Strict mode

scooby

Please help I cant get into a match either alone or with friends ( im party host ) I can invite them to the lobby but if srict is ticked it starts looking for a match then we all get kicked.

If I untick no problem...wats going on

• Administrators

Strict mode blocks dedicated servers. So unticking it is effectively disabling the Geo-Filter. 

If you are the party leader it should allow your your Geo-Filter to force the server you want. The important thing is that you boot the game up with your filter set to the range you want. Moving it around confuses the game once the game is loaded (as will changing strict mode). 

So keep strict mode on, boot the game and make sure you’re the party leader and it should then be ok. 

51 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Strict mode blocks dedicated servers. So unticking it is effectively disabling the Geo-Filter. 

If you are the party leader it should allow your your Geo-Filter to force the server you want. The important thing is that you boot the game up with your filter set to the range you want. Moving it around confuses the game once the game is loaded (as will changing strict mode). 

So keep strict mode on, boot the game and make sure you’re the party leader and it should then be ok. 

I have been a netduma user for over 3yrs now using the same profile and never had a problem before .

I do exactly what you have said. My profile is set to: geofilter covering the uk.. no ping assist..strict enabled..always has been then i load the game..invite friends to party and lobby no problem..search for game then booted back to main screen with lobby disbanded but still in party.. invite part to lobby untick strict I get straight into a game. Whats changed?

• Netduma Staff
On 11/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, scooby said:

I have been a netduma user for over 3yrs now using the same profile and never had a problem before .

I do exactly what you have said. My profile is set to: geofilter covering the uk.. no ping assist..strict enabled..always has been then i load the game..invite friends to party and lobby no problem..search for game then booted back to main screen with lobby disbanded but still in party.. invite part to lobby untick strict I get straight into a game. Whats changed?

We're investigating issues like this with BO4 - nothing has changed on our end, this is the game itself evolving over time as Treyarch alter their net-code.

Strict Mode effectively blocks dedicated servers outside your radius, so it's possible that one of the servers necessary for playing in a party is being blocked. Hopefully when we update our cloud it should alleviate these issues!

23 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

We're investigating issues like this with BO4 - nothing has changed on our end, this is the game itself evolving over time as Treyarch alter their net-code.

Strict Mode effectively blocks dedicated servers outside your radius, so it's possible that one of the servers necessary for playing in a party is being blocked. Hopefully when we update our cloud it should alleviate these issues!

@simjc This may be  the problem finding lobbies on saturday's stream!