Had this router for quite a while now and I can say that when the router works the games are nice and clean.  Unfortunately, the router is very unstable.  If you play Destiny (with Destiny profile, Strict mode off, Home set to central Europe, 1200KM distance, and cloud settings enabled) then in my experience I get about 3-6 games without errors followed by 1-2 games where I get kicked from the game (or returned to lobby just before the game starts). If you play Trails then forget it. There is no way (or rare) that the router will hold out for 7 continuous matches. I know, I've been beavered enough with my team mates screaming at me to turn off the router. I've read loads of forums where Netduma state that these errors are due to incorrect settings but I don't think so. You just can't mess with the Bungie connection - Beavered!.  Even then, if the router is set up to allow laggy games (what's the point of the router) how do you get past the padlocks inside the distance set? Answer = Beavered!

Improvements needed:

• Once a game has started, commit to the game.  Don't send me to orbit half way because the game has started to lag
  • Is there no way to automatically report padlocked hosts outside the distance set? Why are you asking for users to send you the padlock IDs? Give me an option to report and ignore padlocked hosts.
  • What is the point of Strict mode (at least with the Destiny profile set) if you are telling people to disable it all the time?
  • When I start my browser and go to the router why does it not save my previous session? It's annoying to un-check the legend and zoom into my home location every time.
  • For some reason the browser lags when opened for some time (and often crashes).  Even had out of memory once.
  • Mobile app?

All in all I do like the router but it's not stable enough for competition type gaming (firmware update seriously needed).  It is really good for normal crucible (even Iron Banner struggles) if you don't mind crashing out of the game regularly then it's great.

Had this router for quite a while now and I can say that when the router works the games are nice and clean.  Unfortunately, the router is very unstable.  If you play Destiny (with Destiny profile, Strict mode off, Home set to central Europe, 1200KM distance, and cloud settings enabled) then in my experience I get about 3-6 games without errors followed by 1-2 games where I get kicked from the game (or returned to lobby just before the game starts). If you play Trails then forget it. There is no way (or rare) that the router will hold out for 7 continuous matches. I know, I've been beavered enough with my team mates screaming at me to turn off the router. I've read loads of forums where Netduma state that these errors are due to incorrect settings but I don't think so. You just can't mess with the Bungie connection - Beavered!.  Even then, if the router is set up to allow laggy games (what's the point of the router) how do you get past the padlocks inside the distance set? Answer = Beavered!

Improvements needed:

• Once a game has started, commit to the game.  Don't send me to orbit half way because the game has started to lag
  • Is there no way to automatically report padlocked hosts outside the distance set? Why are you asking for users to send you the padlock IDs? Give me an option to report and ignore padlocked hosts.
  • What is the point of Strict mode (at least with the Destiny profile set) if you are telling people to disable it all the time?
  • When I start my browser and go to the router why does it not save my previous session? It's annoying to un-check the legend and zoom into my home location every time.
  • For some reason the browser lags when opened for some time (and often crashes).  Even had out of memory once.
  • Mobile app?

All in all I do like the router but it's not stable enough for competition type gaming (firmware update seriously needed).  It is really good for normal crucible (even Iron Banner struggles) if you don't mind crashing out of the game regularly then it's great.

Hi Guardian,

let me give you some help  :)

Can you install Teamviewer and your computer and send me the ID/password in PM?

It's not lag, you need just a little improvement on your configuration (port forwarding, static IP, ...)

If you have padlocks outside of your radius, it seems that you need a cloud update

Strict mode doesn't feet with Destiny servers configuration. It worked at the beginning of the game (it's Bungie fault).

You need to check "enable cookies" in Miscalleneous

Make sure you don't have adblock enable for the administration page.

• Mobile app?

Not for the moment but you can access the interface with your console navigator.

Hi guys, great advice so far.  It seems to have worked :-)  Since Iron Banner came out on Tuesday I've been getting 'Marionberry' constantly (router worked reasonably well up until then).  I reset the router and applied your changes above.  Can't help but love the NetDuma router and now the support is right up there.  Thanks again.  I'll keep you updated if I run into anything else (such as Trails ;-).

Last night the game was working.  Today not.  Bashing my brains out here.  Marrionberry every time now when enabling Host Filtering.  Can't start Destiny at all!

