Another geo filter question/issue?

• Netduma Staff

So for the last few weeks when I have the filter enabled it won't show other players that are connected to the same server. However, when the filter is disabled it will. Why is this? I know I'm getting old and forgetful but I seriously don't recall this happening before...

Are they outside of the GeoFilter?

• Netduma Staff

Yes they are outside the geo circle. But it will only show other players when the filter is off, never when it's on.

I think that's because initially they will show up as triangles then will stop showing up any-more as they are outside of the GeoFilter :)

• Administrators

Hi Zero,

It's because with Geo-Filter you've blocked them meaning they cannot be host. So they won't appear on the map after being blocked (shown as a triangle). If the Geo-Filter is off any one of them could be host resulting in a laggy game. 

I have not blocked anything. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly. What Im trying to say is when I have the geo on it will not show other players that are connected to the same server/host that I'm connected to. When the geo is disabled it will show other players connected to the sever/host that I'm connected to. I have not blocked any servers/hosts just to be clear.

• Administrators

Hi Zero,

When you have the Geo-Filter on you are blocking the other players from connecting to you, this in turn means they can't be host. So the server/host ends up being something else that they connect to. So the host is near you but the player isn't. Does that make sense?

Yes it does. I thought that if I had let's say a radius of 900miles and connect to a server within that radius it would also show other players connecting to the same server that are also within that radius/Geo-filtered area.

Do you have Strict Mode enabled or any Ping Assist set up?  because if you do those might block the other players from appearing

• Administrators

You won't always be able to see who is connecting to the dedicated server you are on. You may be able to see some inside your radius but as it is a dedicated server that is the host and therefore will more than likely be the only thing that is shown. 

When the Geo is off, you're not blocking the other players anymore so you can see them/they may just be potential hosts

Well I knew that with the geo disabled I would see all parties connected to the same host. Just recently it's started to not show anyone when it's enabled. It just seemed a little off is all. Main concern was just to make sure something wasn't wrong was all. At this point I believe this post can be closed. Thx!

Archived