ok iv left it for nearly 24 hours and the padlocked server is still there it shows up while im on patrol aswell as i have just been kicked with bee error code

I haven't found game time in about 4 weeks, so I don't know the current state of PvP.  What I can tell you is that there is very little point using the geo filter on anything but max range, (especially in ToO), in the current and future Destiny games.  To simplify the reasoning behind this, you are never connected to everyone.  Bungie have always implemented a mesh in Destiny.

When I first wired in my netduma, I was confident it made a difference to local games.  In reality population in Destiny would most likely have been higher than nowadays.  The best way to compare, turn geo-filter on, set to max range for a couple of games, watch where your players are.  After a few games set to 1k range or whatever you use and watch again.

So why use a netduma.  The overall reasoning is CBMM, no matter how low they put this against SBMM, your prime focus need to be on having the best so you are LESS likely to be MM with the "laggers".

With Destiny 2 the aim is to make the PvP game 100% global.  In theory this will be more beneficial after two years and a dwindling population base.  With Destiny currently and probably for the last 12 months, I feel laggers came to the game on wind of bad connections rule...

You may have your own opinions or idea's regarding my text, I do not work for Bungie or Neduma but supply ISP's with hardware like BT type 7 street boxes, VM street cabs, to internal server gear.  My knowledge is far from expert, yet found from logical chains.  Last weeks Bungie news points you to look, if you look to find.  Run the range test, think about how a mesh works, read up on page 7 of the document found http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022247/Shared-World-Shooter-Destiny-s 

Add all this up and hoping for consistent in a game 2.5 years old, is futile.  Similar to life, enjoy the good games, limit the damage in the bad games.  

Good Luck Guardians

setting the filter to max which i have done allows players from the usa into my games and i can empty a full clip into them melee them and nova bomb them and i only remove there over shield at which point they walk over to me one melee and i die.

also when my mates play destiny and we go into the crucible they make me fire team leader as match making seems to be quicker and the games smoother with less teleporting (taken) players this has been noticed by my mates (hence i get made leader) not only in destiny but in cod even though cod now uses dedi's.

and i have been using the R1 for a number of years now since advanced war fare came out and once it was set up i instantly noticed the difference so there cant be a slight improvement if it was clearly noticable.

as for D2  i have only heard snippets about the connection but it seems that they are going to run pretty much the same as it is now yes there will be improvements but i gather its going to be the same set up p2p and dedis mixed..

The location of another player is not defining that players lag or lack thereof, but what does is his ping and packetloss.

That is why i find the geoip filter thing useless.

Filtering on ping, very strict filtering on packetloss, and the possibility to whitelist your laggy friends would be 10 times more usefull.

Geoip is a gimmick.

• Administrators

The location of another player is not defining that players lag or lack thereof, but what does is his ping and packetloss.

Filtering on ping, very strict filtering on packetloss, and the possibility to whitelist your laggy friends would be 10 times more usefull.

Geoip is a gimmick.

Distance affects ping. The further away they are the higher the ping is.

I managed to play a few games myself today but didn't get booted at all. Just to confirm so we're using the same settings:

33, 30, 28 for cloud

Strict off

Ports forwarded for the console

That's what I have ^

Did you update the cloud for destiny recently?  I am still using the 30 28 28....

Yes it was for another update they did as well as something regarding Windows as well.

So use 33, 30, 28? You have different numbers posted in another thread so trying to confirm which ones are correct.

Geoip is a gimmick.

Geoip will work but only when P2P is host based, and when others are not trying to gatecrash via a vpn service.  

Location and ping are directly related.

There are two normal factors that significantly influence the latency of a consumer device (like a cable modem, dsl modem or dial-up modem).

1. The latency of the connecting device. For a cable modem, this can normally be between 5 and 40 ms. For a DSL modem this is normally 10 to 70ms. For a cellular link, this can be from 200 to 600 ms. For a T1, this is normally 0 to 10 ms.
  2. The distance the data is traveling. Data travels at (very roughly) 120,000 miles (or 192,000 kilometers) per second, or 120 miles (192 km) per ms (millisecond) over a network connection. With traceroute, we have to send the data there and back again, so roughly 1 ms of latency is added for every 60 miles (96km, although with the level of accuracy we're using here, we should say '100km') of distance between you and the target.

Connecting to a web site across 1500 miles (2400 km) of distance is going to add at least 25 ms to the latency. Normally, it's more like 75 after the data zig-zags around a bit and goes through numerous routers.

Packet loss is generally line quality, which will be internal or upto the local cabinet.  

Matchmaking in Destiny is like flying your spacecraft to their servers, where they assess your connection, match your skill and then try to geoip you themselves.  Traffic at the start of the process is low, resulting in bad matchmaking in that sector.  Then when the game starts and traffic increases, opponents connections are pot luck.  Before I switched to an R1 I ran several different "custom" router firmwares.  DD-WRT graphs spring to mind where connections would increase to 5mb bandwidth shortly before you see which map you are on.  They would generally then settle at 1mb, with respawn jumping bandwidth back upto 1.5mb.  This in my opinion is one of the main reasons why connections can be so varied after the matchmaking phase.

From the bits I read on here, packet loss for an R1 user will improve again in the next OS.  Which again will be a slight improvement, I just don't see how a mesh can work well for this type of application (Destiny PVP), when there are so many variables.

The salt is in Bungie's own words for D2, they are trying to balance good and bad connections.  The reasoning behind this is fair enough, some can not get high speeds, never mind line quality.  In the UK, openreach and VM are pressing forwards with upgrades and expansion.  We, as one of two companies supplying them both are manufacturing just under 1000 street cabinets per month alone.  The cost of a BT twin door cab is around £30k on the street.  They are throwing money at it.  None of this is relevant when it appears to be red bar galore in the crucible.  Until people want a fair fight, the biggest problem will remain as artificially manufacturing poor connections, unknowingly or purposely, in the homes of players.

Needless to say, as I already have, with increased population for at least 9 months and hopefully for at least 18 months, everyone should see less lag in D2 and the probability of an R1 assisting your game, is high.  

The best pm you can send a lagger then, a web link to a pair of ethernet homeplugs???

If anyone is available to help me it would be greatly appreciated, new customer trying to get the correct settings

XBL: Almighty Muuu

Please take a look at this sticky and create a separate support post with more specifics.  Thanks.

• Administrators

If anyone is available to help me it would be greatly appreciated, new customer trying to get the correct settings

XBL: Almighty Muuu

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

As above please :)

ID: 1436b07bd3b3585d 

that seems to be showing up now it didnt show up last night after i reduced my radius down i played a few games then it showed up and kicked me

iv had these ids show up all the same distance  and showing up on the same place on the map

ID: 1436b07bd3b3585d    
ID: 11364712d3b0585d 
ID: 053629f4d3a4585d