Netduma is fully exposed to the main router (DMZ)

• Reset Netduma router again (connected to main router using port 1)
  • Replaced LAN cable
  • Set wifi pasword (for laptop to access Netduma web-server)
  • Set up devices (PS4)
  • Setup static IP
  • Set LAN DNS to OpenDNS public servers (connected to PS4 on port 2)
  • Entered standard PS4 port forwarding to static IP
  • Applied the cookies (nice tip)
  • Disabled Auto Cloud
  • Selected 30, 28, and 28

Results on Netduma LAN (preferred choice):

Enable Host Filtering = Marrionberry

Disable Host Filtering = Destiny starts with no problems

Results on Netduma wifi (don't like to use)

Enable Host Filtering = Destiny starts with no problems

Results on main router LAN

Destiny starts with no problems

Results on main router wifi

Everything was fine until Destiny updated their servers this week but why only LAN (does make me feel like there is something wrong with the LAN setup)

Last night the game was working. Today not. Bashing my brains out here. Marrionberry every time now when enabling Host Filtering. Can't start Destiny at all!

Netduma is fully exposed to the main router (DMZ)

• Reset Netduma router again (connected to main router using port 1)
  • Replaced LAN cable
  • Set wifi pasword (for laptop to access Netduma web-server)
  • Set up devices (PS4)
  • Setup static IP
  • Set LAN DNS to OpenDNS public servers (connected to PS4 on port 2)
  • Entered standard PS4 port forwarding to static IP
  • Applied the cookies (nice tip)
  • Disabled Auto Cloud
  • Selected 30, 28, and 28
Results on Netduma LAN (preferred choice):

Enable Host Filtering = Marrionberry

Results on Netduma wifi (don't like to use)

Enable Host Filtering = Destiny starts with no problems

Results on main router LAN

Results on main router wifi

Everything was fine until Destiny updated their servers this week but why only LAN (does make me feel like there is something wrong with the LAN setup)

There is no problem with the LAN settings.

The only issue is that a new servers has been added and or a new handshake authentification.

It means that the cloud settings can't handle those servers.

For now, just disable your host filtering.

We will find a solution.

Anyone who says this router does not work should try using a Netduma for about 3 months then play 1 week without it.  Vanilla Destiny matchmaking is a total nightmare ().  I may've found a way of getting the router to work:

• Disable Geo-Filtering
  • Start PS4
  • Start Destiny and wait in orbit
  • Enable Geo-Filtering
  • Select a crucible match and you're in :-)

The new server(s) that Bungie added seems to be connecting just before the character selection part of the game.

Anyone who says this router does not work should try using a Netduma for about 3 months then play 1 week without it.  Vanilla Destiny matchmaking is a total nightmare ().  I may've found a way of getting the router to work:

• Disable Geo-Filtering
  • Start PS4
  • Enable Geo-Filtering

The new server(s) that Bungie added seems to be connecting just before the character selection part of the game.

It was said a long time ago, mate  :P

• Administrators

• Disable Geo-Filtering
  • Start PS4
  • Enable Geo-Filtering

Great to hear that and nice workaround!

Latest cloud to try is 33, 30, 28.

I'm able to access Destiny content using the workaround above but I'm now getting Anteater followed by Weasel every 8th or so game. So annoying! Happened twice last night on the 8th round of trails (only the 8th rounds too). There is still something unstable running in the background (or new Destiny server trying to run checks and getting blocked). Are there any other players getting the same problem in Trails?

I'll try the new cloud servers and get back.

• Administrators

With the settings you suggested I still got weaselled in the middle of a game (at least no Anteater first).

Update.  turned router off for Destiny.  Totally, unplayable!!!

No worries I'll test asap!

Really strange, as I've played Destiny PvP a fair bit and haven't had the errors at all, but I've played with geo on and off, and to be fair,it's playing the same, so I'd leave geo off to be honest.

i've played an entire weekend with the geo-filter on without issues.

Sproutcore, you need a professionnal for this, let me help you :)

• Administrators

i've played an entire weekend with the geo-filter on without issues.

Sproutcore, you need a professionnal for this, let me help you :)

So you don't think the cloud needs to be updated at all?

• Administrators

yes it does i went into the crucible today and theres a locked server booting me the same one as before and im just spawn die spawn due to laggers

I managed to play a few games myself today but didn't get booted at all. Just to confirm so we're using the same settings:

33, 30, 28 for cloud

Strict off

Ports forwarded for the console

That's what I have ^

yup

the server will appear then go away again almost as if its a handshake server for mp my distance is set to 727km atm and its fine but joining at first i have to increase it to 1200km just to play then i can drop it down again , but every now and again the locked server will pop up again and kick me.

• Administrators

yup

the server will appear then go away again almost as if its a handshake server for mp my distance is set to 727km atm and its fine but joining at first i have to increase it to 1200km just to play then i can drop it down again , but every now and again the locked server will pop up again and kick me.

Okay apply the cloud again with those settings just to flush it and try again please