and that's at off hours,forget about peak time. 

That's why I try different settings but hopefully after switching ISP's that problem will be fixed.

Archived