UPNP or Portforwarding (Black Ops 3)

Anyone having better success using portforwarding rather than UPNP? The reason i ask is i have spent much of the day watching some snipers who appear to be playing a completely different game than me.  Im playing Black Ops 3 where if someone breathes on me i die and they are playing a game were they are able to snap on and quickscope with seemingly no lag at all.  I wonder if they don't have netduma's and they are going old school with portforwarding.

Here are the ports i have tcp/udp right now:

Am I missing anything?  Mind you have i been playing this game all week with UPNP.  Just fed up and thinking about either using port forwarding rather than UPNP or just not using the netduma at all.  Life and my k/d were better on my nighthawk.  

Now before you admins ask me the standard generic questions.  Assume this isn't my first rodeo.

***PS4***

Geo-filter typically 1000 miles

Home location Miami, FL

Ping assist 25 (typically i have 15 ping to Florida server STILL I die on sight lately)

Strict mode ticked

Bleeding edge + auto cloud

Please help.  If connection doesn't improve i will probably sell the netduma as of right now I punch my way out of a wet paper bag with scissor in my hand.  I have never lost this many gunfight in my COD career.  I have videos to prove it.  Slayer out.

I forwarded these

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Except 3074 (UDP) which is done by upnp. I don't forwarded any ports handled by upnp.

I forwarded these

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Except 3074 (UDP) which is done by upnp. I don't forwarded any ports handled by upnp.

Xbox One or PS4?  I am using PS4.  But appreciate the response.

First, reduce your radius. 1000miles is A LARGE radius. IMO might as well turn it off if you use that. Make it smaller and you'll get better results typically.

Move your location to the top of Florida and go about 500+ ish. That's my advise.

First, reduce your radius. 1000miles is A LARGE radius. IMO might as well turn it off if you use that. Make it smaller and you'll get better results typically.

Move your location to the top of Florida and go about 500+ ish. That's my advise.

Ok i just moved it and brought it way down.  That didn't use to work on AW or Ghosts but those games had low populations.  I will report back.

Xbox One or PS4?  I am using PS4.  But appreciate the response.

Anyone having better success using portforwarding rather than UPNP? The reason i ask is i have spent much of the day watching some snipers who appear to be playing a completely different game than me.  Im playing Black Ops 3 where if someone breathes on me i die and they are playing a game were they are able to snap on and quickscope with seemingly no lag at all.  I wonder if they don't have netduma's and they are going old school with portforwarding.

Here are the ports i have tcp/udp right now:

Am I missing anything?  Mind you have i been playing this game all week with UPNP.  Just fed up and thinking about either using port forwarding rather than UPNP or just not using the netduma at all.  Life and my k/d were better on my nighthawk.  

Now before you admins ask me the standard generic questions.  Assume this isn't my first rodeo.

***PS4***

Geo-filter typically 1000 miles

Home location Miami, FL

Ping assist 25 (typically i have 15 ping to Florida server STILL I die on sight lately)

Strict mode ticked

Bleeding edge + auto cloud

Please help.  If connection doesn't improve i will probably sell the netduma as of right now I punch my way out of a wet paper bag with scissor in my hand.  I have never lost this many gunfight in my COD career.  I have videos to prove it.  Slayer out.

If its only on BO3 that you're experiencing this you're fine .. its not the netduma its the game that needs framedrop and just lag patch , i play a match 25k 10d and then the next one is 7k to 28d it happens all the time . When i played AW hardcore domination i never ever had a game with more deaths than kills and now it happens every other game on BO3

I forwarded these

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

hi buck :) do you have upnp enabled and still use portforwarding (both at the same time?) 

I opened the ports suggested by Buck and now its even worse, I don"t know whether to give up on BO3 or the Duma because I also play Destiny and It doesn't seem to help their either. I will give it until the cloud update then make a decision.

yep, works for me... and disable Upnp..

the Netduma working like a champ, played 10 matches of TDM tonight, 272 kills and a 4.53 kd those 10 matches... Yeah, I'd say things are working quite well..

Nice I will definitely try this when I'm back on because alot death are killing me in this game when I see how I shoot 1st and die 1st lol never use to be like that and I'm not a bad player shit the Blops3 beta I held a 3.5kd but in present stage I can barely manage a 2.4kd lol.

80tcp

443tcp

1935tcp

3478-3480tcp

3478-3479udp

3074udp

on ps4.... open nat

First off, if I do this do I need to set up a static ip for the PS4?

When you input those into port forwarding, what ip address do you input at the bottom? The PS4 ip?

First off, if I do this do I need to set up a static ip for the PS4?

When you input those into port forwarding, what ip address do you input at the bottom? The PS4 ip?

yes, assign the ps4 a static ip, and assign those ports to that ip... if you want to try this..

• Administrators

I opened the ports suggested by Buck and now its even worse, I don"t know whether to give up on BO3 or the Duma because I also play Destiny and It doesn't seem to help their either. I will give it until the cloud update then make a decision.

What settings are you using for Destiny? You can make a new thread about this or we can do a 1 on 1 if you prefer

yes, assign the ps4 a static ip, and assign those ports to that ip... if you want to try this..

Played about 8 games with these settings and it does seem a bit better. Some guns I was getting nothing but hitmakers, but the game seemed straight up. I really can't attest many deaths to lag. Just a few. Other than that everything seems legit.

Have you tried it with UPnP and port forwarding enabled?

I saw where you got those ports to open. I'm wondering why the UPnP on the Duma doesn't open those ports as well.

One last question and I think I know the answer, for these ports to be forwarded the Duma needs to be enabled correct?

Archived