Cannot join lobbies or be joined in Black Ops 4 specifically on Xbox One

I was not sure whether I should post this on the Black Ops 4 thread or this one.  But since this might not necessarily be an issue with the game itself, I thought it best to post here.  I am having a very specific issue with Black Ops 4 on Xbox One.  For some reason I am unable to join anyone else's lobby.  In game message states that lobby is not joinable, and no one can join on me.   My network setup is as follows:

AT&T Pace 5268AC (DMZ+ Mode Enabled) from port 1 to XR500 WAN port 

• XR500 Port 1 - Win10 Laptop
  • XR500 Port 2 - Netgear Nighthawk R8000 in AP Mode (WiFi disabled, acting as secondary network switch.  Xbox One was initially connected via ethernet in this manner) 
  • XR500 Port 3 - Win10 Desktop PC
  • XR500 Port 4 - Netgear GSS108E (primary network switch)
  • XR500 Firmware 2.3.2.40

Things I've tried with no success:

• Hard reset Xbox One console
  • Try different ethernet cable from Xbox One to R8000
  • Try different ethernet cable from R8000 to XR500
  • Try different ethernet cable from Xbox One to GSS108E Switch
  • Directly connect ethernet to XR500 (UPDATE: Problem has gotten worse since XR500 factory reset.  Now unable to connect to BO4 servers at all with message stating unavailable at this time)
  • Remove any/all instances of Xbox One from XR500 Device Manager (to allow for re-detection)
  • Setting Geo Filter to Spectating Mode for Xbox One profile
  • Removing Xbox One from Geo Filter, trying without it, then re-adding it after discovering the issue still persists.
  • Factory reset XR500

Things I've tried that work:

• Connect Xbox One to XR500 via WiFi
  • Connect Xbox One to Pace 5268AC directly via ethernet

There are no issues connecting to Xbox Live.  I can do anything else BUT join lobbies or be joined on.  Before resetting XR500 (see below), I could play multiplayer and solo Blackout without any issues.  As far as I can tell, all other games function normally.  For example, I could join chat parties, and others can join me.  I could stream Netflix, Twitch, Youtube, etc.  I could surf the web via the Edge browser.  I could see all notifications (game invites, friends that are online, etc.).  All network tests pass on Xbox One, and NAT shows open.  Additionally, ports 3074 and 3075 are being correctly forwarded to the console which I can verify by viewing the UPnP table.  The only message that could possibly be considered suspect is that Xbox is telling me that it is unable to connect to Xbox Live via IPv6.  I have checked the Pace 5268AC, and the XR500.  It is enabled on the Pace, and set to auto detect on the XR500.  Every other aspect of Internet/LAN access on all other devices is fine. 

This is most confusing since when I have the console connected to XR500 via WiFi, I have no in game issues at all (as before).  As of resetting XR500, the problem has gotten worse.  I am now unable to connect to the Call of Duty BO4 servers at all via ethernet to XR500.   All else is still functioning normally.  As for the IPv6 issue, I received the same message when directly connect to the Pace 5268AC, so I can rule out the XR500 on that.  As a side note my game is a digital copy, and my home Xbox is a separate 2nd console in a different physical location.  So I know I am definitely connected to Xbox Live, otherwise I am unable to even launch the game itself.

make sure your xbox is connected directly into the XR500 and put the ip assigned by the XR500 for your xbox into the DMZ of the XR500 and that should resolve your issue. Also, make sure that the ip address of your xbox is static, this can be done in the "LAN" section of the XR500 sub-menu. 

• Administrators

As Big Dog suggested, I would try giving your Xbox a static IPv4 address. Assuming your XR500 is using it's default LAN IP, this would be something like 192.168.1.150. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and gateway would be 192.168.1.1

See if that solves the problem. Also disable IPv6 in your router's settings (>Settings >Advanced >IPv6). I don't think this is the cause but worth doing it just in case.

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

As Big Dog suggested, I would try giving your Xbox a static IPv4 address. Assuming your XR500 is using it's default LAN IP, this would be something like 192.168.1.150. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and gateway would be 192.168.1.1

See if that solves the problem. Also disable IPv6 in your router's settings (>Settings >Advanced >IPv6). I don't think this is the cause but worth doing it just in case.

So doing that does seem to have solved the problem.  However, I didn't need that before, so I am still at a loss as to why I need it now when nothing else changed.

What you're saying sort of makes sense, however the R8000 was set to AP mode, and from what I have researched, no NAT should exist if the device is set to this mode.  The GSS108E is a managed switch with no NAT features that I am aware of.  I'm not sure where the double NAT might have come from.