Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum Feedback

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • LocationSouth Wales

One thing i think would be good is to not quote the previous post in full, 

3935489.png

Congestion Control on 97% download and upload

IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps from btw performance test

HG612 and Netduma No DMZ Method

bagsta69

bagsta69

The Reverend.

• Moderators
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationThe Steel City

One thing i think would be good is to not quote

After you have hit the quote button and your new post shows up just highlight the bits you don't want and hit delete just like in a word processor. As above.:)

punishertag.jpg
You can easily gauge someone's level of IQ by how easily they get outraged on the internet.

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

After you have hit the quote button and your new post shows up just highlight the bits you don't want and hit delete just like in a word processor. As above.:)

I've always done the same as bagsta
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,477 posts

I do agree with your statement, sometimes when there is a really long post someone will quote it and then they'll write a single line but as the others said you can edit your post to remove the unnecessary parts. I normally just edit the post for them.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

reading what i wrote, i should have said more.

Does a full quote need to be there if your quoting the last post. Would your post not be addressing the last post? there are exceptions though like multiquote.

there are benefits like keeping a topic short as possible its easier to digest.

3935489.png

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,440 posts
  • LocationUK

People maybe speaking to a person three posts up in a thread or the last so quoting is always best to stop the confusion. I also edit the quotes down using said method.

Some forums have a quote with the first few lines of text then a "show more" tab.

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

yes there are exceptions, i also think "show more" would stop me whining.

3935489.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,477 posts

I've wanted to upgrade the forum for awhile now so we could have some cool features like that. It's not possible right now but I will do it when we're able as it'd be great for the community.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

get cracking! 

3935489.png