Try this:

1. Unplug ISP router and Netduma.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug ISP router in.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Connect Netduma.
  6. Wait 30 seconds.
  7. See if you have internet connection.
  8. If you don't is there a number after 'WAN IP' in device manager?

Thanks Crossy.  I think though, that the version on the Netduma is 1.03.3.  from what I can remember.  I'll update to the newest and see where to go from there.  1.03.5?  is the newest right?

I only had tried for an hour to get this thing going, then the kids were complaining that the network has been down too long, hahahaha.  Damn kids!  Still reading the forums, I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again for your patience.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Crossy.  I think though, that the version on the Netduma is 1.03.3.  from what I can remember.  I'll update to the newest and see where to go from there.  1.03.5?  is the newest right?

I only had tried for an hour to get this thing going, then the kids were complaining that the network has been down too long, hahahaha.  Damn kids!  Still reading the forums, I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again for your patience.

Yeah, 1.03.5m is the latest. You can upgrade to it here :) Keep us posted!

So here's the latest :

Downloaded and installed the latest firmware, 1.03.5

Have it wired like this: Modem > Netduma > PS4, Time Capsule & iMac

Switches are behind the Time Capsule.

Now what's not happening is the UI, I can't see any of the connections.  Device manager, congestion control, VPN just keep loading.  Can't see the Geo-mapping or Anti-flood controls either.

Don't know what to do next... I've rebooted countless times already.

So here's the latest :

Now what's not happening is the UI, I can't see any of the connections.  Device manager, congestion control, VPN just keep loading.  Can't see the Geo-mapping or Anti-flood controls either.

What browser are you using?

• Netduma Staff

So here's the latest :

Do you have an internet connection or not? If not lets sort that out first, then the problem with the GUI not loading :)

Good morning good sir.

Internet is working. On device manager, there is an IP and edit button. Press edit, nothing happens. Pretty much everything on the left side menu is showing the loading icon, except for the settings which are selectable. So yah, the GUI is the issue now. I'm using the iMac and I've upgraded to the El Capitan, maybe it will help? I'll check it out, just literally opened my eyes.

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it.

Sometimes you need to press the reset button on the back of the ISP modem to assign a new IP when a new device is connected.

Hey dakillah, What Mod Box said. I was dealing with a similar issue when I first got my R1. If you don't want to reset your modem, you can turn it off for an hour or so and the lease on your current IP should expire. Then follow the start up instructions. At least that's what worked for me. Stinks having to wait an hour without any guarantee it will work.

Good morning gentlemen.

Upgraded to El Capitan iOS overnight, it's pretty responsive IMO.  Safari 9.0.2 is the current version.

Now you want me to power down the Netduma to expire the IP?  or Modem?  Could there be another way to reset the IP?  What if the IP doesn't expire in an hour?  Im assuming it's the IP for the ISP?

How about a hard reset?  pulling the plug, wait 1 min to replug.

here's the latest:

I did a factory reset, upon revival I checked the firmware version, still a 1.03.5

Followed the tutorial and I saw the activity on the GUI.  Congestion control was working, network monitor, device manager.

On device manager, I did however notice that the MAC addresses are not visible anymore, only the assigned IP addresses per device.  How do you figure out which device if there is only "Nameless device"?... face palm.

I started editing the names of the recognizable devices... then this again... GUI shut me out.  Is this a bug?  Is it known?

Now what to do?  factory reset again?  OMG, my feathers are getting a little ruffled.  I'm ready to pack it in and revert to my former setup.

That's it!  When you edit the names of the devices, it faults out the GUI, I tested it out.  How do I fix this?

Also, why is the centre of my host filtering radar in Wichita, Kansas?  I'm based out of Kitchener, ON

oops, NVM.  I moved it to it's proper spot.

• Netduma Staff

In chat I looked at Dakillah's router. The problem was caused by him using the quotation mark (") symbol in the device name. 

I did it on my router and here are the errors.

This is when I was typing it into the device manager:

fa4220f4951a4bdc172016e3d752067c.png

When any page was then loaded the same error appeared:

42a8cd3c28a7ce23a1efcc93722ae97c.png

Expanding one of the dropdown (which has identical content) showed the following:

006b3e7290402d03b29fd31acb81cf28.png

So it seams to be a problem with some symbols in device names :)

The problem this causes is that to make those pages load again, the router needs to be reset because you can't access the page to remove the quotation.

Archived