PSN downloads very slow.

Sgt-Greco

• Administrators

Thanks about the avatar Greco! Yeah I imagine many people download from their servers so they can't have huge bandwidth 

About? Bruce Jenner? Me too. I wonder if you're having line issues in the house? I had twc come check mine a while back and sure enough their cable was faulty from the pole to the house. They even added a booster inline to make sure I was getting what I paid for.

cables are fine cranium. In fact my provider's telecom cabinet is at next corner. PSN sucks.

Thanks about the avatar Greco! Yeah I imagine many people download from their servers so they can't have huge bandwidth 

Iain my friend. I remember myself paying 50€ rapidshare annual fee and I was downloading super fast. Now with the same amount of money I'm waiting 24h for a stupid demo.  :angry:

If a bunch of people are downloading that game at the same time it can really bog down the server.  Crossy has fiber net, so he probably would download quite faster even at the same time.  Tried it myself this morning and it only took 20 minutes for the whole thing; but probably wasn't fighting the amount of people that could have been downloading it yesterday.  Free d/l's are bound to bring traffic in.    

Hope you enjoy it!  Metal Gear is a very stealthy but fun game if you can get into the game play.  The Phantom Pain will be the first true installment this gen, and much much bigger when that comes out later this year.

I have found that setting congestion control to less than 100 disproportionately affects download speeds.  I was also downloading the AW update and it was very slow with CC set at 80% moved it to 100% and things sped up a lot.

Not sure why as it shouldn't make that much different from 80% to 100% but it was noticeable.

• Administrators

100% just means totally unthrottled. So you may have more speed then you entered. Furthermore the preemptive algorithm is also conservative on purpose as its goal is to reduce latency. 

When I went to download the last AW update it started at 99 hours to download then dropped to 33, It actually took around 4 hours.

I am getting 29 dl on speedtest.

With everything set to give ps4 best dl rate watching the monitor the rate was jumping from a few K to around 2 mb then dropping again.

I just put it down to so many people trying to download it at the same time.

One of my friends on the south coast (UK) didnit in ten minutes and another gaming buddy managed to download it in half an hour which is what it usually takes me.

To be honest i have 100 mb down bot i never piad attention to psn download speeds as the have always been up and down even before duma so i came to conclusion that the whole infrastructure of this network ps4 its still brand new and it will take some time to be solid again i could be very wrong on this one though

Archived