Am I missing something

I've only just upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop,it's basically a brand new hp laptop quad core and runs fine,upgraded to 10 and it constantly loses connection to the wifi,don't know if there's something here needs enabling/disabling within windows or what but it's pissing me off lol,tried a few things within the duma like changing wifi channel and wifi work around but happens after 5 mins of browsing,if I reboot the duma it comes back

Any suggestions

First things first go in to settings / privacy and turn it all off in every tab.

Then go in to settings / updates / advance / change how updates are given and turn off the p2p sharing of the updates to others.

Have a look and see if the wifi workaround is off in the Duma too.

In a recent update for windows 7 it messed up the wifi card's firmware for a Samsung laptop I have. The wifi kept on dropping out just like your explaining. I did a system restore to uninstall the update that didn't fix the problem. So I visited Samsung page to see if their was a firmware update for the network card downloaded and installed hasn't been problems since. Checking for updates on device manager didn't say that an update was available for network card.

You have 30 days to go back to previous version of windows. I made it to day 12 and went back to windows 7! I'd visit HP and see if there's a update for the network card.

• Administrators

Hi Ben,

I haven't used Windows in ages mate (other than my Dads computer right now lol). But I'd imagine if every other device is working it's either Windows or the driver. Hopefully their suggestions help :)

Archived