Padlocks on blops3 servers

I have tried unplugging my hard line from console for hours after flushing all server bands, refreshing server cloud and rebooting along with setting get filter over northern Indiana to southern Illinois around 500 miles ping assist set to 0 and strict mode ticked. I want to play on the closed server to Kentucky but I pick up server bank in north Carolina which plays great except for weekends. I haven't had the Duma for very long but since having it I have scored 1 relentless, 7 ruthless and about a hundred merciless. The other cod games I had only a few 10 kill streaks after a whole year of gaming so I love it! Two questions 1 if my base ping is 40ms does that limit what severs I can connect to? Second in my research of the forum I noticed that sometimes you give out numbers to set in the map/server cloud in general settings would that help me?

• Administrators

Having a base ping of 40ms means that you will never get a game below this ping. Whilst that won't restrict you getting games per se, the further away it is of course the worse it will be compared to someone with a much lower base ping. 

Those cloud numbers are test clouds for Destiny so it wouldn't help you but you're welcome to try it. 

Okay so my base ping wouldn't be the reason for servers being padlocked. Any suggestions to get them unlocked. I'm based in northern Kentucky and I would really like to get on closer servers than the Carolinas.

As Fraser said their outside out your GF radius so 2 choices untick strict mode and make your GF larger or change your home location but it would just be easier to expand your GF and untick stick mode but if you want to explore different dedi's then move your home location all over the country to find which dedi's play better for you.

I understand that they would be locked outside of geo filter. However as I said in first post, I have strict mode on 500 mile radius, home middle of Indiana. Refreshed cloud in general settings. Unplugged hard line from Xbox and rebooted Duma and waited an hour. At start up I can see the two dedi serves in Indiana and Illinois. But when search for match they show up padlocked. Maybe there in the wrong location. No worries, thanks for replying.

I understand that they would be locked outside of geo filter. However as I said in first post, I have strict mode on 500 mile radius, home middle of Indiana. Refreshed cloud in general settings. Unplugged hard line from Xbox and rebooted Duma and waited an hour. At start up I can see the two dedi serves in Indiana and Illinois. But when search for match they show up padlocked. Maybe there in the wrong location. No worries, thanks for replying.

Screenshot?

When you say 'at start-up', do you mean when you boot up the console?

I think this shows chat/matchmaking servers that aren't actually dedis you can game on. I definitely see some padlocks when I boot up that aren't in the same locations as the dedis.

• Netduma Staff

If you'd like you could post their ID's here and we could check. If however they appear as soon as you boot up the console, ColonicBoom is correct - those will be background servers or the likes. Make sure you have Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge enabled.

Sorry I did not mean at start up to mean start up of the console. Maybe the serves are for different game modes than I'm playing. The ids: southern Illinois is 496ca36e09e8383d and north Indiana is 4f6c0ed909ee383d. I made sure they both had the option to temp band so I am pretty sure they are dedi. Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Sorry I did not mean at start up to mean start up of the console. Maybe the serves are for different game modes than I'm playing. The ids: southern Illinois is 496ca36e09e8383d and north Indiana is 4f6c0ed909ee383d. I made sure they both had the option to temp band so I am pretty sure they are dedi. Thank you.

Thanks for the server ID's, we'll check them out. For now though, what's your ping in-game? If you're getting below 60ms, that's not a bad connection for gaming. You should still be able to get relatively close games in America, though make sure you experiment with the Geo-filter to get the best results over time.