Geo filter not working.

So I bought this router hoping to stay away from the server in texas, i'm from Illinois and everyone that connects to the server is in Mexico and further down with everyone having very high pings in the hundreds. Ive set the geo filter around my location which has a server but still continues to connect me to the crappy Texas server and then procceds to make me leave matchmaking causing me to get banned. Why is it even letting me connect to the lobby in the first place. Paying 300 for a product and it doesn't do as advertised is a little frustrating if I can't get answer ill just have to return it.

• Netduma Staff

So I bought this router hoping to stay away from the server in texas, i'm from Illinois and everyone that connects to the server is in Mexico and further down with everyone having very high pings in the hundreds. Ive set the geo filter around my location which has a server but still continues to connect me to the crappy Texas server and then procceds to make me leave matchmaking causing me to get banned. Why is it even letting me connect to the lobby in the first place. Paying 300 for a product and it doesn't do as advertised is a little frustrating if I can't get answer ill just have to return it.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Lets clarify a few things:

- Which game are you playing? Every game uses different net-code and servers, so you will need to adjust your Geo-Filter depending on the game.

- Do you have Strict Mode enabled and Ping Assist at 0ms? If you do (and the Texas server is outside your radius) then you will NEVER be able to connect to that server. This is how you outright block servers. If it turns out that server is required for the game to play (which is entirely dependent on the game developers) then you may have to account for that.

Let us know the answers to the above! I promise you, your Geo-Filter will work and do exactly what you want it to do - block bad servers and secure you good ones. It is however reliant on the game itself having a good server infrastructure, so if the game is poorly supported then you'll struggle even with the Geo-Filter. Thanks :D

I am playing gears 4, I have strict enabled but it connects me to the lobby but then kicks me out because i assume it trying to not let me play on it. My problem is that I need it to net even allow me to get started on the server in the first place. also how do I enable ping assist I dont see it on the geo filter settings.

• Administrators

Some games work that way and theres nothing we can do about that. Also I believe the game has regions so we tested the game but found there was no need supporting it. Ping Assist isn't available at the moment on the XR500