Wifi isn't working on my netduma

So I just got my netduma yesterday , so I take the Ethernet cord out of my Verizon router and plug it into my netduma, then I plugged the red Ethernet cord That came with my netduma into the netduma and the Verizon router. But the wifi still isn't working when I already enabled it.. The green light by the wifi logo on the netduma isn't as bright as the lights on port 1 and port 2.. Can someone help me pls

• Netduma Staff

Yeah I'm on the latest firmware, but two people told me I should manually upgrade it but my computer won't load anything but the netduma setup site up.

So if you're on the latest firmware you are on 1.03.5m? You can confirm this by checking the version num at bottom of everypage. If you are not on that version you need to manually upgrade. See this: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/

• Netduma Staff

I seen that but I can't download the upgrade because my computer won't load anything up. I'm on my phone right now.

Only newer versions have the option to disable Wifi Workaround. Is the problem that your laptop won't connect to the internet?

• Administrators

Hi Josh,

Ignore the wifi light, it doesn't turn on the Netduma. Firstly lets get you connected to the router. On your PC you need to change the Wifi to "Netduma R1". Do you see that as one of the options? If so select it and use the password as explained on the guide that came with the Netduma.

After you're connected to the Wifi network answer the following questions please:

From there we can assist further :)

Have you rebooted your Netduma from the Misc settings reboot button?

Have you turned off both routers then turned on your Verizon leave it to fully boot up around 30 to 1min

Then turned on the Netduma and tried the internet after waiting 30 - 1 min?

• Administrators

Hi Josh, please try Zennons suggestion. Also please make sure port 1 of Netduma is plugged into port 2 of the Verizon. Then switch them both off. Turn on Verizon wait 30 seconds then turn on Netduma. Wait 2 mins then try again.

Archived