Odd Issue with Multiple Xbox One’s

MikeTHIS

I’ve posted this before on the original R1 firmware builds, but it seems as though it’s followed me along to the DumaOS. 

PREVIOUSLY, I had a horrible time running two Xbox ones on my network running the same game with an open NAT, but I’ve since straightened that out and it’s not the issue this time around.

What I'm experiencing (and I could just be perceiving this) is that when my Xbox is filtering and the second is invited to my party (my sons is in spectating) his Xbox seems to get preferred treatment. He’ll have FANTASTIC connection and I’ll lag and barely be able to play. 

Yes, he’s younger and I expect him to play better - but when I’m not in a party with his Xbox, I play 1000% better to the point where I feel this is an issue. 

This has only been an issue with Call of Duty titles in the past and not on Fortnite or other games (we never filter on Fortnite anyhow). 

It is my understanding that when I’m filtering and using the geo, anyone I invite to the party will also get the same filtering - so why would the connection to my Xbox suddenly degrade to the point where it makes the connection degrade but be great on that box.

For testing, we switched for a few games and it’s definitely a thing we both notice.

Thoughts? Ideas?

• Administrators

Don't really know why that would be to be honest, doesn't really make much sense. The only thing I can think of would be to do with how much bandwidth has been allocated to each in Bandwidth Allocation and how you've setup Traffic Prioritization. I would experiment with those settings and see if you can get them both on a more even keel.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't really know why that would be to be honest, doesn't really make much sense. The only thing I can think of would be to do with how much bandwidth has been allocated to each in Bandwidth Allocation and how you've setup Traffic Prioritization. I would experiment with those settings and see if you can get them both on a more even keel.

I have main sliders set at 70% - second console in spectating. No other adjustments. 

5 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

What model are the xbox consoles? older or newer or mixed? 

How are they connected to the router? 

Mine is One X, second is a One. Both hardwired to a switch and then Duma. 

Both static IP’s  

tonight we connected to a dedi that claimed it was 110ms - I blocked it - his game said lost connection to host and mine stayed connected.

He was tearing it up, I couldn’t even walk around. It felt like I WAS HOST even though it claimed it was a dedi  

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, MikeTHIS said:

I have main sliders set at 70% - second console in spectating. No other adjustments.

Mine is One X, second is a One. Both hardwired to a switch and then Duma. 

Both static IP’s  

tonight we connected to a dedi that claimed it was 110ms - I blocked it - his game said lost connection to host and mine stayed connected.

He was tearing it up, I couldn’t even walk around. It felt like I WAS HOST even though it claimed it was a dedi  

I will say CoD has a history of party leaders suffering from lag. Something in their net-code has always been borked there, and I don't think anyone has ever figured out what it is. Even with the Netduma disconnected, if you're the party leader you'll likely experience worse hit-detection etc than other members of the party.

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, maybe try this: switch back to a previous CoD game and host a game. Does the party leader still lag more? Maybe even disconnect the Netduma. Does it still happen?

50 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

I will say CoD has a history of party leaders suffering from lag. Something in their net-code has always been borked there, and I don't think anyone has ever figured out what it is. Even with the Netduma disconnected, if you're the party leader you'll likely experience worse hit-detection etc than other members of the party.

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, maybe try this: switch back to a previous CoD game and host a game. Does the party leader still lag more? Maybe even disconnect the Netduma. Does it still happen?

I’ll do more experimenting. 

I will try to have him invite me to a party for testing. lol

Also, Blackout works great in comparison - go figure.