Older guy needs help

A question for the more tech savvy amongst you

Can I set/connect another router to my R1 without having to go through hoops to get it configured?

My current set up is wall>Virgin SH in modem mode>R1>PS4

Could I put a Asus router connected to the R1 for the wifi users in the house? Bearing in mind that there's only two of us in the house, but I generally disconnect my R1 when not gaming and use the Asus to connect to the Internet.

Thank you in advance

I have my Asus connected to my R1 and have the Asus in AP mode. (1)because I can use all the congestion features of the R 1 and (2) I need the wireless ac aspect.

• Netduma Staff

Rememeber that congestion control will not be in control of the other routers wifi which could cause you to lag.

I think if it is in AP mode then the Netduma can see the individual devices and therefore congestion control works fine :)

I think if it is in AP mode then the Netduma can see the individual devices and therefore congestion control works fine :)

I can confirm that Crossy. And you can actually see the Asus router as well because it give it an IP address. I have the rt-ac68u.

• Netduma Staff

I can confirm that Crossy. And you can actually see the Asus router as well because it give it an IP address. I have the rt-ac68u.

It sounds like a really goos setup then as you get to keep all the features of the Netduma and the AC Wifi of the Asus!

It sounds like a really goos setup then as you get to keep all the features of the Netduma and the AC Wifi of the Asus!

It probably would be if I could get my stupid modem sorted out. I have the Motorola/Arris 6183. Yeah the one with the bug. But I'm trading it in for a Netgear CM500.

Yes. Right now I have my Modem>R1>Asus

The only device connected to my R1 is my Xbox. Everything else is connected by wifi through the Asus. AP=Access Point. Basically it is extending the wifi capabilities of the R1.

Archived