Playing with friends while QoS is on..??

K1W1 VIC

Hi everyone newbie here. Just wanna ask a quick question about playing BO4 I have just required my RX500 and set it up. Now when I go to play a game of blackout or multiplayer with a friend that lives 10mins down the road it will kick him out and my party will get disconnected. But if I turn the QoS off he can play a game and chat with me. Anyone else have this problem.

Thanks.

Yes mate I would start up geo filter before I start the game.(is this correct) then I would invite to party chat and game. (All working so far). Once I go to deploy (Blackout mode) it would kick my friend out of game and sand both of us back to the main screen. After a few seconds I would get a message from Xbox saying party chat disconnected. I would then go in to party chat and then find. My network settings is blocking party..?? Have know idea what this mean..

now if if I turn geo filtering off and just have my QoS on it seems to work fine but we get put with high ping and the game is unplayable with the constant high ping..?? Could you help out in anyway..??

thanks 

Ok I was actually able to play 4 games with my mate tonight on black out with him in my party and in game. Game was very smooth but was playing high ping once again and not really wining any gun fights as well we would see couple shots on screen but after watching kill cam it’s was a lot more ping was at 71- 89 - 55 - 105 jumping back and forth 

On the 5th game it kicked only my mate to the main screen. I quit the game started Geo-Filter and added my Xbox One as the device got to the lobby and in invited my mate to the party and game witch di not let him join and got the error message from Xbox party chat 

i don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just the BO4 servers playing around 

34BBC55C-3022-405E-84A6-62B85ACCDC57.jpeg

1C7A2FF7-F7B7-4EA8-8555-7EC2D13791C7.jpeg

68F6301E-04F7-48B7-ABCE-C68F9F4DF780.jpeg

Right ok mate I’ll definitely try that when I get home. Still trying to get my head around how to use this XR500 will let you know.

how do I fix my ping as well I set the geo filter ito 1000 I pick a low ping server or peer but still up around the 50 - 100 make sometimes over ..?can we fix this or is this a problem with BO4..??

thanks

Ok mate so I went to turn my Xbox on and test his out. Only to find my Xbox will not connect to the internet I plug my old router back in and everything works fine..?? What’s the go here..?? I’m finding a lot of this going wrong with this router...just spent the last hour trying to figure out what was wrong. Then it just randomly connected

14 hours ago, MikeTHIS said:

Hmm 

I know for me I don’t see peers on my map even I a lobby. I have my son in a match with me. 

Mine wouldn't show either until I unticked auto ping. Once I unticked that I saw people and it would let me click on them to ping them.

17 hours ago, K1W1 VIC said:

How do I add my friend to the allow list? I will have to double check but pretty sure our NAT was open 

Again, I had to do this...make sure you have auto ping off...every time I tried adding my friends it said I couldn't unless I took it off...once I took it off I could click on their person in the state they live and I could see their ping and click allow...once you allow them to you list your friends will be able to join you every time.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, K1W1 VIC said:

Ok mate so I went to turn my Xbox on and test his out. Only to find my Xbox will not connect to the internet I plug my old router back in and everything works fine..?? What’s the go here..?? I’m finding a lot of this going wrong with this router...just spent the last hour trying to figure out what was wrong. Then it just randomly connected

Do a console connection test and see if it connects then. Theres a lot of variables why that could've happened. Do you have internet through other devices?