PS4 chat problems

If the Duma says it's ok, it sounds like something on your connection could be causing it because when the Duma does the test, it blocks all devices from using the internet :) Have you got the sliders set to 70% when you to the BB test?

I'm not sure if this is the source of your issue though.

I had them set to 100% cause I did it right before I started playing.  How could my jitter be that bad if I never lag in game?

• Netduma Staff

I had them set to 100% cause I did it right before I started playing.  How could my jitter be that bad if I never lag in game?

Not sure. Maybe the test was dodgy or something :) If you're not lagging then you don't need to worry about it.

• Netduma Staff

I'm not lagging but my mic still cuts out.  I need to find the problem and right now that is all I have to go on.

When your mic cuts out do you get any error message? Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but is the headset wired or wireless?

Iit might sound stupid,but are the cables going to your mic good.I know last year my mic was going in and out and finally figured the plug ins going from my amp to my headphones were bad,I wiggled it and mic would work,wiggle it som more and mic would cut out.

I'm not saying this is your issue but never hurts to cover all the bases.

When your mic cuts out do you get any error message? Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but is the headset wired or wireless?

It is wireless.  And I have tried 3 different headsets.  All covered in previous posts.  The audio and chat that I hear works perfectly fine but 9/10 of my friends I play with say my mic cuts out.

It is wireless.  And I have tried 3 different headsets.  All covered in previous posts.  The audio and chat that I hear works perfectly fine but 9/10 of my friends I play with say my mic cuts out.

Is it possible the wireless channel you're using with your Netduma R1 is conflicting with the wireless your headset offers?

I used to use my old Turtle Beach Earforce Tango headset for Black Ops 2 on my Xbox 360 and rarely it would conflict with my router (before I bought an R1) and by changing the wifi channel it sorted itself, maybe someone suggested this and maybe you already addressed this to another poster but if not it can't hurt to try...

Hope that helps.

Sorry KurtK24 didn't catch it was wireless.Like A7 said may be it's interference with the duma it self,try changing the channel or moving the router or your mix amp away from your router.

I have tried moving stuff around and changing channels on router, tried a different router, tried a different PS4, and it hasn't changed.

If I was getting interference wouldn't it make the audio cut out also?   I hear every piece of audio and chat perfectly.   And some people say my mic doesn't cut out for them but most people do.  I think that alone would narrow the possibilities down to a small networking issue.

If the Duma says it's ok, it sounds like something on your connection could be causing it because when the Duma does the test, it blocks all devices from using the internet :) Have you got the sliders set to 70% when you to the BB test?

I'm not sure if this is the source of your issue though.

So I blocked all other devices and ran the speed and jitter test on DSLreports.com with sliders set to 100 and 70%.  BB was still and A every time but the quality changed from a D to a C when I had the slider set to 70%.  But when I ran the jitter test I failed no matter where I set the slider.  

• 1 month later...

Just a brief update on my problem I WAS having.

After the last BO3 update my mic no longer cuts out and I can host parties now and not get kicked from parties anymore.  BO3 NAT issues must have been causing it cause I always have an OPEN Nat.

Before I would only use my geo-filter when I played solo.  Now I can use it with a full party and it works flawlessly.  3 of the 6 players were out of my filter range and there was no hiccups.

• Administrators

Just a brief update on my problem I WAS having.

After the last BO3 update my mic no longer cuts out and I can host parties now and not get kicked from parties anymore.  BO3 NAT issues must have been causing it cause I always have an OPEN Nat.

Before I would only use my geo-filter when I played solo.  Now I can use it with a full party and it works flawlessly.  3 of the 6 players were out of my filter range and there was no hiccups.

Fantastic to hear it's resolved and that it was a BO3 issue rather than a duma issue. I will now close this thread :)

Archived